The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Dont forget that the SKUs of the black Friday bundles are older model PS4s and those will have console face button (power button) issues down the line.

got the CUH-1215A from the Newegg deal.....Uncharted bundle.

I wanna say you are safe. The consoles with this second revision (the first being from touch-sensitive to mechanical) are the newest bundles (drake collection) and the older ones are the LOU remastered and GTA V bundles.

I'll see if I can locate specific SKUs.

I overheard this on this week's Giant Bombcast, amongst a gamestop employee last week and it is probably on the playstation forums by now.

Anything with a TB hard drive is new and I think the 500 GB has a few SKUs.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy XV currently playable from start to finish

An update from programmer Kitade.

View media item 1811124

Development on Final Fantasy XV has entered pre-beta, programmer Kitade said on the official Final Fantasy XV forums. This means two things: 1) the game is playable from start to finish, and 2) the first half of the game is finished with the quality of a final product.

“We’re at the point where we can play the game in its entirety from start to finish,” Kitade said. “From this, everyone on the development team can get an overall view on the game.”

In other words, Kitade adds, they’re polishing every element, making adjustments to gameplay, and preparing to complete the game and all of its contents with the highest possible standard.

Kitade continued, “The first half of the game is finished with the quality of a final product, and you get the sense you’re playing it in its final form.”

Now the team understands the amount of manpower necessary to reach the desired level of quality in terms of gameplay and visuals, as well as the pacing of the game via outside testing.

Final Fantasy XV is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016. An official release date will be announced at an event in March 2016.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-xv-currently-playable-start-finish#LoAhbKXkk4XyWKI5.99

Good news.
If the majorty of the work is polish then it means a lot of people on the team can move onto the other projects, FFVII and KH3

Release date will be announced in March.

I'm not worried about this game not releasing anymore. The question is when will FFVII come out.

Bloodborne got a patch yesterday and the servers are offline. Been offline for days now, no word why. There was a glitch allowing access to Old Hunters for free, they probably trying to fix that.

Final Fantasy XV currently playable from start to finish

An update from programmer Kitade.

Development on Final Fantasy XV has entered pre-beta, programmer Kitade said on the official Final Fantasy XV forums. This means two things: 1) the game is playable from start to finish, and 2) the first half of the game is finished with the quality of a final product.

“We’re at the point where we can play the game in its entirety from start to finish,” Kitade said. “From this, everyone on the development team can get an overall view on the game.”

In other words, Kitade adds, they’re polishing every element, making adjustments to gameplay, and preparing to complete the game and all of its contents with the highest possible standard.

Kitade continued, “The first half of the game is finished with the quality of a final product, and you get the sense you’re playing it in its final form.”

Now the team understands the amount of manpower necessary to reach the desired level of quality in terms of gameplay and visuals, as well as the pacing of the game via outside testing.

Final Fantasy XV is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016. An official release date will be announced at an event in March 2016.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-xv-currently-playable-start-finish#LoAhbKXkk4XyWKI5.99

Good news.
If the majorty of the work is polish then it means a lot of people on the team can move onto the other projects, FFVII and KH3
giphy.gif

Glad I waited over a year for a PS4 ^
View media item 1811203
What I am mad about is I redeemed my Battle of Jakku code but nothing is showing up when I start the game. Like am I doing it wrong fam? Where is it suppose to show up at?

Last edited:
Anyone here pick up Rainbow Six Siege? Worth it?
Id say if you are on the fence just a way a week or two and see what people say and when reviews come in. I've liked what I played in the betas a lot but I could see it being one dimensional and being a little flat

Yea, I just found out that there's no true campaign mode. Some would argue that noone plays campaigns anymore but if the story is done right, I could get down w/ it. That alone makes me not want to get it. But for those that want to get it, Target has a 5% off on their Cartwheel app, it's not much but it's something.

How's Siege? Is there a large variety of different maps? I enjoyed the beta but it felt like a watered down S&D mode from COD that can get repetitive quick.
don't see how its a watered down version of it.  I don't know how anyone could go back to S&D after playing siege.  Had a blast playing siege with randos last night, we all had mics.  Added a couple new people.  I know JUST_BOB was on it late last night with me, but couldn't link up with him.

Had 1 issue last night with crazy lag spikes, lasted 3 rounds or 1 game.  Other than that, multiplayer was a smooth 60fps.  Terrorist hunt on the other hand is clocked in at 30fps.  You can clearly tell the difference.

laugh.gif

Who do we have to pull out of mothballs to start production on a next-gen FF tactics game? Maybe we can get Ito and Matsuno off mobile games. 

Back
Top Bottom