**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Real spit right here. Talk all that tough talk on your records and in the radio station...

Dem' GD's don't play. They came to YOUR home state and tried you. What Officer Ricky gonna do now?

GD's made another video claiming they did it or do u have the insider scoop? j/s

Smh man the shooting wasnt promo..nobody goes that hard to protect their image..nt'ers should stick to what we know best shoes lol n not the streets..n I'm.not a street cat but yall clearly have no clue lol..

So if you're not a "street cat" then.......

OK.

Can’t really clown the man for protecting his own life…I just find it funny when ****** say outlandish **** and have to eat their words when **** gets real.

All those “choppas in the car” and “I’m not one of those ****** you just pull a pistol on” bars only add to the that humor when your true colors reveal you ain’t living out what you spitting out.

It’s like when “Up And Coming Rapper X” brags about Maybachs & jewelry…you know it’s just a front to sound like a success story before anyone even knows who you are. “See ‘em in the streets…and I don’t see NONE of that. Damn playboy, where the **** is the Hummer at!?” even though there’s entertainment in story telling there’s RESPECT in authenticity.

Can’t really clown the man for protecting his own life…I just find it funny when ****** say outlandish **** and have to eat their words when **** gets real.

All those “choppas in the car” and “I’m not one of those ****** you just pull a pistol on” bars only add to the that humor when your true colors reveal you ain’t living out what you spitting out.

It’s like when “Up And Coming Rapper X” brags about Maybachs & jewelry…you know it’s just a front to sound like a success story before anyone even knows who you are. “See ‘em in the streets…and I don’t see NONE of that. Damn playboy, where the **** is the Hummer at!?” even though there’s entertainment in story telling there’s RESPECT in authenticity.
I agree to a certain extent but the majority of rappers aren't living what they rap.  Yet, Rick Ross is getting clowned the most.  50 talking about moving weight and how he's this street thug yet he admits to having security and bullet-proof cars.  Nobody clowns him.  A lot of people need to realize, like you said, it's just entertainment.  Very similar to movies.  You (in general) gonna get mad if 2 Chainz is only wearing one chain and some Levi's on?

I agree to a certain extent but the majority of rappers aren't living what they rap.  Yet, Rick Ross is getting clowned the most.  50 talking about moving weight and how he's this street thug yet he admits to having security and bullet-proof cars.  Nobody clowns him.  A lot of people need to realize, like you said, it's just entertainment.  Very similar to movies.  You (in general) gonna get mad if 2 Chainz is only wearing one chain and some Levi's on?

Because 50 was really living that life at one point.
Ross on the other hand..

We dont kno what none of these ****** did before rap bro. All we doin is goin off other dudes word

Sorry, but there are public records that can account for some of what these dudes did before rap.

Is Common not living what he raps? Is Drake not? is Cudi not? Is Big Sean not? Lupe (even though his label was built on drug money...). These dudes not even talking tough. Do they have moments when they try to flex? Sure. What dude don't?

That argument is tired. There are less actors out here than some of y'all seem to believe.

50? Really. Son....if you got shot the **** up once, you would probably have security and bullet proof cars.

And even the dudes that don't like 50 (Smurf etc.) will tell you he was no joke.

That's why, assuming this is real, I can't even clown Ross for having security at this point. And I don't even like Ross.

What I CAN clown him for is letting his imagery and mouth get the best of him and putting him in this position.

I can't even understand dudes that defend, condone and support this dude and his *******......

Last edited:
Is Common not living what he raps? Is Drake not? is Cudi not? Is Big Sean not? Lupe (even though his label was built on drug money...)
Drake? Really?

"Just bought my n's some cane, so much it came with a plane
Bought my n's some dope, so much it came with a boat"

"You gonna hype me up and make me catch a body like that"

"You like the finish line, We cant wait to run into you"

As far as actors, please, there's been plenty actors. Dude mentioned 50, which is the worst example ever (since he happens to be one of the more legitmate), but most of your legends ain't done what they talked about.

Ice Cube never wetted anbody up, and Dr. Dre never straight tripped with the Nina. Snoop wasn't killing undercover cops. Nas wasn't a coke kingpin. Jay wasn't emptying 3 at anybody..B.I.G's body count on "Ready To Die" was in the double digits - but he really didn't kill all those people. B.G. doesn't have a graveyard under his belt. Fabolous saying "Duck These, mf" aiight dawg. I can keep going if neccessary.

