**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

LMAO at ANY OF US hyping up ross beyond belief . 

im suppose to be the biggest "d-rider" and i ve stated on MULTIPLE

occasion's that he's been dropping struggle singles left and right

i couldnt even get through either of mmg cd's , i just enjoy this man's music

when he's on his A game because he's a special type of artist. 

nobody's hyping up ross in this thread , but if u start typing in 

user screen names in that search button im sure we all know

who's posted the most in this thread

dipset general has literally bumped this thread with 99% of all new rick ross material spanning

over 2 years , how you manage to find yourself in this forum  let alone post more times than him in an appreciation thread

of someone you don't listen to say's more about you than anything else you can do in this forum

Last edited:
http://allhiphop.com/2012/08/13/exc...wo-crack-laws-obama-and-the-jeezy-connection/

Big Meech on Rick Ross....

AllHipHop.com: What do you think of Rick Ross making the song “B.M.F.”?

Big Meech: Actually, I appreciate all of the music that Rick Ross and MMG has put out period. But in 2010, when I first heard my name repeatedly in the “B.M.F.” song, I was like, “Damn, that’s hot.” And it’s a hit. To this day, he has people from all over the world saying, “I think I’m Big Meech,” which is a priceless way of recognizing and paying homage to me and the B.M.F. family. We all have 100% love for Ross and MMG. I think he is a helluva artist and mogul.

AllHipHop.com: Does it bother you that he was once a corrections officer?

Big Meech: (LMAO). I think this question is old and irrelevant, because I have friends and family that are C.O.’s. I’ve ran across some good men and women C.O.’s. I think that Ross is a great example of being a dreamer and dreams coming true, just from what I know about him being with Suave House and writing rhymes and rapping and for all the years he stuck with it. And now he has built a brand and an empire. So the answer is no, it doesn’t bother me that he was a C.O. It would only bother me if he was a “rat.”

AllHipHop.com: Or that he is in a fight with “Freeway Ricky Ross” for the use of his name?

Big Meech: I know “Freeway” but I’ve never spoken to him about his name, but in my opinion, if I felt that we had to get an understanding about the use of my name, then we would arrange a meeting at everyone’s convenience in a comfortable environment not a courtroom. I personally don’t see anything wrong with him using the name. I think he made the Rick Ross name popular and positive; it would be great and more beneficial if they did some charity events together instead of some senseless feud.

Like I said .. That ***** needs help ..

Son Loves him some Rick Ross ..

******g Weirdo

dipset general has literally bumped this thread with 99% of all new rick ross material spanning

over 2 years , how you manage to find yourself let along post more times than him in an appreciation thread

of someone you don't listen to say's more about you than anything else you can do in this forum
oh ****

Last edited:
That Amsterdam video is so smooth.

The girl had a nice rack too.

Ross really knows imagery and marketing. He needs to be managing artists long after his rap days.

yo Amsterdam video is crazy , crazy to think dre films was just some dude with a canon 5d doing videos for local artist 2 years ago

“This was my best friend, who I ate peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches with, and pork and beans with, my buddy, my partner, my number-one dude. Suddenly I’m talking to him over federal phone calls. Hearing the way it was building, I knew I couldn’t take nothing for granted,” says Ross. “My homey’s father was a huge influence on my life, too . . . He was the one who was like, ‘Yo, go get a job somewhere, man. Go be a fireman. Or go be a f___g corrections officer. Just go sit down somewhere.”

Rozay also spoke about the recent theater shooting in Colorado and said that it was “such a cowardly act” – so does this mean he’s in favor of gun control? Check out what he said below:

“I think we all have a right to bear arms, whichever amendment that is.” Even assault rifles? He shrugs. “I got ‘em.”

Ross seems to be in favor of free speech of all kinds, and even defended Chik-fil-A’s recent stands against gay people:

“Chick-fil-A obviously took their stand. That’s their right – the same way the pro-gay people are taking their stand. I believe everybody got the right to live their own life the way they want to.” So does that mean he’d support a Chick-fil-A boycott?:

“Naw. I love that spicy chicken.”

:smh: @ the cover

I really dig his current album solid 4/5 IMO. Would have been even better if you take the filler off and add the best of Rich Forever on it. But oh well.

Hopefully that YOLO project with him and Drake comes to light. They dropped heat together over the past couple of years...

The Real Rick Ross had something to say about that Rolling Stone piece...

Freeway Ricky Ross: The Response To Rick Ross’ Interview With Rolling Stone
by Freeway Ricky Ross August 16th, 2012 @ 3:20am

Not everyone is celebrating the success of rapper Rick Ross and is this album God Forgives, I Don’t.
Freeway Ricky Ross has an ongoing legal dispute with rapper Rick Ross, over the usage of his birth name, and Freeway Rick claims is the illegal usage of his image.

