**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Damn, Every post that is not of the norm here is like walking on eggshells knowing their gonna crack. If this ^^^ wasn't intended for me then disregard this following statements. If i offended you in any way then i apologize as i didn't come here to "talk sideways" however, i'm not upset because i point out what i see and i get this as a statement ^^^. it ain't gotta be all about vintage this n that and how I wear polo. You knock loud Polo like I knock plain Polo so we do have our differences as this is a forum. I don't speak for anyone else or any other website, so walk with me if you want. I came here to build with others as I have on other sites and met a few cool heads in the process. You can't knock my hustle neither. If pics are posted other than "the norm" it does get clowned on as i seen quite a few pics of individuals get slayed by others on here, and they ish be hot to def. Do you think that's ok?

It was intended for you among others. It's not about offending me, it's about just generally being offensive towards anything that doesn't fit in your repertoire. If by out of the norm you mean talking down on this thread and it's participants then yes, you should feel that way. Do us a favor and don't point out what you see if you have nothing positive to say about it. As i said, contribute the things you WOULD like to see and talk about and save your opinion on what you don't like. That's the best way to turn this thread in the direction you think it should go.

The thing is, there has always been a tension between some of the more upscale connoisseurs in here and the people that come in and post their outlet pick-ups, the marshalls polos with matching GR Jordans. There was a point when this thread really died out because of such foolish bickering. Some of the more established members in this thread have learned not to call people out when they post something ridiculous, the lack of negativity, or slaying as you put it, has been purposeful because of what it has done to this thread in the past.

There are always gonna be lurkers with something slick to say. I doubt any regular contributors "slayed" anyone for their outfit. It's not OK imo for the simple fact that it's against NT rules and numerous people have gotten banned/suspended in the past for doing exactly that. Where are all these pics that are out of the norm at? I'd love to see em. Show me where a member tried to contribute something out of the norm and got slayed for it? I don't particularily need to see pictures of stuff already showcased on rl.com so anything "out of the norm" is welcomed by me at least.

Basically, contribute what you like, steer the thread in whichever direction you would like but don't express your displeasure with the other members that are doing that same thing in their own way, keep the negative comments to yourself. I personally wouldn't even be commenting if there were more pictures being posted among all this bickering and one upsmanship going on in here. Build with who you want to build with, just don't tear down what other people have been building regardless of how it strikes you.

Well said Frank, and I agree. I've always open to people being able to express both their like and dislike for the things posted here without the bashing.

Originally Posted by MaxIMuS NYC

"Well, I got this early this morning, dude and all!!"

Reposting for the pain that this has cause my stomach.
Still my favorite quote in the thread in years. :wow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
and to stay current, did anyone get the private sale invite for factory stores?
10/22 - 11/13
20% off entire purchase
not sure if you have to show the card or not, but the code is 4122
yea I got it will this one run at the same time as the online/in store one :nerd:

Frank, I hear you and respect spreading the what you said positively. Thanks for the better clarification. I was making a point/ scenario/ mockery and glad i got a chuckle outta some of you. I enjoy the posts and people looking out for each other on the promo codes and all. As I said i don't speak for anyone else but me and your 2nd response cleared things up on how y'all do. I'm cut from a different cloth so i can learn from y'all like y'all can learn from me. 

As for me going back to my lil Lo hole in the wall, all that ain't necessary as i didn't blast nobody here. I was also pointing out since y'all love Lo just as much i like history and the history behind certain things. If y'all don't care, then don't care. My ish be conversation subjects rather it be with chicks or corporate excecs that i deal with. I'm into graphic arts and design and been making logo's since the age of 14. I tried my hand in the clothing design biz for a sec and that came and went. I know quality when i see it. 

See, ain't no war story of fabricated BS behind my steez.

^^^ I was scheming on that indian head peacoat but I got a D&S army jacket with the exact same thing on the back and they didnt want a stack for it. I see you ralphie

Does anyone know anything about these particular boots from a couple years back? Recently got my hands on a almost new pair, probably worn once. They are a little snug over the top of my foot, going to see if I can wear them around inside and stretch them a bit.

I read someone post on styleforum that they were made by Edward Green. Anyone know if that is true? Awesome boots though, I hope I can keep them.

http://styleforum-testing.s3.amazonaws.com/a/aa/aaa484ed_vbattach44333.jpg

[IMG]http://styleforum-testing.s3.amazonaws.com/4/44/44291f05_vbattach44335.jpg

Nice. This man isn't messing around this season.

Does anyone know anything about these particular boots from a couple years back? Recently got my hands on a almost new pair, probably worn once. They are a little snug over the top of my foot, going to see if I can wear them around inside and stretch them a bit.
I read someone post on styleforum that they were made by Edward Green. Anyone know if that is true? Awesome boots though, I hope I can keep them.
http://styleforum-testing.s3.amazonaws.com/a/aa/aaa484ed_vbattach44333.jpg
[IMG]http://styleforum-testing.s3.amazonaws.com/4/44/44291f05_vbattach44335.jpg[/quote]
[IMG]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/114012/width/500/height/1000
I have the full length version with no shearling inners made by Crockett&Jones.

Your boot has a true goodyear welted sole so I'm willing to bet that they are Edward Green manufactured.

Why would you not be able to keep the boots?

Last edited:
Why would you not be able to keep the boots?

Thanks for the info. They're pretty snug for my foot that is borderline wide. Length-wise they are good and the shearling lining is super comfortable, just hoping I can break them in a bit so I can comfortably wear them.

Last edited:
^You're welcome.
Shearling is a lot more pliable than leather, so they will give and should be comforable after a few wears. The only thing is that you will only be able to wear them in very cold weather, or you will be extremely hot.

Enjoy those and I hope that you can hold on to them.

RL's private sale begins next week, pre-sale begins this Thursday. You should be getting emails or mailed invites with codes already. I believe it's 30% + 15% for clothing and 40% + 15% for outerwear.

i saw some of the native stuff rugby and the denim at tj maxx, the navajo print hoody was 99.99 and a long sleeve rugby was 39.99 i dont know how it is where yall live but for some reason the one here is getting alot of this stuff along with the usual ralph lauren stuff.

sorry i should've taken pics, i copped 2 long sleeve plaid shirts.

RL's private sale begins next week, pre-sale begins this Thursday. You should be getting emails or mailed invites with codes already. I believe it's 30% + 15% for clothing and 40% + 15% for outerwear.
BODY IS READY.

Its basic as hell but I want the french rib hoodie with the leather elbows really bad. Not for $115 tho:smh:

Back
Top Bottom