**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

you are missing the point of what i'm trying to convey. you just contradicted yourself by stating you were wearing "urban" type brands before, but yet the polo shirts were too "urban for your taste".
the graffiti / writing designs were a representation of team revolution - an urban organization in Brooklyn. Again, "urban" is what they know and they did not switch up their identity even with collaborating with RL. So even if it didn't look right on a RL Polo, Team Rev put their "urban" design on a prep, refined clothing label.

I completely understood what you were saying, although I dont believe those brands I stated are geard towards the urban crowd (atleast not when I wore them, with the exception of supreme maybe), and yeah I respect the organization, looks like they do positive things for the youth, and the fact that they were able to collaborate with RL is amazing. I understand the background/influence of the pieces, doesnt mean I need to like all of em..

Picked this up about a month ago and finally got around to wearing it today. Not sure what era it's from, but I really like the old school look to it.

The thread consists of the following repitition:

Hey guys, look what i just picked up.

"Oh really? How much?"

"i got it for $XX.. and used my Rugby discount!!"

"Nice find, Mine came in today also!!"

"Well, I got this early this morning, dude and all!!"

"Yeah, You got your Farnsworth Bentley on today pal!!"

"Anyone know if T.J. Maxx has (insert Polo line here)???"

"YO SON, ALL THAT (insert Polo line here) IS WACK. i'M GONNA STYLE ON ALL Y'ALL!!!"

^^^ (he gets banned)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I hope i don't get reprimanded for my take on the situation but almost 25 paged of This????

I have a passion for Ralph Lauren along with other quality gear when it was quality and for someone who wears it as much as We all do I wanna know what was the thoughts that went into certain lines and brands when concepts were thought up. 

The Lake Placid line was a tribute to the 1932 Olympics which was the first Olympic Games to be established in the US. 

The 1992 Summer collection was a tribute to the last Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain to be held the same year as the Winter Olympic games. There is some more history behind that.

Y'all beloved Indian Print (Aztec Print) line is Ralph's homage to the Native Americans who held this country down for ages which flows into the RRL line. Does anyone know what RRL (Double RL) stands for?

has anyone that owns any Vintage Polo with screenprints realize how much detail that goes into a screenprint and the cost to do an individual print, However he has maaaad colors on those prints?

i am no elitist in anyway but my history and my knowledge which is slim to none gets me amped when i know more about a line and what it took to inspire Ralphy to come up with his ideas.

Once again this is my opinion of what is going on here. Good Day.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what RRL (Double RL) stands for?

Ruh-Roh Lauren?
110969-146348.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this up about a month ago and finally got around to wearing it today. Not sure what era it's from, but I really like the old school look to it.
Perfect example.

This line came out either 2 or 3 years ago. The other logo that resembles this^^ logo has a skiier on it as well, which resembles the late '80's flip ski logo he put out. Dope non the less.

Last edited:
Mixed a lil new w the old td, (white/blk jordan.9s on my feet)
2012_10_15_18_13_52.jpg

Ps: that link posted above is interesting 4 sure but if u ask me , Ralph should stay as far away from the collecting culture as possible, save for putting out new graphics and classic inspired pieces..

8 years new???............. sry you fail my guy...

Serious question...what made y'all start messing with RL? Like, when and why did you really start getting into the brand?

@natburna I know this only because I watched the Oprah special - RRL stands for Ricky & Ralph Lauren (his wife). 

Honestly, I think the reason there's no talk on the thought process that went on behind the clothing is simply because no one asked. Or that no one was proactive and posted what they knew. There's nothing wrong about posting recent pickups, what we wore, what discounts were had, etc if ppl are engaging in that convo. It is a public forum after all and we all can post whatever's on our mind. But definitely, I wouldnt mind seeing more convo centered around the history behind older pieces and collections. I came onto NT bc SC's RL thread was fading. I actually started the thread and had some decent content, but ppl started dropping off. Those that stuck around told me to join NT. 

nat, this is the most i have ever seen you type out. i wanted to post the timeframe of the shirt coop posted but i waited to see if anyone else would. also, dropping gems, you have said too much brother. elitist status in the RL thread on NT has been achieved. welcome to the dark side.

I don't see why everybody gotta come in here talkin low key sideways just because everyone else here don't see RL how THEY see it. Everyone ain't gotta rock vintage heat with a cute story to go with it. Everyone ain't gotta care about the inspiration behind the design of their clothing. And above all, everyone ain't gotta rock RL the way YOU rock it, as has been said numerous times in this thread which everyone proceeds to agree with and then go right back to hatin from the sidelines. Funny how the ones with the most to say post the least pictures.

Whatever grand hopes and dreams one may have had for this thread, manifest it yourself, whatever you feel is lacking, contribute that then, maybe you will find some like-minded individuals, maybe not. When all your posts are criticisms of others how can you even have the audacity to complain about what this thread is. Cause it's not what YOU like? Cause they rocking it wrong, right?

Personally I could care less about the opinions of and/or extent of ones knowledge about a particular clothing brand. You all wanna come and here and reminisce about when yall were in your prime, thats cool with me. You wanna tell stories behind the pics you forget to post, cool, entertain me. Just don't come in here and lurk for an opportunity to put yourself on a pedestal. Yall can bring what yall did over there, over here with out fear of non-contributors telling you how foolish you look swimming in your 2XB rainbow active wear and cracker jack graphic polos bigger than my beach towels. So afford others whom you may find equally clownish the same courtesy. Thanks

The negativity and persistent hate in here has got to stop. Theres a reason why other threads ain't poppin while this one is going strong, members here aren't discouraged or alienated for posting what THEY like, contributing what THEY feel is noteworthy. Feel free to start a blog if you only want posted what YOU like in the fashion YOU like it.

Originally Posted by natburna  

Originally Posted by Greezee  

Why not?
The thread consists of the following repitition:

Hey guys, look what i just picked up.

"Oh really? How much?"

"i got it for $XX.. and used my Rugby discount!!"

"Nice find, Mine came in today also!!"

"Yeah, You got your Farnsworth Bentley on today pal!!"

"Anyone know if T.J. Maxx has (insert Polo line here)???"

"YO SON, ALL THAT (insert Polo line here) IS WACK. i'M GONNA STYLE ON ALL Y'ALL!!!"

^^^ (he gets banned)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I hope i don't get reprimanded for my take on the situation but almost 25 paged of This????

I have a passion for Ralph Lauren along with other quality gear when it was quality and for someone who wears it as much as We all do I wanna know what was the thoughts that went into certain lines and brands when concepts were thought up. 

The Lake Placid line was a tribute to the 1932 Olympics which was the first Olympic Games to be established in the US. 

The 1992 Summer collection was a tribute to the last Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain to be held the same year as the Winter Olympic games. There is some more history behind that.

Y'all beloved Indian Print (Aztec Print) line is Ralph's homage to the Native Americans who held this country down for ages which flows into the RRL line. Does anyone know what RRL (Double RL) stands for?

has anyone that owns any Vintage Polo with screenprints realize how much detail that goes into a screenprint and the cost to do an individual print, However he has maaaad colors on those prints?

i am no elitist in anyway but my history and my knowledge which is slim to none gets me amped when i know more about a line and what it took to inspire Ralphy to come up with his ideas.

Once again this is my opinion of what is going on here. Good Day.
Son.... at the end of the day these are items that you are gonna take off and throw in the laundry. I don't mean to get personal, but it's not normal to be so passionate about some damn threads that won't be around in 100 years.  Would you rather blokes post dissertations on what inspired Ralph to create each piece they're wearing? Again, I don't know you, so if you're as passionate in other, more important, areas of your life then disregard this.

*typing this as I lounge about in my RL boxer-briefs*

Frank's response is on point. Nobody tryna sit here and cream over RL history and 20 year old pieces of clothing. Go back to whatever board y'all came from cause y'all are ruining the hell out of this thread. This is how our RL thread has always been, don't like it then do us all a favor and go find another platform.

im actually wearing that jacket today. quiet stylish i might add. the only down side is the joint runs smalllll so whatever size u r go up. As for searching for a size it all depends on what size u looking for Denim and supply restock because i needed and XXL and i checked there website religously till one saturday morning i saw an XXL or check macys they restock random sizes. i want the chambaray shirt that goes with this fit but macy is doing a sale yettttt try to call denim and supply and nag for a size maybe they would see theryres a high value for that particualr size and place an order for that size but keep checking denim and supply

Yeah I know their denim jacket's fit small, I found out the hard way. But yeah I'm definitely going to keep checking?

So I head to Rugby and see this sweater on the opening page. I look for it on the site and it is nowhere to be found. Does anyone have any info on this? Is it just in stores right now or something?

well said, frank. i'm a fan of the old and the new, and this thread has definitely been a culmination of the 2. hopefully this bickering subsides and more productive contributions can be made. 

this interview came out last month, a nod to the old heads.

http://massappeal.com/know-your-zine-polito-vega/

and to stay current, did anyone get the private sale invite for factory stores?

10/22 - 11/13

20% off entire purchase

not sure if you have to show the card or not, but the code is 4122

Serious question...what made y'all start messing with RL? Like, when and why did you really start getting into the brand?
What got me into the brand years ago is this vest, which to me is the perfect blend between luxury and sport. You have high end materials (wool, lambskin, brass, foul feathers) in a hunting vest. This type of "rugged luxury is an oxymoron that just works". No logos, no brand stamping, just high quality clothing that stands out. To date there are no brands that do it as well as RL.

The fact that I could take the one vest, and build an entire look off it had me hooked.

I like the brand because each person tailors every peice to their own style.
That's what keeps me coming back to this thread.

Last edited:
I don't see why everybody gotta come in here talkin low key sideways just because everyone else here don't see RL how THEY see it. Everyone ain't gotta rock vintage heat with a cute story to go with it. Everyone ain't gotta care about the inspiration behind the design of their clothing. And above all, everyone ain't gotta rock RL the way YOU rock it, as has been said numerous times in this thread which everyone proceeds to agree with and then go right back to hatin from the sidelines. Funny how the ones with the most to say post the least pictures.
Whatever grand hopes and dreams one may have had for this thread, manifest it yourself, whatever you feel is lacking, contribute that then, maybe you will find some like-minded individuals, maybe not. When all your posts are criticisms of others how can you even have the audacity to complain about what this thread is. Cause it's not what YOU like? Cause they rocking it wrong, right?
Personally I could care less about the opinions of and/or extent of ones knowledge about a particular clothing brand. You all wanna come and here and reminisce about when yall were in your prime, thats cool with me. You wanna tell stories behind the pics you forget to post, cool, entertain me. Just don't come in here and lurk for an opportunity to put yourself on a pedestal. Yall can bring what yall did over there, over here with out fear of non-contributors telling you how foolish you look swimming in your 2XB rainbow active wear and cracker jack graphic polos bigger than my beach towels. So afford others whom you may find equally clownish the same courtesy. Thanks
The negativity and persistent hate in here has got to stop. Theres a reason why other threads ain't poppin while this one is going strong, members here aren't discouraged or alienated for posting what THEY like, contributing what THEY feel is noteworthy. Feel free to start a blog if you only want posted what YOU like in the fashion YOU like it.
Damn, Every post that is not of the norm here is like walking on eggshells knowing their gonna crack. If this ^^^ wasn't intended for me then disregard this following statements. If i offended you in any way then i apologize as i didn't come here to "talk sideways" however, i'm not upset because i point out what i see and i get this as a statement ^^^. it ain't gotta be all about vintage this n that and how I wear polo. You knock loud Polo like I knock plain Polo so we do have our differences as this is a forum.  I don't speak for anyone else or any other website, so walk with me if you want. I came here to build with others as I have on other sites and met a few cool heads in the process. You can't knock my hustle neither. If pics are posted other than "the norm" it does get clowned on as i seen quite a few pics of individuals get slayed by others on here, and they ish be hot to def. Do you think that's ok?

nat, this is the most i have ever seen you type out. i wanted to post the timeframe of the shirt coop posted but i waited to see if anyone else would. also, dropping gems, you have said too much brother. elitist status in the RL thread on NT has been achieved. welcome to the dark side.
You wasn't lying neither. Got my first official elitest welcome in the process.

I like the brand because each person tailors every peice to their own style.
That's what keeps me coming back to this thread.
Definitely agree with this. I love how everyone does their own thing with RL. Personally, I got into it off of seeing people rocking it when I was a kid. Polo Sport, in particular, is what I really remember from back then. Those Polo Sport ads in the magazines, the cologne, all of that amazed me for some reason. I never had any as a kid, so when I was able to buy my own I started copping a lot of Polo Sport. My first RL item I bought myself was a blue/white polo with Polo Sport across the chest in red. From that, I just started getting into RL period and learning about the brand, labels, etc. etc. I love it all from old to new, Polo to Rugby, RRL and everything else.

So I head to Rugby and see this sweater on the opening page. I look for it on the site and it is nowhere to be found. Does anyone have any info on this? Is it just in stores right now or something?

the model is wearing it underneath the belted corduroy blazer that is listed. i'm assuming it will probably drop closer to the holiday with more holiday theme attire. not too sure if it's in the Rugby store yet.

The thread consists of the following

You sound a bit peaved regarding the direction of this thread...but this is the funniest thing I've seen in this thread.
:rofl: :rofl:

Coop nice backstory on what got you into Polo.

Back
Top Bottom