**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Im surprised SOOOO many people just a week ago was saying how he fell off and he was growing stale :smh:
NT be flip flopping a lil toooo much sometimes. Or one person will feel a certain way and then everyone else will jump on the bandwagon. Glad to see people like the album though. I will be purchasing this album like i have all his others hope u guys support and do the same

Im surprised SOOOO many people just a week ago was saying how he fell off and he was growing stale :smh:
NT be flip flopping a lil toooo much sometimes. Or one person will feel a certain way and then everyone else will jump on the bandwagon. Glad to see people like the album though. I will be purchasing this album like i have all his others hope u guys support and do the same

Because honestly....he was. Dude was making the same song over and over..n his singles (Touch'n You, So Sophisticated) were weak.

Personally I enjoy the album alot, glad the fat man came thru with some good music. But I'm not going to front like his music wasn't getting extremely repetitive before this album.

The album went downhill after "Amsterdam." I don't know what to call it, but he has to get rid of the sound that he uses on "Hold Me Back" and "911." **** is basically the same beat. Overused. Early on I was getting at Deepr Than Rap vibe, but it tailed off at track 8. "Presidential" and "Diced Pineapples" were cool.

For me: DTR>Teflon Don>GFID>Trilla>POM

Even though Teflon Don was a bit formulaic, it's slight better than this album IMO

Last edited:
Yea some of these cats talking about "average"? That ish tell me he did his thing. Dudes bitter. They gonna stay bitter. They want to re-live Nas in his prime. They want to re-live AZ and MF Doom in their prime. You can't satisfy those cats.
And how cats talking about Jeezy got a classic? Thug Motivation 101? What the hell is the criteria of a classic to some of you cats? Just because the album is hot don't make it a classic.

It's pretty much considered a "hood classic", which I can pretty much agree with. Came out at the right time, and ignited the whole trap sound (for better or worse) when nobody else was doing it.

Loved the album. Like everyone else has said, the production is unreal. However, my man Rawse keeps slipping with song selections and for the third straight album I had to make my own version. Below is the track list.

1. Pirates

2. Triple Beam Dreams

3. Three Kings

4. Maybach Music IV

5. Sixteen

6. Ashamed

7. Diced Pineapples

8. So Sophisticated

9. Presidential

10. Amsterdam

11. Ten Jesus Pieces

12. Rich Forever

I'm riding out to this for the rest of the summer.

Gave the album a few honest listens, there's nothing on here that really moves me. I'm not a big Ross fan but good music is good music and
I just didn't grasp it here. There were songs on teflon don that grabbed me from first listen, didn't happen on GFID. Overall it's a solid album but I guess
I'm just not into dudes sound.

It's pretty much considered a "hood classic", which I can pretty much agree with. Came out at the right time, and ignited the whole trap sound (for better or worse) when nobody else was doing it.

Yea some of these cats talking about "average"? That ish tell me he did his thing. Dudes bitter. They gonna stay bitter. They want to re-live Nas in his prime. They want to re-live AZ and MF Doom in their prime. You can't satisfy those cats.
And how cats talking about Jeezy got a classic? Thug Motivation 101? What the hell is the criteria of a classic to some of you cats? Just because the album is hot don't make it a classic.

Ummmm any true Jeezy fan knows he has 2 classics under his belt, TM101 and The Recession. The difference between Jeezy and Ross is that Jeezy has a story to tell and his music is consistant he's not all over the place, just listen to "Trap" feat Jill Scott on TM103. Jeezy has grown lyrically throughout his career from TM101-103, whereas Ross has been pretty much same flow and lyrics from POM to GFID. I'm not hating on Ross, I'm just looking for more out of him as an artist. Tell some REAL stories, we don't need to hear these fictional Kingpin drug stories on every track. I wish he could put out tracks like Tears of Joy consistantly. Also, Ross only puts out decent albums because of the amount of top notch features he stacks up on them. With his flow, can we honestly say we would listen to an album of just Ross and maybe only 3 tracks with features? I doubt it.

Production shines on the album as I expected

But i would be lying if I said I was impressed by anything Ross did on this album....outside of a few records most of the tracks are disposable, nutin that I can see myself listening to in a few months outside of Ten Jesus Pieces. (Rich Forever still goes)

Trilla, DTR was Ross at his best to me...even TD had spots where he shined lyrically. On GFID after a few listens im hard pressed to find any verses where dude just got off.

