The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

If you think controlling cars is BAD in Driveclub, I don't know what to tell you. 
laugh.gif
 It's not GT, but come on now...

Go play The Crew and tell me Driveclub's car control is bad.
It's definitely different, but the controls are tight and responsive. I'd say definitely more on the arcade side of Arcade vs Sim sliding scale. Cars behave differently than GT6 when braking, turning, weight transfer and the different track/offtrack surfaces. Braking is the most different for me.

All in all, actually really fun. Might just cop the full game after playing more of the Plus version and deciding I want more. Beautiful game and I like how it sounds.

Online racers are savages, though.
laugh.gif
I found it to be tricky, that's for sure... cuz the handling's "simcade", but the way the races are setup, it's very arcady (3 laps, on a narrow road and at the back of the grid), so for me I had to adjust to that type of racing with handling that's not arcady.  If that makes any sense.  

I don't  see myself paying for other stuff though.  I think I'll just get thru as much of this PS+ as I can and see what happens.
Get off me bro
laugh.gif

Tell me why I am in cocpit view but can barely hear the engine
sick.gif
I use bumper-view and on some cars, I can barely hear the engine too.  Irritating as hell.  I need to hear the revs. 

What would you want naughty dog to do next, if not a tlou sequel? In the tlou documentary creative director neil druckmann stated it was ....ing hard to create a new ip, and that you shouldn't do it.

ND can do whatever they want in my opinion.

Their last 3 games have been amazing. (UC2, UC3, TLoU) They kind of have carte blanche. 

I found it to be tricky, that's for sure... cuz the handling's "simcade", but the way the races are setup, it's very arcady (3 laps, on a narrow road and at the back of the grid), so for me I had to adjust to that type of racing with handling that's not arcady.  If that makes any sense.  

I don't  see myself paying for other stuff though.  I think I'll just get thru as much of this PS+ as I can and see what happens.

I use bumper-view and on some cars, I can barely hear the engine too.  Irritating as hell.  I need to hear the revs. 

Sound is HUGE in a racing game :smh:

If you're disappointed with DC, I've played better racing games.
One in particular...

Project Cars

Assetto Corsa coming to consoles.

Drive Club is more like Need Cor Speed or Ridge Racer.

GT, PC, and AC are true sims. Not to say DC and NFS aren't fun, though.

They should leave TLOU alone. I don't think a sequel would live up to the first one.
I don't think it would either. I thought the ending of the game was perfect. This was one of the only games that kept me emotionally involved to the story. Leave it be!
Don't get me wrong, I'd love another game but like you said that ending was perfect already. The truth would obviously come out sooner or later. What would their purpose be?
ND can do whatever they want in my opinion.

Their last 3 games have been amazing. (UC2, UC3, TLoU) They kind of have carte blanche. 
True.

I just don't want them to force a sequel. If they want to do it, then fine. I just don't want Sony forcing it.

Project Cars is fun as hell man. If you're more so into tuning and building the right setups for the fastest lap times then it's an amazing game. The best we've had on consoles.

The community is dope too. It's a great hold over game until GT. hopefully GT has better sounds.

If they can make Assetto Corsa just as good as the PC version, it'll be he best game out tho

I really hope Gran Turismo 7 turns out to be the best all around racer. With wheel support for all the wheels on the market right now. Because PS4 racing games each have certain wheels you can use and others you can't.

I'm not trying to drop $400 on a thrust master wheel and half the games can't even use it

Last edited:
Sony really shoulda just dropped a port of GT 6 on PS4. Even if it was just a small upgrade.

Man you know damn well GT will not have better sounds.

Them engines and tire sounds have been the same since '93

Sony really shoulda just dropped a port of GT 6 on PS4. Even if it was just a small upgrade.

Yeah they should have. At least given us a developed for PS4 GT7 prologue type of game. Stripped to just a handful of tracks and cars. Maybe quarterly DLC, one car, one track, etc. until they actually have a full game.

But nah.

Polyphony don't bang with us like that.

A shame there's been 3 Forzas on the next gen Microsoft platform, and no GT's on Sony.

Man you know damn well GT will not have better sounds.

Them engines and tire sounds have been the same since '93

Man, you right :smh:

I just don't understand why they won't just fix that **** :lol:

GT needs a free roam mode where you can test your cars in different city courses. Like a San Fran track or a course through country back roads.

They gave us mirror's edge and pvz, so hopefully it's something bigger than those two.

Back
Top Bottom