**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

His best album, hands down..

That's in my humble opinion, of course.

Every track can get played and not one would be skipped.

Almost classic material, dare I say..

i didn't hear the album yet, but this man is a beast.. haters gon hate :smh: .. now let me finish rolling up as this downloads :smokin

btw diced pineapples :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin - Drake is number 1 always.. hit after hit, it just dont stop. #YMCMB

:lol: I'm truly convinced now that every trap beat is the same after listening to this album.
who's the chick saying maybach music?

Jessica Gomes

jessica-gomes-71.jpg

What are we defining as lyrical?

Cause I don't see what's so much more lyrical about Meek Mill than Ross.

Last edited:
I still can't believe dudes are saying Rozay cant rap.
If Rozay cant rap, who can?
Lemme Guess Nas.

Because to these folks, lyrical = similes. He's great with internal rhymes, alliteration, metaphors and imagery. Even better flow and voice. He coexists with the beat, instead of trying to overpower it or outrap it.

"He needs more double entendres b." (c) Ross detractors

Ross can rap.

I still can't believe dudes are saying Rozay cant rap.
If Rozay cant rap, who can?
Lemme Guess Nas.
Because to these folks, lyrical = similes. He's great with internal rhymes, alliteration, metaphors and imagery. Even better flow and voice. He coexists with the beat, instead of trying to overpower it or outrap it.

"He needs more double entendres b." (c) Ross detractors

Ross can rap.
...fascinated with foreign felines...

if all of those songs on Rich Forever weren't released and saved for this album it would been even better, album is good but it feels like Rich Forever had stronger tracks like MMG Untouchable, Triple Beam Dreams, Stay Schemin, Rich Forever, Holy Ghost, Keys To The City, & Mine Games. that Kelly Rowland track would of killed radio.

Its a good album hands down

features was nice

But Deeper Than Rap is still his best album by far

No lie...vibin out to that Amsterdam joint last night and that **** was so smooth I was nodding off...

Listened to the album straight throught and I wasn't really impressed but I need to listen to an album at least Twice before I truly judge him.
His discography is ranked like this as of now
DTR
POM
TD
GFID
Trilla

F That Kanye Should def be on sixteen No doubt about it smh..

With that said i had low expectations for this album but he switched his style thankfully. I def see this album growing on me over the next couple of weeks

umm..everybody on his label has better bars except Gunplay.
I like the album and all, but y'all needa to stop frontin like Ross really be bringing it lyrically like that.

That may be true, but Rick Ross is a lot more convincing rapping his fantasy mob scenes than Meek Mill, Wale, and maybe even Stalley are at rapping about....whatever they rap about. It's one of those things where it's not what you say, it's how you say it, and to me, the 3 of them (with more emphasis on Wale & Meek Mill than Stalley) don't really do a good job of getting their point across on a record. Not to say that they haven't had good/standout verses or anything, but a lot of their stuff just sounds forced as hell, like they would rather be doing something else.

***EDIT: I really just can't past Meek Mill's yelling on every track. It's like he records all his songs in the crowd at Heinz Field.

Last edited:
Idk about that Tony Story by Meek, & Middle of the summer showcase just how well he can get his point across. IMO meek isnt on that hood philly ish enough. When he's on that he sounds hungry and at his best, its that money talk he does that makes it repetitive

So much imagery conveyed in "Triple Beam Dreams" and the minor tweaks in the beat make it that much better.

Its a good album, nothing special though. I, for one, am glad he didnt completely drown us in Lex Luger-esque beats. He had more of that smooth &%$# so that was a plus. Although, like someone said earlier, a lot of the smooth stuff does sound similar.

I am getting appalled at people attributing every trap beat to Lex Luger. He did NOT create that sound for people to refer to trap beats as his signature sound or something...

I am getting appalled at people attributing every trap beat to Lex Luger. He did NOT create that sound for people to refer to trap beats as his signature sound or something...

He didn't create it (I wanna say Shawty Redd and/or Zaytoven did), but Lex Luger is the one who had way too many rappers exhaust his beats.

Back
Top Bottom