**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

"Ear for production"............you dudes are funny to me.

I think his production has been his greatest asset since he's been rapping. He's OD'd on the trap sound in the past 2 years, but the cinematic beats he's had since Port of Miami have been damn near flawless, and to me that's what he excels on, even if they are grandiose fantasy raps.

Well you a "true Jeezy" fan so you biased. I rock with music in general. No allegiance. And The Recession ain't no damn classic album. You standards for music are rather low if the Recession is a classic album. You dudes kill me how ya'll feel ya'll have to take sides like there's a law against liking both artists.
And you are a liar in regards to Rawse having shown on growth. That's the one thing you can't take away from him. You can say he's wack, you can say he's fake but you can't take away his growth. I want you to do something for me. Go and listen to Port of Miami right now and check how outdated and uninspiring Rawse flow is on that album. And if you want to hear "real stories" then hip hop not for you because most of these stories are fabricated. If you want real stories go watch Discovery Channel or PBS. This is entertainment first.
And let's don't talk about the feature excuse because Nas, Dre 3000, Jay, Drake were all on Jeezy's last album and didn't put nearly the same amount of work that they did on Rawse album. Funny how that works.
I F with Jeezy. I F with his last album. But if we are going to continue to compare these cats and we are going to judge them by their last albums? Rawse got him. I feel like Jeezy could've put some work in with Rawse same production but he didn't and doesn't have the same ear for production that Rawse has.
"Hood classic"? Fair enough. You can't call a album "classic" when you are lyrically inept. Thug Motivation 101 is a great album. But like I said, just because its great doesn't mean its "classic". Great album and probably one of my favorites of the 00's.

You need a hug? You must be offened if your calling me a "liar" because I dont think your boy "RAWSE" as u call him has grown. It's funny how no one wants to admit Diddy saved Ross career. Ross had a nice buzz but Diddy threw him a life jacket to help him swim. Where has Ross grown lyrically? His lyrics on POM are no different from the same lyrics he's putting out now on GFID expect his production is better. I'm not talking about popularity im talking about lyrics and as an artist.

You my friend need to listen to the Recession again. If you wanted to know about anything going on in the world from a "hood" standpoint Jeezy brought it all together on the Recession. The Recession was complete from top to bottom. The album had a theme and he stuck to the script. Nas and Drake were not on TM103 so I don't know where that came from when u said "last album". What work did Jay or 3000 put in on GFID? JAY FREESTYLED HIS VERSE on 3 kingz, I don't think that was hard for him to do.

How doesn't Jeezy have an ear for production? Because he doesn't go out and get all the top producers to put his album together?

So nobody in hip hop is telling a "real story?" C'mon son knock it off :smh:

You sounding real "sheepish" right now. :lol: You sat there and made a excuse for EVERYTHING Jeezy did on the album. And that's fine but don't sit here and act like you not a sheep.

Not "sheepish" my brotha, I was pointing out WHY he choose the features he had on his album. No excuse at all. Every album is going to have features but let's be real DTR and TD had a feature on EVERY TRACK! That's a COMPILATION album, if you ask me

Last edited:
You need a hug? You must be offened if your calling me a "liar" because I dont think your boy "RAWSE" as u call him has grown. It's funny how no one wants to admit Diddy saved Ross career. Ross had a nice buzz but Diddy threw him a life jacket to help him swim. Where has Ross grown lyrically? His lyrics on POM are no different from the same lyrics he's putting out now on GFID expect his production is better. I'm not talking about popularity im talking about lyrics and as an artist.
You my friend need to listen to the Recession again. If you wanted to know about anything going on in the world from a "hood" standpoint Jeezy brought it all together on the Recession. The Recession was complete from top to bottom. The album had a theme and he stuck to the script. Nas and Drake were not on TM103 so I don't know where that came from when u said "last album". What work did Jay or 3000 put in on GFID? JAY FREESTYLED HIS VERSE on 3 kingz, I don't think that was hard for him to do.
How doesn't Jeezy have an ear for production? Because he doesn't go out and get all the top producers to put his album together?
So nobody in hip hop is telling a "real story?" C'mon son knock it off :smh:

Naw bro I don't need a hug. I'm not mad that's just how I talk. :lol: When I think you saying something outlandish I say "you lying". :lol:

In regards to Rawse being saved by Diddy? I don't see it. Maybe give me some examples because if anything I believed Diddy used NIcki and Rawse to make himself relevant.

As far as his growth goes, I feel like he's grown as a rapper simply because Port of Miami featured no punchlines and no diversity. Basically was just straight up. No metaphors no nothing. Rawse had no wordplay on Port of Miami. In 2012 he does. He's shown more growth lyrically than any other rapper in the game during his same time except maybe Wayne. Jeezy too has shown growth as a rapper but not nearly as much as Rozay. Jeezy is far closer to how he was on Thug Motfivation 101 than Rawse is now to when he was on Port of Miami and there's no comparison. I really can't say this enough that ya'll dudes need to listen to Port of Miami again. Solid album, solid bangers, solid production but his flow was so uninspiring it almost is hard to listen to.

Recession was a solid album. I never said otherwise. But ya'll cats said classic. Jeezy lyrically on Recession had a wider subject matter. He was still rappin' about the trap but he did widen his subject matter. Production was above average. Songs were nice. In comparison to Thug Motivation 101 it pales. There's no comparison.

I said Nas but I meant Ne-Yo. And Drake was on that Lose My Mind remix but alright let's don't count that. Drake was just on the hook of Pineapple so it wasn't like he had a verse or two anyway.

And I don't care if Jay's verse was "Freestyled" or not. His verse was 10x's nicer than what he gave Jeezy. Maybe he should've "freestyled" Jeezy's verse. And I won't even talk about 3 Stacks verse. Underwhelming to say the least.

I never said no one was telling a story in hip hop. I said the stories were exaggerated and fabricated.

Top producers? Justice League and Pharrell. :lol: That's it. The rest of the producers were of the same caliber of guys that Jeezy gets. Only different is they give Rawse their best material. Jeezy to me personally seems like he gets a producers 2nd or 3rd best efforts. Listen to Rawse's Justice League Beats and listen to Jeezy and tell me JL didn't give Rawse superior beats.

Not "sheepish" my brotha, I was pointing out WHY he choose the features he had on his album. No excuse at all. Every album is going to have features but let's be real DTR and TD had a feature on EVERY TRACK! That's a COMPILATION album, if you ask me

You sounding like a sheep bro. GFID had 5 songs without a feature and it has 15 songs on it. Thug Motivation 103 had 4 songs and 14 tracks. You criticizing Rawse for doign the same ish Jeezy did. :lol:

^ really good points my man.

Album is entertaining but the trap beats throw off the feel halfway through the cd. If he kept it smooth it would have been nicer.

I never said no one was telling a story in hip hop. I said the stories were exaggerated and fabricated.

I seriously can't touch on everything you're typing about because when it comes to Rick Ross, you seem to be riding hard for him every time I pop in here.

Kinda creepy.

I just want to make sure you know "exaggerated" and "fabricated" are not the same thing.

Carry on.

It's pretty much considered a "hood classic", which I can pretty much agree with. Came out at the right time, and ignited the whole trap sound (for better or worse) when nobody else was doing it.

I thought T.I been on that trap rap for YEARS though?

Before Jeezy even dropped his first verse.

Im surprised SOOOO many people just a week ago was saying how he fell off and he was growing stale :smh:
NT be flip flopping a lil toooo much sometimes. Or one person will feel a certain way and then everyone else will jump on the bandwagon. Glad to see people like the album though. I will be purchasing this album like i have all his others hope u guys support and do the same

And this is the point where you should start ignoring most of the opinions and comments on here... Dudes in here mastered the art of bench-jumping and side-switching...

I realized this about two years ago...

Plus, half the people that commented in this thread have really been praying to their savior for this one man to fail anyway...

Comedy all over... :lol:

I seriously can't touch on everything you're typing about because when it comes to Rick Ross, you seem to be riding hard for him every time I pop in here.
Kinda creepy.
I just want to make sure you know "exaggerated" and "fabricated" are not the same thing.
Carry on.

I initially said they were "fabricated". But I do stand behind that the stories in hip hop are exaggerated and fabricated and have been since the 90's when everyone thought you had to be a "gangsta" in order to sell records. Its funny though. The cats who don't even really brag about their gangsta are the ones who ended up being the real ones. Usually the ones who rapped on record use to use the excuse of "Oh i'm rapping about ish i've seen" or the "i'm rapping about by brothers" excuse.

"Creepy" ? if you scared about me stating opinions online then take your scary *** on somewhere. :lol: I'm not a monster. :lol: You don't need to find my creepy. I'm just stating my opinion. You disagree that's fine. No reason to be scared. Like I said, i'm a Jeezy and Rawse fan. Hell i'm from the South. For the most part we don't been on that competitive ish. And most dudes I know down here feel the same way. We rock with both Jeezy and Rozay. But i'm also a hip hop fan and if i'm critiquing them on music Rawse gave the better effort.

Like I said, first cats I ever heard use the word "trap" were Outkast. First dude I ever heard make "Trap music" was TIP. But Jeezy gets the credit for whatever reason. I never argued it too much. Jeezy did sort of start a genre of "trap music" but the first cat I ever heard use it for a album was TIP.

And this is the point where you should start ignoring most of the opinions and comments on here... Dudes in here mastered the art of bench-jumping and side-switching...
I realized this about two years ago...
Plus, half the people that commented in this thread have really been praying to their savior for this one man to fail anyway...
Comedy all over... :lol:

This ain't the first time. I remember when cats stopped messing with Kanye. I forgot the exact reason. Hopped off the bandwagon for like 2 minutes and was right back on it.

One thing i've noticed about NT and I guess hypebeast fans in general is that they don't like something when it becomes popular because they don't want to be viewed as a "sheep". So they hop off the bandwagon in fear of being a "sheep".

Triple Beam Dreams sounds the same to me? Whats different about it?

Edit nvm, I notice a few differences to the beat.

Last edited:
I hate to sound like a fanboy, but Drake put Diced Pineapples over-the-top.  The subtle signing in the background + the smooth hook
pimp.gif

Rick Ross is the Trent Dilfer of rap music.  He's a C+ rapper who depends on his strengths (production, features) to carry him.  All he does is manage to not screw it up, which is kind of a gift when you think about how many rappers screw up good production.

T.I. has, but none of his previous efforts ever ignited a whole new vibe/sound. He was talking about trap life way back on I'm Serious, but never had an album that pretty much sparked that as an exclusive lane itself. No one had ever referred to the trap sound as nearly a genre itself until TM101 dropped. Sure, T.I. used that as a lot of his subject matter, but there's not a lot of people who would strictly lump him in as a "trap rapper" like they do Jeezy, Ross, Gucci, BSM etc. If that was true, then the majority of Wu-Tang would be considered trap rappers.

Back
Top Bottom