The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Last edited:
That's a list from 1997.
noted and repped. that explains the lack of n64 games. the shame of it is... ign's article from sept 2014 barely makes a difference. i see games from mid 2000s now but theyre all donkey kongs, marios, and smash bros. someone point me to a newer ip from them

edit: IGN LIST - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/24/the-top-125-nintendo-games-of-all-time?page=1

Are you talking about a Nintendo developed game or something on their system?

Are you talking about a Nintendo developed game or something on their system?
one THEY developed that was new. i guess I found one on the list from ign. xenoblade chronicles.
What are you guys arguing about!? 
laugh.gif
theres no argument man lol. im asking for someone to show a nintendo ip from past 2000 that was all new. as in.. didn't rely on mario or donkey kong or kirby etc etc.

Last edited:
SPLATOON is a new ip for nintendo
And it's actually fun to play
And who cares if they don't use new ip
As long as it's actually fun
Not to mention at least when they do use old ip
They try to bring in new mechanics and games end up being great
Nintendo ip have some of the most critically acclaimed titles
Even in the past 3 years
From fire emblem
To mario 3d world
To donkey Kong tropical freeze
To mario kart 8
To smash wii/3ds
To a link between worlds
To various 3ds games

I love Final Fantasy but to say it's ether TODAY is just false. The last great Final Fantasy game to come out was in 2006, Final Fantasy XII. Final Fantasy XIII was enjoyable but far from great and each sequel was worse than the one before it. So with that being said what has Square published here in NA that was ether?

Nintendo doesn't need new characters or IPs, Mario Kart 8, Smash 4, Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze are all GREAT games.

I'm pretty certain Pikmin is the last original IP that wasn't a sequel or mashup of some sort.
sheesh.
SPLATOON is a new ip for nintendo
And it's actually fun to play
And who cares if they don't use new ip
As long as it's actually fun
Not to mention at least when they do use old ip
They try to bring in new mechanics and games end up being great
Nintendo ip have some of the most critically acclaimed titles
Even in the past 3 years
From fire emblem
To mario 3d world
To donkey Kong tropical freeze
To mario kart 8
To smash wii/3ds
To a link between worlds
To various 3ds games
hey man like i said this isnt an arugment at all. im not downing nintendo at all... they got my childhood ina  chokehold. im just stating facts, no need to defend em. ive never heard of splatoon nor fire emblem. if theyre good then so be it. 

edit: turns out ive never heard of splatoon cuz its not out yet... ok.
I love Final Fantasy but to say it's ether TODAY is just false. The last great Final Fantasy game to come out was in 2006, Final Fantasy XII. Final Fantasy XIII was enjoyable but far from great and each sequel was worse than the one before it. So with that being said what has Square published here in NA that was ether?

Nintendo doesn't need new characters or IPs, Mario Kart 8, Smash 4, Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze are all GREAT games.
ff13 was awesome. the sequels are subjective, but the game itself was fun. i never played 12. the new ff-zero is very good. 15... well we all see what time it is. yall in here defending nintendo for real. i was only asking a question, this isn't a hate thread. no need to defend, just answer the question lol

Last edited:
I guess Sony should stop making Uncharted, God of War and Infamous too.
jeez some of you guys are sensitive. im sorry i asked the question. just drop it lol. and this isn't sony vs nintendo. its square enix vs nintendo. sony vs nintendo isnt even fair. but again...lets all just drop it.

Last edited:
I'm not hating, your opinion is yours but I really don't see why Nintendo needs new IPs if the ones they have are fine. They're exclusives are second to none. Imo their biggest problem is that they don't release enough of them or release them in a timely manner.

Have you played any of the older Final Fantasy games from the SNES and PSOne days? If so, there's no way you can call FF XIII an awesome game :lol:

Type-0 was cool but not a great game.

Infamous, definitely.

Wouldn't bother me none if Uncharted 4 wrapped up the series.

God of War should end if they're not going to move on to a new mythology.

Infamous, definitely.

Wouldn't bother me none if Uncharted 4 wrapped up the series.

God of War should end if they're not going to move on to a new mythology.
maybe I'm just in the minority. As long as the game is fun and still keeps me entertained, they can make them til the end of time and I'll continue to play them. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom