**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Copped the deluxe today and gotta say I was blown away by the first 6 tracks, the sequencing is awesome and you've got a few near classic tracks from those 6 (3 Kings, Ashamed, MM IV, Sixteen). I was sitting there like :x

Then we hit Hold Me Back and it started going downhill, why sequence that with 911 and So Sophisticated? It just sounds like one long song, throw two keep one and we'd be gravy. Back on track with Presidential and Ico Cold is okay. But Touch'n You and Pinapples are both buns. We don't need those on a Ross album. As always though Ross comes through in the finale with Ten Jesus Pieces :smokin.

Overall though a good album, Ross knows how to pick a beat (most of the time). Throw two of the Lex Lugar ***** out, Pinapples and Touch'n You and you've got a great album.

Also, 3K :smh:... and I don't even mess with Andre like that. My favourite track is Ashamed though.

this album is cinema via .mp3..from start to finish.

some of you are either listening to this on trash speakers...or hating just to hate.

he chose beats that were more lifestyle-esque (which you guys explicitly state is his strong point),

threw in some trap beats (i hated Hold Me Back, but the transition from that to 911 was pretty hard), and somehow this is average?

album of the summer man...the only weak point is Andre Benjamin's guitar solo lol.

Album of the Summer?? Dude need to jump of a building if he thinks that..This album is a 7.5

At best Ten Jesus Pieces is that best track on the album IMO...This album is boring & his

Lyrics were all of the place one mintue he's on a yatch the next he's looking into a empty

fridge...No standout tracks at all really just nothing really special but ROSS is all smoke

& mirrors dude created all this hype & buzz saying this album will be a "Classic" & it's not

Even better than Teflon Don...I think ROSS hit his peak dude shoulda dropped last year or

Earlier this year...He killed the trap sound IMO it's so bad people don't even wanna here a

Shawty Redd, Zaytoven or Drumma Boy type beat anymore....

That '' Ya man got murked but you squashed that, I hope you know what we call that'' line directed to Jeezy is still so disrespectful:smh::x
Not as disrespectful as someone yucking it up while letting your babys mother and your children count his money while clowning you ....oh and then you do nothing about it. Yeah Williams a real crime boss how couldn't dudes support this guys mafioso movement :smh:

Last edited:
Not as disrespectful as someone yucking it up while letting your babys mother and your children count his money while clowning you ....oh and then you do nothing about it. Yeah Williams a real crime boss how couldn't dudes support this guys mafioso movement
mean.gif
50 was putting on wigs throughout the beef , that was all entertainment. when ross went through his seizure episode 50 tweeted out for him to get better , the same 50 who

12 years after jarule looked him wrong in the club still wont let the grudge go.

jeezy's man lost HIS LIFE , and jeezy squashed the beef.

im still a jeezy fan but i honestly thought i was never going to hear music from him when i heard his mans died shortly after gucci fired on him...

i thought he was just gonna put one in gucci's dome.

gucci even said "im not a killer but you *****'s don pushed me" THATS disrespectful , u not gonna killy my man and call me a vagina

Not that enamored with GFID as the majority of you.

Album is just alright to me; 3stacks feature was appreciated though.

Quote from the comments section on World Star for the "Hold Me Back" video:

"fried chicken want hold me back, jam doughnuts want hold me back , ham hocks want hold me back..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
That '' Ya man got murked but you squashed that, I hope you know what we call that'' line directed to Jeezy is still so disrespectful:smh::x

Don't find anything special about that line. It's too vague and could be talking about all the movies he gets inspiration from. Now if he said a name or something, than I'd be moved.

Aug 2 2012 11:59 AM EDT 109
Andre 3000 Set To Direct Rick Ross' 'Sixteen' Video
Rozay pledges a clip for every song on God Forgives, I Don't.
By Rob Markman , with reporting by Sway Calloway

When Rick Ross reached out to Andre 3000 to guest on his newly released God Forgives, I Don't, he figured the ATLien would simply rap, but instead, the Bawse got so much more. Not only did Dre drop a verse on "Sixteen," the OutKast standout also sung, played the banjo and volunteered to direct the song's video.

