**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

[quote name="Peep Game" ]
***EDIT: Just to put things in perspective, the Needle Drop dude gave Life Is Good a 4/10, 1 point higher than GFID. So...yea :lol:. That vid was hilarious though, especially near the end.[/quote]

The guy does have very high standards. But lots of reviewers won't go below a 6/10 like it's the NBA dunk contest or something. Dude has an actual scale and isn't afraid to give out 2s.

Its weird cause the album is solid. Not really boring. But it has no replay value to me.

I bumped all the way through the first time and was impressed.

Had no desire to listen to it again.

/\ He's run his course. It's been mentioned plenty of times but VERY few of the artists that have crossed the threshold to stardom in the past decade have staying power.

In this "All flash, no substance" generation...you get tired of hearing dudes much quicker. There aren't too many Jay-Z's or Eminems being broken now where their music and popularity will translate from decade to decade.

In regards to Rick Ross, it has no replay value because there's only SO long you can stomach someone regurgitating the EXACT same **** over and over again. Ross had a formula that worked...for a short period of time. He's diluted himself. People are tired of him.

I've tried to give GFID multiple chances but I keep thinking to myself "Ehh...this **** got old to me quick".

This is an EXCELLENT review of the album:[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

this dude went in for no apparent reason

First off he didn't like andre's verse on 16

Then for  touch'n you he say's "ross basically admits to only getting girls because he has money.....AND WHO WANTS TO BE THAT GUY?"

which is ross basically keeping it real......after going in on ross for "living delusional".... didn't biggie often say he was ugly and was pulling girls because of money?

agree with 3 kings , very wack

this dude is sitting in a room reviewing CRUSING/VACATION music with a analytical breakdown.

then my favorite quote "imagine if scarface was just tony getting money and getting laid for 2 hours"

ashamed 

verse 1

"I needed some change, mama needed a raise

She stayed in a rage, hated minimum wage

I'm feeling the same, all these criminals paid

Wearing Bally's and gold, I'm selling dope shameless to say

And maybe one day I could put this pain away

Until then I'mma be a d-boy, I'm ashamed to say"

ashamed

verse 2

"Still so close to the hood, I'm ashamed to say

All the money in the world can't take this pain away

It's just another story at the campfire

Court side seats with the franchise

I think about my ****** doing 25

Shining bright, who am I for you to criticize? "

ashamed

verse 3

"I'm smoking psychedelics, I hustle like a felon

Hottest record label, but still in all I'm chilling

Not a crack in my voice, this young ***** so poised

First I stack some money, then go to war with them boys"

from his mothers struggles

to being courtside , now with money courtside but feeling guilty/remorse over friends in jail

to owning a record label with prominent artist

all on one song

all this over a smooth sample and smooth beat to just smoke and cruise through

good transition,imagery and cohesiveness throughout the song.

to each his own i supppose

Last edited:
Anthony Fantano is a troll at this point.

Dude gave it 2.5-3/10

He also gave Nas a 4/10.

What is going on here? 

Dude gave it 2.5-3/10

He also gave Nas a 4/10.

What is going on here? 
Do you expect him to like everything you like? No. He has his opinions and and he explains very well why he gave that album that rating.
This album is super boring to me. He's done the same album now 5 times. Only beats have changed.

Last edited:

Dude gave it 2.5-3/10

He also gave Nas a 4/10.

What is going on here? 
Do you expect him to like everything you like? No. He has his opinions and and he explains very well why he gave that album that rating.
This album is super boring to me. He's done the same album now 5 times. Only beats have changed.
I'm not MAD at the guy...I just really don't think he knows what hes talking about.

Dude gave Nas a 4. Out of 10.

Dude even said Andre 3000's verse was wack...That just completely threw everything else off from that point on. 

Thats just ridiculous honestly. I honestly have to wonder what it is that he actually wants. 

You get mad and say artists don't evolve, then when they do, you say that they're out of their element. 

Fantano's argument near the end focused on the fact that Ross' background takes away from the music itself. Thats the sort of criticism i'd expect from someone with a grudge, not someone trying to appreciate music in and of itself.

I just don't think his criticisms are good. Thats it. If he wants to be in the reviewing business, his opinion doesn't mean it just goes uncriticized itself. 

Im not hating but what do you guys like about his music ? how is it relatable unless your a mob boss ..he has no real personal tracks and isnt a great rapper
I can't relate to most rappers. Can't relate to Big or Jay, cause I never sold drugs. Can't relate to Pac cause I wasn't a thug. Can't relate to Eminem cause I'm not trailer park trash. Can't relate to Mos Def, cause I'm not a political activist. Can't relate to 'Ye cause I don't bang models and rock Louie V.  I mean If I wanted rap I could relate to I'd have to listen to these "average joe" type rappers and while that is cool, but I also like being entertained by people who live a different lifestyle than myself.