Rapper Rick Ross landed a high-profile cover of Rolling Stone this week, just as his album God Forgives, I Don’t hit #1 on the Billboard pop charts.
Freeway Ricky Ross issued a detailed response to AllHipHop.com in response to the Rolling Stone interview:

The answers by Rozay to being a correctional officer in this Rolling Stone article were BS, this is scripted to make it look like he had some struggle. No one tells you to go be a correctional officer before all the other jobs that build our community such as a Carpenter, Mechanic or Preacher.
They especially wont say it when their son just got convicted for a long sentence behind unfair drug laws. They tell you get a job , and don’t do crime. They don’t say “William my son is in jail for 20 years for a nonviolent offense, save yourself and go become his guard be a correctional officer.” William never sold drugs, so the whole idea he had to wash his hands is never cleared up. Why would you wash your hands for somebody else selling drugs, that you happened to know. Rozay needs to read Michelle Alexander’s book New Jim Crow to understand why that’s the case, and his real place in the crack epidemic. He also never tells us a name for this created friend. This is a disrespect to everyone who actually lived the game, people are serving 20 years all because they had to for survival and this guy is using my life and name this way.

Also there’s no record of him playing football at Carol City according to school staff, and he keeps talking about being popular from that as well with Rolling Stone so how can we believe anything in the interview?

News update: We are sending out deposition request early next week for Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs, Lyor Cohen Vice Chairman and Chairman and CEO of Warner and Todd Moscowitz, CEO Warner Brothers Records.

“The companies cannot wait to develop artist so they try to Fast Forward their talent,” Lyor Cohen said in an interview.
We believe this “fast forward” approach is what happened in the case with my name and William “Rozay” Roberts. There was an understanding of the value of my name, because of multiple millions being pushed globally, by all major news outlets to cover the Iran Contra and Crack epidemic and my involvement as Rick Ross. These music executives recognized it and set up to steal that value, because I had a life sentence and refused to include me in the process. I believe our kids need to see more than the glamor of my life, they need to see the cost too.
This is different from the case of Jay-Z/Jaz-O or 50 Cent/50 Cent for two fundamental reasons.

First – This is my birth name, it is not a nick name. As a result, what Rozay UMG/Warner did was when Rozay came out, they created confusion to the point that people thought I was a rapper giving automatic authenticity to William’s presentation of my life. That is not what happened with 50 cent or Jaz-O. These were understood as nicknames and no one actually thought Curtis was 50 Cent the robber, or Jay-Z was Jaz-O. People thought William was actually me, and his first single only solidified that was his intent by talking about all the pieces in the “Dark Alliance.” Manuel Noriega is a major player in the Iran-Contra Scandal. It’s undisputed, when Rozay said “I know Pablo, Noriega, the real Noriega. He owe me a hundred favors.” That is a direct correlation to my life. In an era where people will search your background, they looked and searched and thought he had lived my life and he gained support. I am 100% confident that if he had started off as a rapper and named himself William Roberts, and rapped about being a correctional officer, he would have never been successful.

Second: My name, unlike many others, is global. It was not just recognized on a normal neighborhood level. For the good and bad of it, I am one of the largest to have been in the drug business. When you look up Drug lord on Wikipedia it goes Manuel Noriega, Pablo Escobar then me Rick Ross. This scale of brand is entirely different than other examples, where the artist such as Sean Carter or Curtis Jackson had to create global consumer recognition. The name Rick Ross already had global recognition, unlike the prior examples. When I got out I met with the top execs in Hollywood within a week of leaving prison because of my story and my life.

I did not need Roberts, UMG or Warner to use my name to get recognized, but he needed my name to be successful to authenticate him telling my story. My story is one of the most powerful stories of the modern black era, and needs to be told not just from the glamorous side, but also the side that deals with with the cost of being the real deal dope man. It’s really hard for someone who never lived it to tell you those cost. You learn them when you lose a close friend to the game, or when you’re in a cell for 20 plus-hours, with a life sentence.

Dude even lied about playing football :smh:

Last edited:
William Roberts is counting millions with a bodacious lightskin goddess on top of him right now while Freeway still beating a dead horse

We know he was a CO

We know he didn't move millions in coke

Stop going out of your way to hate this man, you're a former drug dealer talking about morals

Sell your movie rights and get you some paper or some yambs you old crusty *** broke ***** damn

William Roberts is counting millions with a bodacious lightskin goddess on top of him right now while Freeway still beating a dead horse​

We know he was a CO​

We know he didn't move millions in coke​

Stop going out of your way to hate this man, you're a former drug dealer talking about morals​

Sell your movie rights and get you some paper or some yambs you old crusty *** broke ***** damn​

You sounding like a cheerleader right now.

How on EARTH can anyone have any shade to throw at Rick Ross for his stand on William Roberts?

You can call him all types of "crusty" and "broke", whatever...but you can't say he's not right about everything he's saying.

William Roberts is counting millions with a bodacious lightskin goddess on top of him right now while Freeway still beating a dead horse​

We know he was a CO​

We know he didn't move millions in coke​

Stop going out of your way to hate this man, you're a former drug dealer talking about morals​

Sell your movie rights and get you some paper or some yambs you old crusty *** broke ***** damn​

This is why I continue to enter into this thread. You Rick Ross Radicals are something else, and in a bad way. How can anybody side with the C.O. after what the real Rick Ross just said.

Back
Top Bottom