"Sometimes in our life, depending on what day it is, a lot of times 16 bars ain't enough, and he loved the track that much that he went above and beyond," Ross told MTV News correspondent Sway Calloway when he appeared on "RapFix Live" on Wednesday.

"Sixteen" is a groovy, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League-produced track where Rozay and Dre break the mold, going way beyond the normal 16-bar verse and dropping a whopping 48 instead. Sonically, the song could have easily been a holdover from OutKast's 1996 masterpiece, ATLiens, or its equally as-great 1998 follow-up, Aquemini. "A lot of times artists be fans of other artists and when they collaborate with 'em, they forget why they were fans," Ross began to explain. "Meaning that when I collaborated with him, I wanted to give him the production that I felt could bring out some of that OutKast energy, and what it actually resulted to was a record that he titled 'Sixteen.'"

The record is so fitting that 3 Stacks offered to help Ross construct the visuals. "He's writing the treatment for the video," Rozay confirmed. "It's looking real big."

In fact, Ross is so enamored by God Forgives that he has big plans in the works. "I'mma shoot a video to every record on the album," he said. "I don't believe I can really keep up with that pace with my schedule and making sure the quality is there doing it weekly, but at least every two or three weeks in between I'll be giving you virals."

Last edited:
50 was putting on wigs throughout the beef , that was all entertainment. when ross went through his seizure episode 50 tweeted out for him to get better , the same 50 who
12 years after jarule looked him wrong in the club still wont let the grudge go.

jeezy's man lost HIS LIFE , and jeezy squashed the beef.

im still a jeezy fan but i honestly thought i was never going to hear music from him when i heard his mans died shortly after gucci fired on him...
i thought he was just gonna put one in gucci's dome.

gucci even said "im not a killer but you *****'s don pushed me" THATS disrespectful , u not gonna killy my man and call me a vagina

Ight 1st off my man lets get this whole JEEZY squashed the beef thing straight actually DJ DRAMA set the whole thing up to keep it real & how much of a sucka is ROSS dude got

JEEZY & CTE put outta Summer Jam...And as far as JEEZY retaliating the beef was well publicized to do that & GUCCI admitting that JEEZY tired to kill him so if JEEZY

would have done anything cops would have been all over him...Even worst ROSS is a clown he reppin on the situation with GUCCI like he had something to do with it....JEEZY

was really in the streets with BMF & real street dudes & dudes vouched for JEEZY including THE REAL BIG MEECH....ROSS always dropping names , tellling stories but no one

can vouch for him...

Ight 1st off my man lets get this whole JEEZY squashed the beef thing straight actually DJ DRAMA set the whole thing up to keep it real & how much of a sucka is ROSS dude got
JEEZY & CTE put outta Summer Jam...And as far as JEEZY retaliating the beef was well publicized to do that & GUCCI admitting that JEEZY tired to kill him so if JEEZY
would have done anything cops would have been all over him...Even worst ROSS is a clown he reppin on the situation with GUCCI like he had something to do with it....JEEZY
was really in the streets with BMF & real street dudes & dudes vouched for JEEZY including THE REAL BIG MEECH....ROSS always dropping names , tellling stories but no one
can vouch for him...
son when did gucci ever say "jeezy tried to kill me?"

the video with mad linx where gucci repetedly called jeezy " p** a** n*** " and  a f' n'

throughout the video .......while facing a murder charge

all jeezy doing what anybody with money can do

and get one of his goons to get gucci's chain so he can

stunt with gucci's chain on whatever rap dvd was poppin at the moment.

if it was a hit , then smh at overweight probably high out of his mind

gucci with 1 pistol coming out the victor in that "hit" 

ANYBODY can call on goons

and im a huge jeezy fan , but that wasn't

exactly the highlight of his career.

Back
Top Bottom