Album will be great to ride tho...

side note- Why the hell did he name it God Forgives, I Don't....there is no theme what so ever :smh:

But i would be lying if I said I was impressed by anything Ross did on this album....outside of a few records most of the tracks are disposable, nutin that I can see myself listening to in a few months outside of Ten Jesus Pieces. (Rich Forever still goes)
Trilla, DTR was Ross at his best to me...even TD had spots where he shined lyrically. On GFID after a few listens im hard pressed to find any verses where dude just got off.
Album will be great to ride tho...
side note- Why the hell did he name it God Forgives, I Don't....there is no theme what so ever :smh:

Guess he thought naming the album would stir up some hype :lol:

We get it. You dont like Ross but you probably **** w/ Jeezy. Cool.
My question tho.... Was TM103 better than this?
*Waits*
TM103 is wayyyy better then GFID yall hyping this for no reason Jay didnt even try his hardest on 3 Kings he freestyle his whole verse.. Yall hyping Andre 3k for no reason even though he is a legend in the game..but then again its NT some of yall some sheeps

Ummmm any true Jeezy fan knows he has 2 classics under his belt, TM101 and The Recession. The difference between Jeezy and Ross is that Jeezy has a story to tell and his music is consistant he's not all over the place, just listen to "Trap" feat Jill Scott on TM103. Jeezy has grown lyrically throughout his career from TM101-103, whereas Ross has been pretty much same flow and lyrics from POM to GFID. I'm not hating on Ross, I'm just looking for more out of him as an artist. Tell some REAL stories, we don't need to hear these fictional Kingpin drug stories on every track. I wish he could put out tracks like Tears of Joy consistantly. Also, Ross only puts out decent albums because of the amount of top notch features he stacks up on them. With his flow, can we honestly say we would listen to an album of just Ross and maybe only 3 tracks with features? I doubt it.

Well you a "true Jeezy" fan so you biased. I rock with music in general. No allegiance. And The Recession ain't no damn classic album. You standards for music are rather low if the Recession is a classic album. You dudes kill me how ya'll feel ya'll have to take sides like there's a law against liking both artists.

And you are a liar in regards to Rawse having shown on growth. That's the one thing you can't take away from him. You can say he's wack, you can say he's fake but you can't take away his growth. I want you to do something for me. Go and listen to Port of Miami right now and check how outdated and uninspiring Rawse flow is on that album. And if you want to hear "real stories" then hip hop not for you because most of these stories are fabricated. If you want real stories go watch Discovery Channel or PBS. This is entertainment first.

And let's don't talk about the feature excuse because Nas, Dre 3000, Jay, Drake were all on Jeezy's last album and didn't put nearly the same amount of work that they did on Rawse album. Funny how that works.

I F with Jeezy. I F with his last album. But if we are going to continue to compare these cats and we are going to judge them by their last albums? Rawse got him. I feel like Jeezy could've put some work in with Rawse same production but he didn't and doesn't have the same ear for production that Rawse has.

"Hood classic"? Fair enough. You can't call a album "classic" when you are lyrically inept. Thug Motivation 101 is a great album. But like I said, just because its great doesn't mean its "classic". Great album and probably one of my favorites of the 00's.

TM103 is wayyyy better then GFID yall hyping this for no reason Jay didnt even try his hardest on 3 Kings he freestyle his whole verse.. Yall hyping Andre 3k for no reason even though he is a legend in the game..but then again its NT some of yall some sheeps

Its funny because you should like a Jeezy sheep right now. I can agree I think both sides do go overboard especially on NT. But this is Niketalk. Home of sheeps and hypebeasts. What do you expect?

I F with Jeezy. I F with his last album. But if we are going to continue to compare these cats and we are going to judge them by their last albums? Rawse got him. I feel like Jeezy could've put some work in with Rawse same production but he didn't and doesn't have the same ear for production that Rawse has.

Pretty much this.

:lol: Ok.
Dont forget, the features saved TM103. Please dont..

What features carried TM 103? He always gives us an R&B feature on every album (Lloyd, R.Kelly, Trey, and now Ne-Yo). 2Chainz was turrible on Super Freak, I guess he made the album because he's HOT right now :smh:. He didn't NEED Fab or Jada on OJay but Jeezy has been working with Fab since he came in the game. Jada and Jeezy have been working together alot lately, i hear a mixtape is on the way as well :smokin . He paid homage to Trick on **** ******, I mean that's FL slang so it made sense to put him on it and they both don't like Ross so it was shots fired. And he did a song about weed so off course it's only right to include Snoop and Devin tha Dude. So please explain what features saved the album?

What features carried TM 103? He always gives us an R&B feature on every album (Lloyd, R.Kelly, Trey, and now Ne-Yo). 2Chainz was turrible on Super Freak, I guess he made the album because he's HOT right now :smh:. He didn't NEED Fab or Jada on OJay but Jeezy has been working with Fab since he came in the game. Jada and Jeezy have been working together alot lately, i hear a mixtape is on the way as well :smokin . He paid homage to Trick on **** ******, I mean that's FL slang so it made sense to put him on it and they both don't like Ross so it was shots fired. And he did a song about weed so off course it's only right to include Snoop and Devin tha Dude. So please explain what features saved the album?

You sounding real "sheepish" right now. :lol: You sat there and made a excuse for EVERYTHING Jeezy did on the album. And that's fine but don't sit here and act like you not a sheep.

Back
Top Bottom