Point is, how do you expect people to really care about authenticity, when in 30+ years of commercial hip-hop, half the stuff has been made up?

Last edited:
2 lines out of Drake's entire catalog represent him as an artist? You guys are being ridiculous (although the irony is....Drake really was an actor. HA!). I've gone through this ad nauseum.

We all talk ****. We all talk bigger than we are sometimes. Yes these guys are artists. There will be some poetic license.

But we don't all completely adopt new personas and personalities. We don't all take another man's name, appearance and lifestyle and make them out our for the sake of "entertainment".

I've sold drugs before. Would I ever go as far as to pretend I'm some kingpin? Talk mad reckless about **** I had no involvement in. Lie about being a CO on top of that. Hell no.

I named 4 guys. You picked out 2 lines from one guy who is otherwise referred to by some as the "kitten whisperer" to try to make a point. Drake's music is 99% soft and we know this.

I laughed at those lines too...but why shouldn't he say them. Apparently none of you care about honesty, credibility or sincerity in your music. So of course these dudes will start feeding you ********.

I can't even remember Nas claiming to be a Coke kingpin. Jay shot his own brother. That Snoop record was for a movie soundtrack about.....an undercover cop.

And not every record or lyric is meant to be literal. Ice T's Cop Killa didn't mean he was killing cops. He was more dealing with the very real feelings cats around the way have for police. How they fell as opposed to what they do. It's still a reality.

Ghostface (Dennis Coles) really had the paper that funded Wu. He didn't get that selling Girl Scout cookies. You know how Eazy E founded Ruthless?

TI? Maino? Gucci? Keef? Game? Young Buck? One dude says 50 is an actor, the next man says he's not.

Not everyone is even trying to be a "gangster" with their music. Kendrick is an actor? Chuck D today is still talking about the **** he did 30 years ago. Rakim, same. Kanye? The Roots?

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I tend to gravitate towards music with integrity and subconsiously, or even intentionally, ignore these buffoons out here. **** all that "but it's good music". Mad times the **** ain't THAT good and I can find something better.

But for every example you can try to provide, I can do the same. I'm not denying there aren't guys that stretch it.

But I'm not prepared to just call every rapper an "actor" because VERY few of them are really taking it that far. And I'm not about to say "half the stuff has been made up". What scientific equation did you use to come up with that number?

Last edited:
2 lines out of Drake's entire catalog represent him as an artist? You guys are being ridiculous (although the irony is....Drake really was an actor. HA!). I've gone through this ad nauseum.

We all talk ****. We all talk bigger than we are sometimes. Yes these guys are artists. There will be some poetic license.

But we don't all completely adopt new personas and personalities. We don't all take another man's name, appearance and lifestyle and make them out our for the sake of "entertainment".

I've sold drugs before. Would I ever go as far as to pretend I'm some kingpin? Talk mad reckless about **** I had no involvement in. Lie about being a CO on top of that. Hell no.

I named 4 guys. You picked out 2 lines from one guy who is otherwise referred to by some as the "kitten whisperer" to try to make a point. Drake's music is 99% soft and we know this.

I laughed at those lines too...but why shouldn't he say them. Apparently none of you care about honesty, credibility or sincerity in your music. So of course these dudes will start feeding you ********.

I can't even remember Nas claiming to be a Coke kingpin. Jay shot his own brother. That Snoop record was for a movie soundtrack about.....an undercover cop.

And not every record or lyric is meant to be literal. Ice T's Cop Killa didn't mean he was killing cops. He was more dealing with the very real feelings cats around the way have for police. How they fell as opposed to what they do. It's still a reality.

Ghostface (Dennis Coles) really had the paper that funded Wu. He didn't get that selling Girl Scout cookies. You know how Eazy E founded Ruthless?

TI? Maino? Gucci? Keef? Game? Young Buck? One dude says 50 is an actor, the next man says he's not.

Not everyone is even trying to be a "gangster" with their music. Kendrick is an actor? Chuck D today is still talking about the **** he did 30 years ago. Rakim, same. Kanye? The Roots?

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I tend to gravitate towards music with integrity and subconsiously, or even intentionally, ignore these buffoons out here. **** all that "but it's good music". Mad times the **** ain't THAT good and I can find something better.

But for every example you can try to provide, I can do the same. I'm not denying there aren't guys that stretch it.

