**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

"Humble yourself, you're not a G, keep it one with yourself." Oh the irony Ricky........

I ***** with it

Luther "Luke" Campbell Warns Rick Ross To "Squash Beefs" Or "Go Out Like Tupac"
February 06, 2013 | Andres Vasquez

There have been times when Luther "Luke" Campbell has gone by Uncle Luke. Now, the man behind the 2 Live Crew is taking that uncle approach to provide some advice for Rick Ross. In a recent Miami New Times blog post about Ross, Luke wrote that the MMG star needs to calm down before he gets killed.

In his post, Luke decided to write a letter to Ross, explaining why he needs to pump the brakes.

"As someone who survived several Rap beefs, I'm going to give you some advice," the letter begins. "All this gangster ******** is jeopardizing your career. No club or arena is going to risk people getting shot. You can forget about doing any tours or CD signings. And if you can't make money, watch how fast Warner Bros. Records turns on you. I know from experience how venues and the music industry would like to black ball you."

Luke continued writing, explaining that Ross' enemies are causing him to have extra security or perhaps even his own arms.

"It's a shame you can't enjoy life without spending part of your earnings on heavy security or risking your freedom by purchasing an arsenal. Remember, that's what landed T.I. and Lil Wayne in prison. You don't want that to happen to you. However, those are the consequences of rapping about being something you're not."

According to Luke's letter, he's concerned for Ross' life.

"Every gangster rapper takes on the role of a real hood legend to build up street cred. But I don't want you to fall into the trap of believing you are really a gangster. Trust me, you don't want to go out like Biggie Smalls or Tupac. It's time you squash your beefs."

Rick Ross has received several death threats in the past. Police have been investigating these threats for some time. His safety has also been jeopardized. Recently, Ross crashed his Rolls Royce vehicle while escaping a shooting attack.

honestly luke should chill.

none of us know ross like that. we don't know what he's done or how he is.

he keeps up his rap persona pretty well, and he should. its how he eats. everyone else does it. its interesting that ppl continue to call him fake or take shots, direct or indirect (like that letter). that same letter could be written for 99% of rappers.

even rappers with records typically have them blown up and out of proportion to use to get buzz. but ppl single out ross.

most (really. all) of these rappers selling us a fictional story.

^^^

YOU....Location: Queens....are telling Luke he should "chill"?

Do you know that Luke is a made man in Miami? YOU may not know Ross like that. Maybe Luke knows Ross better than you think.

Here we go again with the percentages. Who knew so many cats on NT were mathematicians?

The way you guys talk about records tells me everything I need to know about y'all. You're stuck on these "gangster" rappers if you're talking all this "fiction" ********.

Mos Def? Kweli? Plenty of dudes are NOT 99% fiction. If you choose to listen to fictional BS, by all means, enjoy.

he keeps up his rap persona pretty well, and he should. its how he eats. everyone else does it. its interesting that ppl continue to call him fake or take shots, direct or indirect (like that letter). that same letter could be written for 99% of rappers.

even rappers with records typically have them blown up and out of proportion to use to get buzz. but ppl single out ross.

Are serious with this foolishness dude?? :smh: Of course every rapper lies but they ain't getting their cars shot up, Threatened by gangs, & name dropping real drug lords on records..You Ross Stan don't get it LUKE wasn't taking no shot at ROSS the man was just kicking real **** from OG perspective like homie said LUKE is certified in MIAMI & knows ROSS background if you don't think so you should be on the short bus..

Can't believe dude said "Luke should chill".....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.  Just goes to show you the mentality of alot of these dudes out here that aren't ready to receive good game when someone older or a veteran in the game is trying to give them some insight and knowledge.  Too many people are and unfortunately want to be stuck on stupid. 

I listened to three Rick Ross Albums today. I don't want dude to die I really like his music. He should just pay them.

I understand why Ross is not forking over the cash. It becomes a slippery slope after that. It's basically giving your lunch money to the school bully. You do it once, and you're pretty much done for.