I enjoy Ross music mainly because of the cinematic production and the pictures that he paints. He's not a great rapper but he's solid, and just makes good music. I don't know how you can deny tracks like

Mafia Music 2

Cigar Music

In Cold Blood

Maybach Music 3

Luxury Tax

Rich Forever

Free Mason

Amsterdam

/\ He's run his course. It's been mentioned plenty of times but VERY few of the artists that have crossed the threshold to stardom in the past decade have staying power.
In this "All flash, no substance" generation...you get tired of hearing dudes much quicker. There aren't too many Jay-Z's or Eminems being broken now where their music and popularity will translate from decade to decade.
In regards to Rick Ross, it has no replay value because there's only SO long you can stomach someone regurgitating the EXACT same **** over and over again. Ross had a formula that worked...for a short period of time. He's diluted himself. People are tired of him.
I've tried to give GFID multiple chances but I keep thinking to myself "Ehh...this **** got old to me quick".
this 
ohwell.gif

it is what it is

dude drops every year with a mixtape or album with the exact same $#!@

and he really doesnt have a good single compared to BMF 

I can't relate to most rappers. Can't relate to Big or Jay, cause I never sold drugs. Can't relate to Pac cause I wasn't a thug. Can't relate to Eminem cause I'm not trailer park trash. Can't relate to Mos Def, cause I'm not a political activist. Can't relate to 'Ye cause I don't bang models and rock Louie V.  I mean If I wanted rap I could relate to I'd have to listen to these "average joe" type rappers and while that is cool, but I also like being entertained by people who live a different lifestyle than myself.

I enjoy Ross music mainly because of the cinematic production and the pictures that he paints. He's not a great rapper but he's solid, and just makes good music. I don't know how you can deny tracks like

Mafia Music 2
Cigar Music
In Cold Blood
Maybach Music 3
Luxury Tax
Rich Forever
Free Mason
Amsterdam

All those songs are weak sauce from a made up point of view ...if im broke im not gonna rap about being rich every song thats lame

no disrespect to that fontaine dude but this is the only way review a hip hop album, by playing it in a car, no in your room after you just got finished baking some goods for your co workers. Ive seen dude give props to some bad albums and hate towards some of the best releases this year, like nas album.

So Ross doesnt make good music? Damn & I thought Port of Miami, Trilla, Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don & God Forgives, I Dont were all good albums.
**** must be something wrong with me :smh:

Dude gave it 2.5-3/10

He also gave Nas a 4/10.

What is going on here? 

So because he didn't like fake drug dealer rap and a 40-year-old musing about his daughter's Twitter account... he's a troll?

Hardly any albums are flawless. Both of those albums had plenty of flaws, and Fantano is very OBJECTIVE when he reviews. He calls it like it is. He listens to an incredible span of music, everything from rap to punk to dubstep to metal to jazz and inbetween.

It's hard to get above a 7 from him, and I like that. It shows what he really, truly values and appreciates. He gave his reasons why he didn't like GFID, and they're all decently explained. Ross is not a poet; do you want Fantano to appreciate his fake rhymes? Do you want him to laud his absurdly repetitive trap beats? Come on.

no disrespect to that fontaine dude but this is the only way review a hip hop album, by playing it in a car

What?

Last edited:
So Ross doesnt make good music? Damn & I thought Port of Miami, Trilla, Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don & God Forgives, I Dont were all good albums.
**** must be something wrong with me :smh:

Its not that Ross doesn't make good music..its that his music and lyrics are extremely repetitive. His last 3 Albums are damn near interchangeable. I like GFID, but it doesn't have replay value because it's no different than Teflon Don.

no disrespect to that fontaine dude but this is the only way review a hip hop album, by playing it in a car, no in your room after you just got finished baking some goods for your co workers. Ive seen dude give props to some bad albums and hate towards some of the best releases this year, like nas album.
what did i just watch? you call this a review?

anthony should not do rap album review. stick to rock music

Basically.

I said the same thing, as we were watching the "Hold Me Back" video because I know some of the people who went out to the video shoot in New Orleans. That in itself is a big problem of his. Where are the video's in Ross's hood, with HIS goons?

Ross came to someone else's city, went in someone else's hood, didn't call out none of the OG's or the REAL hustlers from that project to make cameos, just kind of did their thing and left. Some might say that that makes New Orleans "fake" but you gotta understand, he went in one of the poorest neighborhoods probably in all of America and played that character up to them. It's all just a facade. These people don't ever see Cash Money in the streets, so of course they're gonna freak out when someone comes around tossing out free Reeboks and saying "You wanna be on TV?"

And eventually, people get tired of that, too, just like they get tired of the same album over and over again, because let's fact it, it's not like ANY of his albums were classics.

Were they good? Yeah. Ross makes some pretty good albums. But none of them were ground-breaking or landscape changing. They were "hot", but Chingy was "hot" to make a comparison. This album is gonna brick harder than William Gates in the Chicago playoffs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom