**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Album is pretty solid.

I think it's in the running for Rap album of the year so far.

Wasn't feeling the song with Wale, I know he's an NT'er and much love to him, but I wasn't feeling his part for that song.

I feel bad saying that because he's an NT'er and he's making millions and doing his thing, but I think his part on the album was the worst part of this album so far.

Will listen to it again today.

Williams ear for production is great cant really sit thru an entire album of these fairy tale John Gotti raps tho kilo this kilo that it's like he's rubbing his phony back story in your face

overall well put together album musically lyrics are ok

Can not rock with him calling himself young B.I.G tho **** was WILD disrespectful had to turn that **** off :smh:

Party Heart shoulda been on this album along with the track he did with Pharrell and Meek

Williams ear for production is great cant really sit thru an entire album of these fairy tale John Gotti raps tho kilo this kilo that it's like he's rubbing his phony back story in your face
overall well put together album musically lyrics are ok
Can not rock with him calling himself young B.I.G tho **** was WILD disrespectful had to turn that **** off :smh:

I am getting appalled at people attributing every trap beat to Lex Luger. He did NOT create that sound for people to refer to trap beats as his signature sound or something...

He didn't create it (I wanna say Shawty Redd and/or Zaytoven did), but Lex Luger is the one who had way too many rappers exhaust his beats.

I would probably throw Drumma Boy in there to.

i would love to see pusha T in the midst of a coke transaction with some dread head hatians wearing

some colorful bapes.

yall rather listen to backpackers turned coke rappers

yall rather listen to dudes who made their money doing credit card scams like french montana

and buy cocaine city dvd and tell everyone your washing coke money?

i don't understand how EVERY SINGLE PAGE of this thread has the same 5-6 ppl

i would bet a significant amount of money that if you tallied of the "top poster's"

for this thread....which btw clearly states "rick ross appreciation thread"

it would be the same dudes hating on ross.....

my dude thunderchunk69 hates ross and he has the same reason's as alot of

you but you never see him in this thread because he can clearly read it 's an appreciation thread.

i hate wayne and could on and on with pages of useless chatter on why i dislike him

in the official lil wayne thread but i dont because lifes too short to be a miserable douche

about someome who's done me no harm.

The more I hear it, the more I'm convinced that 10 Jesus Pieces is the best track on this album.

I honestly cant understand how people are really sitting talking about "He's lying in his raps" OH? I guess Eminem really did kill his wife and somehow found a way to kill her again on the second album. I guess Biggie really was kicking in peoples doors and stabbing them with icepicks.

Surprise NONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENED

We are all rational people here, and to sit here an judge a RAPPER based off things that have NOTHING to do with the rap itself is crazy. Who cares if he lives, if the rap itself is good he can talk about whatever he wants.

Last edited:
^They didn't really do that??????

I DON'T WANNA LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE

Last edited:
The more I hear it, the more I'm convinced that 10 Jesus Pieces is the best track on this album.
I honestly cant understand how people are really sitting talking about "He's lying in his raps" OH? I guess Eminem really did kill his wife and somehow found a way to kill her again on the second album. I guess Biggie really was kicking in peoples doors and stabbing them with icepicks.
Surprise NONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENED
We are all rational people here, and to sit here an judge a RAPPER based off things that have NOTHING to do with the rap itself is crazy. Who cares if he lives, if the rap itself is good he can talk about whatever he wants.
i'm saying

and for the Deuce "fraud" statements, i guess Friend or Foe really happened or else that makes Hov fraudulent right? 
eyes.gif

"its only entertainment"

That may be true, but Rick Ross is a lot more convincing rapping his fantasy mob scenes than Meek Mill, Wale, and maybe even Stalley are at rapping about....whatever they rap about. It's one of those things where it's not what you say, it's how you say it, and to me, the 3 of them (with more emphasis on Wale & Meek Mill than Stalley) don't really do a good job of getting their point across on a record. Not to say that they haven't had good/standout verses or anything, but a lot of their stuff just sounds forced as hell, like they would rather be doing something else.
***EDIT: I really just can't past Meek Mill's yelling on every track. It's like he records all his songs in the crowd at Heinz Field.

:lol:

I ain't gonna front Meek's yelling does get old quick.

If you asked me last year, I would've said Ross > Meek, but after hearing that Hot97 freestyle I'm convinced Meek really does have some bars that hopefully he's saving for his album

MMG really has a fairly solid crew of rappers and I'm not saying Ross sucks...because he doesn't at all. I just don't want people to get out hand (like they tend to do on this site) and start acting like Ross is dropping Jay-Z type verses on every track :lol:

After a few listens, I think this album is only a 6.5-7 out of 10 at best. The first few tracks are standard Rozay affair which is a good, then you have two throwaway tracks in a row, two alright/good tracks, two more throwaways and a good finish but two of those tracks are recycled from Rich Forever. I can't call this album of the year material but it isn't garbage even after so many pushbacks. Average album you'll play for a few weeks and then move on to the next thing.

Diced Pineapples is only hot cause drizzy on the hook.. don't nobody wanna hear about boss breathe heavy or a shoe obsessed nerd giving girls orgasms. 
sick.gif
really tho

Last edited:
Because to these folks, lyrical = similes. He's great with internal rhymes, alliteration, metaphors and imagery. Even better flow and voice. He coexists with the beat, instead of trying to overpower it or outrap it.
"He needs more double entendres b." (c) Ross detractors
Ross can rap.

Exactly. Thank you man. somebody gets it

Teflon Don had heavy replay value. GFID, not so much. A few stand out tracks though. Like someone else said, 6.5/10 and this is coming from a Rozay fan.

After a few listens, I think this album is only a 6.5-7 out of 10 at best. The first few tracks are standard Rozay affair which is a good, then you have two throwaway tracks in a row, two alright/good tracks, two more throwaways and a good finish but two of those tracks are recycled from Rich Forever. I can't call this album of the year material but it isn't garbage even after so many pushbacks. Average album you'll play for a few weeks and then move on to the next thing.
Rap<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< hip-hop

I just dont think this is Ross best work. I can't believe people even tried to compare this to deeper than rap. This album isn't garbage but I expected more

Back
Top Bottom