I don't understand why Luke had to publish his sentiments. The message could have gotten across without using the media. But Luke is a slimy dude, and been screwing over dudes for 20+ years. Why you think 2Live Crew broke up, and he also had Trick and JT Money in his camp as well, before they smartened up and bounced. Dude is bogus. He's well respected for putting the MIA on the map, but not as stand up dude.

Having said that, I hope Ross drops one more album, and then just focuses on maintaining the label after that. He got a nice movement going, he can eat more off of other dudes than himself anyway.

Talking all that ra ra and your **** gets sprayed up in Lauderdale basically on your own turf. You can't do nothing but laugh at this cat man, I'm expecting an academy award type performance to come from him next.

Its pretty obvious ross never was in the streets like that. I thought everyone was already past that point. Ross is a fraud and its as clear as day. If there was any crediabilty to his street career than this **** probably wouldnt  be happening the way it is and it wouldnt constantly be a topic of discussion.

This dude....it's literally impossible to respect this character. I guess this is how "bawses" do....

This week, Rick Ross shook the industry up when he openly spoke about drugging a girl by putting a pill in her drink, taking her home and having sex with her without her knowing. On his verse for Rocko’s “O.E.U.N.O,” had the Miami superstar spitting lines like

“Put molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it / I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.”

But it's "just entertainment" right? That's not dangerous at all right?

I hope y'all entertained.....

I can't wait to see what lame dude comes in defending him now.

Last edited:
is this drive by shooting i'm hearing about the old shooting or is this another one (new)? if so this dude might want to lay low. getting rolled up on like that n blasted on is no joke

This dude....it's literally impossible to respect this character. I guess this is how "bawses" do....

This week, Rick Ross shook the industry up when he openly spoke about drugging a girl by putting a pill in her drink, taking her home and having sex with her without her knowing. On his verse for Rocko’s “O.E.U.N.O,” had the Miami superstar spitting lines like

“Put molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it / I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.”

But it's "just entertainment" right? That's not dangerous at all right?

I hope y'all entertained.....

I can't wait to see what lame dude comes in defending him now.

people have said worse.. eminem etc.. rappers talking about killing whole families.. hogtying mothers etc

These "new ******" man. :lol:

Luke out here spittin some real life advice trying to keep the fat man alive and cats saying he should "chill."
lol @ new *****. ***** please. i been on this site since 05 and lurked before then. on top of that i'm in my late 20's.

i just don't buy the ******** these rappers talk about on their records. none of it is believable. so no, i don't get disappointed to the point where i need to create threads about it and remind everyone in every other post about ross on forums that he's a "fraud."

to the person listing mos def and talib and all that, cool. but we're talking about mainstream. most mainstream is on some ********. everybody has 50 ******* that pop molly, everyone is living a movie, everyone pushed a ghost, caught a body and moved weight.

:rolleyes

leave it to them and they were all kingpins when at best they did hand to hand transactions. but you ****** overlook all that ******** and go at ross any chance you get because of what? his backstory was outted and he wasn't who he said he was? :rolleyes

what rapper is?

this **** is ENTERTAINMENT. **** reminds me of when young kids find out that wrestling is fake.

when ****** was telling luke to chill back in the day, he had problems with that. now this old ***** writing blog entries about **** that doesn't pertain to him. yes he should "just chill" and let that "fat *****" eat. luke had his controversial career. its over. let ross do ross. if ross' mouth gets him into trouble then it is what it is.

lastly, i say this as a person that isn't really that into ross' music like that. so get out of here with those assumptions.

you ****** sound young and hurt. let it go. ross was a C.O. now he's not. *shrugs*
p was in ballet. now he's not. that stopping anybody from copping the next p tape if its produced by alchemist? nope.

Last edited:
These "new ******" man.
laugh.gif

Luke out here spittin some real life advice trying to keep the fat man alive and cats saying he should "chill."
lol @ new *****. ***** please. i been on this site since 05 and lurked before then. on top of that i'm in my late 20's.

By "new ******", meaning that YOU are new to the game champ.........new to the game, and your statements and lack of insight clearly illustrate it. 

Back
Top Bottom