But I'm not prepared to just call every rapper an "actor" because VERY few of them are really taking it that far. And I'm not about to say "half the stuff has been made up". What scientific equation did you use to come up with that number?
I didn't do any math, but I've noticed that for every real song in hip-hop there's been something made up (i.e. "Paid In Full" vs. "I Got It Made"). Once I saw at 8 years old that Special Ed was making up the majority of the lines in that song, I learned to take certain rappers with a grain of salt. Point is, there's fiction and fact in the genre, so I focus on the artsitry instead of the authenticity.

Yeah, Nas never said "I sold boatloads of coke" but he took on the persona of "Escobar". Even if he didn't do that, he had enough lines and songs about murder, that you had to assume most if not all of it was fiction. The line "Feds force me, 2 mil to get the system off me", c'mon dawg, that's just ridiculous.

For every good documentary, there's a good movie. I listen to Ross like I listen to "It Was Written". Beats, rhymes, and good stories. Not really trying to fact check dudes.  

Damn, I did forget about Jay shooting his brother, yeah that's so gangster. Can't wait for an OJ Simpson album to come out because it will be so "authentic".

Sorry, but there are public records that can account for some of what these dudes did before rap.

Is Common not living what he raps? Is Drake not? is Cudi not? Is Big Sean not? Lupe (even though his label was built on drug money...). These dudes not even talking tough. Do they have moments when they try to flex? Sure. What dude don't?

That argument is tired. There are less actors out here than some of y'all seem to believe.

50? Really. Son....if you got shot the **** up once, you would probably have security and bullet proof cars.

And even the dudes that don't like 50 (Smurf etc.) will tell you he was no joke.

That's why, assuming this is real, I can't even clown Ross for having security at this point. And I don't even like Ross.

What I CAN clown him for is letting his imagery and mouth get the best of him and putting him in this position.

I can't even understand dudes that defend, condone and support this dude and his *******......
The majority of artists exagerate and fabricate a lot of their rhymes.  You are right, there are some artists that do live what they rap but they are definitely in the minority.  Anyone that takes what these dudes say as fact is dillusional.  It's an art form and some are really good at story telling.  Drake is a terrible example to use unless he's low-key pushing weight and killing people on the side, lol.

I brought 50 up because nobody says anything about the fact that he has security with him (which he should) but claims of Ross doing it and all of a sudden he's soft and he can't back up what he raps.  I think it's well known that 50 was in the streets way back in the day but why the double standard?

Ya'll dudes goin all off topic the whole point is WILLIAM let his mouth get him in trouble...Its like the dude in school that ran his mouth before a fight & when the fight popped off he ran or got his *** whipped...Just like Dipset Gen said where all the dudes in ZOE Pound that ya'll NTers love to bring up?? Where all the real G'z at that ya'll claim ROSS run with?? If he wouldn't have done that radio interview addressing the GD threats maybe I would feel bad for him but the way he ran his mouth in that interview he was asking for trouble... This situation Clearly shows rappers hold zero weight in the streets...The worst part bout it this happen in his backyard!!..ROSS can S/O all these real G'Z all he wants them dudes don't **** with him like that cause thet would be ridin for him..

90% of rap is fiction believe or dont plain n simpe. All your favorite rappers were not running with these bloods/crips/gd etc before the money. These ****** basically pay to play. U can shout suwoop and have bloods in your video but 11 mths out the year they feeding these dudes. Buying them jewelry, cars, clothes etc.

It's truly a testament to how sad things are in our society. I truly cherish the era I grew up in.

You see a woman and have no idea if her hair, ****, ***, nose etc. are real.

So lets use this parallel for music. Did chicks always wear makeup? Sure. Was there always some illusion? Yes. But completely altered body parts. Nah, we ain't about that.

A lot of them feel like **** anyway. Nothing is better than the real thing at it's best.....right?

You got cats out here just assuming that rappers are all frauds.

And the sad thing is, rap is the ONLY genre of music where we have this discussion. Not pop. Not R+B. Not "EDM".

We don't look at Trey Songz and his music as fiction. Do neighbors really know his name? Who knows. But you get the idea, you get the sentiment. And you don't look at it or him as fraudulent.

**** is disgusting how horribly things have gone with a genre of music that was so culturally important at one point.

And so many of y'all are willing to accept it and ride with it. Which doesn't say much about the consumer either.

All good though. All this clown **** going down just makes those of us not about that stand out that much more.

Last edited:
Dawg tell me something i don't already know I ain't under 25 son & it ain't 90% its like 95% but this don't have nothing to do with WILLIAM running his big fat mouth & him getting checked for it..

Back
Top Bottom