**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

GFID is okay.
i'm not old.
i don't care about AZ or Nas or Big L and what not
i just don't really like the album. all the trap songs...i don't like em.
his smooth stuff sounds the same to me as well. it's whatever.
I liked Sixteen, 3 Kings, and I Love My *******(i know it's not even on there) most

Rick Ross is the Trent Dilfer of rap music.  He's a C+ rapper who depends on his strengths (production, features) to carry him.  All he does is manage to not screw it up, which is kind of a gift when you think about how many rappers screw up good production.

100% Truth. This is the one statement that should be followed or noted when concerning Rick Ross.

Rick Ross is the Trent Dilfer of rap music.  He's a C+ rapper who depends on his strengths (production, features) to carry him.  All he does is manage to not screw it up, which is kind of a gift when you think about how many rappers screw up good production.
LOL. This is accurate tho.

This thread is always comedy. Dudes that dont even like Ross stay in here.:lol:

Anybody know what movie the Intro is from??

Last edited:
Album is nice. Better than expected. Them two trap beats really don't belong though :lol:

I find it funny how dudes who have a clear disliking for Ross even bothered listening to this.

If i disliked someones music or persona i wouldn't waste time and irritate myself by listening to their latest project.

IMO it would have been classic if he replaced 2 of the subpar tracks with Stay Schemin and I Love My Britches

Ice Cold = doo doo (I understand you doing your best to make Omarion seem legitimate but Cmon Rozay)

Not even mad at Touch'N You, he gotta do what he gotta do, although he shoulda chose Lemme See as the track he took out of the Usher session he apparently did

Was hoping for a Ye collabo but meh whatever

I think he's trolling w/ those Lex Luger type tracks, on Teflon Don, BMF and MC Hammer followed each other on the tracklist and sound almost exactly alike except someone switched the VSTs, and on this album, Hold Me Back and 911 follow each other and again it just sounded like the producers copied and pasted the chords and changed VSTs

Like I said, I really would have liked Stay Schemin and I Love My ******* to make it because in a few years, that would have made for a solid listen

Meh, I'll just add them to my version of the album

8/10 album, but I really hope we never hear another Lex Luger/Southside/G5 type beat on a Ross song again. So far it's the autotune/G-Funk/Snap type sound of the 2010's decade in terms of a popular sound that got played out quick

I think Ross takes risks in that he chooses to go with a mafioso sound, or a smooth sound, when he could easily do 15 BMF's, Hold Me Back, etc. but chooses to go in with JUSTICE League and does things like putting LA Reid on a track, doing small things like that, he has the best vision in rap right now, look at what he did for Wale (who before Maybach seemingly was destined to be a number two/backseat type of dude) and Meek (I ain't hear of him before Ross), and now Stalley and hopefully Gunplay (I swear son been around since like 08).

He just knows what pieces to put together.

And for anyone doubting his production choices, when's the last time you heard a boring Ross beat? Obviously he's had some duds with the repetitive trap sound, but who did stuff like Aston Martin Music and MM2 before Ross?

Trying to give the album a listen but I find myself not getting past 3000's verse. Dude Snapped reminded me of that aquemini 3000 :smokin

Album is nice. Better than expected. Them two trap beats really don't belong though :lol:
I find it funny how dudes who have a clear disliking for Ross even bothered listening to this.
If i disliked someones music or persona i wouldn't waste time and irritate myself by listening to their latest project.

I can see that, but it's to give fair judgment regardless whether you like the artist or not. I clearly dislike Wayne, but I'll listen to his garbage so I can make a fair assessment of his garbage, so I won't sound like a hater listening to his garbage.

Last edited:
I can see that, but it's to give fair judgment regardless whether you like the artist or not. I clearly dislike Wayne, but I'll listen to his garbage so I can make a fair assessment of his garbage, so I won't sound like a hater listening to his garbage.

Having an opinion on Ross is one thing, but these same disgruntled dudes are in every Ross thread calling him a fraud or just extra salty that people like his music.

Am I the Only one that Would like to see Rick Ross and Jodeci do a track together lol

Maaaaane I honestly thing if Rozay and Drake dropped a Mixtape/Album it would be Unreal, Free Sprit is one of my fav songs from Last Yr.

Oh and I want to see The Dream and Rozay do another track together, Can you Imagine if Rozay of Today was on Fancy??!?!? OMG!!!!!!!

you can tell ross commands respect in the industry , nas/jay/3k coulda just handed in any old verse and it would have garnered

shock value , but all 3 dudes knew they had to come with it. ross always gets a dope verse from his featurings.

Man, this dude Ross makes too much good music to be dropping 7.5/10 albums.

Albert Anastasia, Ashes To Ashes, and Rich Forever took away from what could have been some epic records. I know you got to create a buzz, but with the whole MMG imprint, ****'s know you, dawg. Let the mixtapes be for the songs that just didn't make the cut, and make the LP's as good as possible.

Rawse ain't the only one, but he seems to be one of the worst offenders.

Well you a "true Jeezy" fan so you biased. I rock with music in general. No allegiance. And The Recession ain't no damn classic album. You standards for music are rather low if the Recession is a classic album. You dudes kill me how ya'll feel ya'll have to take sides like there's a law against liking both artists.
And you are a liar in regards to Rawse having shown on growth. That's the one thing you can't take away from him. You can say he's wack, you can say he's fake but you can't take away his growth. I want you to do something for me. Go and listen to Port of Miami right now and check how outdated and uninspiring Rawse flow is on that album. And if you want to hear "real stories" then hip hop not for you because most of these stories are fabricated. If you want real stories go watch Discovery Channel or PBS. This is entertainment first.
And let's don't talk about the feature excuse because Nas, Dre 3000, Jay, Drake were all on Jeezy's last album and didn't put nearly the same amount of work that they did on Rawse album. Funny how that works.
I F with Jeezy. I F with his last album. But if we are going to continue to compare these cats and we are going to judge them by their last albums? Rawse got him. I feel like Jeezy could've put some work in with Rawse same production but he didn't and doesn't have the same ear for production that Rawse has.
"Hood classic"? Fair enough. You can't call a album "classic" when you are lyrically inept. Thug Motivation 101 is a great album. But like I said, just because its great doesn't mean its "classic". Great album and probably one of my favorites of the 00's.

You need a hug? You must be offened if your calling me a "liar" because I dont think your boy "RAWSE" as u call him has grown. It's funny how no one wants to admit Diddy saved Ross career. Ross had a nice buzz but Diddy threw him a life jacket to help him swim. Where has Ross grown lyrically? His lyrics on POM are no different from the same lyrics he's putting out now on GFID expect his production is better. I'm not talking about popularity im talking about lyrics and as an artist.

You my friend need to listen to the Recession again. If you wanted to know about anything going on in the world from a "hood" standpoint Jeezy brought it all together on the Recession. The Recession was complete from top to bottom. The album had a theme and he stuck to the script. Nas and Drake were not on TM103 so I don't know where that came from when u said "last album". What work did Jay or 3000 put in on GFID? JAY FREESTYLED HIS VERSE on 3 kingz, I don't think that was hard for him to do.

How doesn't Jeezy have an ear for production? Because he doesn't go out and get all the top producers to put his album together?

So nobody in hip hop is telling a "real story?" C'mon son knock it off :smh:
Ross grew lyrically??? :lol:, I mean yea i bump ross music a lot but lyrically he isn't saying much

100% Truth. This is the one statement that should be followed or noted when concerning Rick Ross.
I gotta agree with this one

So nobody in hip hop is telling a "real story?" C'mon son knock it off
mean.gif
Dude said most of the stories are fabricated, not all. Yeah you got cats like Beans, Fat Joe, Styles P, Maino, C-Murder, 50 (?).

But a lot of the mainstream rappers thoughout history have said things that were false.

Nas -  The whole Esco persona, "I wet who you want wetted", "3 Mil to get the system off me", "Uzi on the Island"

Jay - :"I empty 3, take your treasure", "Numerous shots with the fo-fo" - Okay man, you're just making stuff up now

Pac - Too many quotables, dude was a rebel and a hothead that got in trouble but never really put in criminal work. He even admitted he wasn't a killer, but then on the next song....

B.I.G. - C'mon dude was talking about shooting cats up on every other song. Red dots, infared beams, blah, blah

Mobb Deep, The whole NWA family, Jadakiss, I could keep going. Point is it's entertainment. I ain't really trying to fact check on any of these dudes.

front all you want.

but this album is incredible..tempted to say its his best body of work.

immaculate production, stellar lyricism, excellent features.

with all the wild talk and Christopher Wallace comparisons, Ross has put himself in a position of extreme scrutiny.

fortunately for him, he's delivered..applause to you Rick Ross.

and that Mayback Music IV? that joint makes me want to find the smoothest caramel-skinned female i can, show her the world, dead her, and repeat the process with a prettier broad just because...my God. How do these productions not destroy this dude's budget?

Last edited:
front all you want.
and that Mayback Music IV? that joint makes me want to find the smoothest caramel-skinned female i can, show her the world, dead her, and repeat the process with a prettier broad just because...my God.

DEAD djnsvksvdeds :rofl: :rofl:

if he woulda held on to triple beam dreams and rich forever and made stay scheming the single with 911 as the street follow up single....with gunplay on the hook

yes i said 911 with gunplay on the hook!.....
sick.gif

1. Rich Forever

2. Pirates

3. Triple Beam Dreams

4. Maybach Music 4

5. Sixteen

6. Diced Pineapples

7. Ashamed

8. Stay Schemin

9. 911

10. 3 Kings

11 Amsterdam