**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Can anyone explain to me why some vintage RL pieces under the 'Ralph Lauren Country' label say est 1971 and some say 1967? Couple months back there was a bunch of Polo Bear sweaters on ebay bearing the 'est 1971' label and people said they were fakes. But I've also seen a couple of vintage sweaters bearing the 1971 label that I'm pretty sure arent fakes.

I'm looking at this 89 patchwork sweater and there seems to be two versions. First version with the american flag patch in the center. This one bears the est 1967 label. Second sweater has the duck in the center and bears the est 1971 label.

Can anyone explain to me why some vintage RL pieces under the 'Ralph Lauren Country' label say est 1971 and some say 1967? Couple months back there was a bunch of Polo Bear sweaters on ebay bearing the 'est 1971' label and people said they were fakes. But I've also seen a couple of vintage sweaters bearing the 1971 label that I'm pretty sure arent fakes.

I'm looking at this 89 patchwork sweater and there seems to be two versions. First version with the american flag patch in the center. This one bears the est 1967 label. Second sweater has the duck in the center and bears the est 1971 label.

I cannot confirm, but I was told the polo country label with 1971 is the women's label for the polo country line. 1971 is the yr the women's line began

Last edited:
I cannot confirm, but I was told the polo country label with 1971 is the women's label for the polo country line. 1971 is the yr the women's line began
Yeah thats the conclusion I came to after some more research and comparing.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered from getthelo ig page? Wanted to know if it was legit

I have not personally purchased because I hold out hope that a lot of the stuff will make it to sales and you'll be able to beat those prices anyway. But, several of the dudes vouching for him I can confirm to be legit.

This sounds right.

Cheap Wiz - The other bear sweaters you were talking about were the wooden ski knits, right? ...Yeah, those looked a little suspect.

But, sometimes it can be hard to tell definitively. I believe those pieces were from overseas. There are lots of minor variations in overseas pieces - slight color tweaks, sizes or placement of graphics, etc. I've seen long time collectors disagree over the authenticity of certain items in the past. So, when you are dealing with something that's foreign and maybe fake, there are like many new variables introduced into the equation.

Bumped into 88 keys in bloomies last december. A bunch of boring items at his checkout.

But, Jay, do you have 61 pieces of Indian Pointe?

Last edited:
Sneakerhound, nice to see the Women's Bear showcased in this thread.

Haha. Old Mr. 60 pieces of Indian pointe himself...
Bumped into 88 keys in bloomies last december. A bunch of boring items at his checkout.

I can believe it. He stresses that he must have nearly all of the pieces of a collection before he will start wearing it.

I think I remember seeing him/his rep selling off some of his Indian Pointe Items recently on ebay.

Last edited:
BTW, anybody go to the TNF shoot?

I had intended to go actually, but I got twisted at an impromptu housewarming party on Friday night and when I woke up on Saturday, my body was not up for going anywhere for several hours. LOL.

Polo Sport - were you there?

...It's getting a bit warmer, so that might have been the last excuse to wear my Trans gear until this winter. I also had a hat I wanted to pull out. Oh well.

New pickup just came in. Limited Edition olive slim fits the detail on these jeans are crazy. These are the second pair of LE olive slim fits I have purchased this year. I guess you can never have two many pairs of RRL jeans.
These are super nice. Saw they had them in black as well but it's like only 50 made per color. These are too rich for my blood even on sale.

Last edited:

These are super nice. Saw they had them in black as well but it's like only 50 made per color. These are too rich for my blood even on sale.
I may probably have to scoop the black ones you posted if i can find them in a 33. Are they slim fit also, how much is retail?

Just imagine if Boosie goes extra hard on polo this year...

I mean he as country as fried catfish with biscuits & gravy so there's only so much I expect from him unless young dro helps him out but it can be something dope...

I think the south is just finished riding the Coogi wave, so I'm sure he will Spring dig the colors and the lux teir price points. What he does won't affect me either way.

Last edited:
I think the south is just finished riding the Coogi wave, so I'm sure he will Spring dig the colors and the lux teir price points. What he does won't affect me either way.
the South has been off the Coogi wave . As far as Georgia goes I see a lot of cats wearing Tunkfit and Akoo. 
alien.gif
. People down here be looking at me crazy when I be buying Polo at Macys and there is no big horse on it.

LOL!

nah, man Young Dro got joints...

ive heard from various cats that dude collection is real.

not just pique and big pony either...

like son really is in to the lifestyle, so hes always gonna get a pass

I've never seen him in anything I really give a damn about, and he always came off as a bama to me. But, I must admit that I've had limited exposure to dude. I only heard of him because he was leading that Southern outlet Lo movement that was popping off like 5-6 years ago. Maybe he's got joints, but whatever. If he does, good for him, I guess.

would like to see Just Blaze's polo collection

It's all over the net. He's got a bunch of stuff on his IG. It's dope, but I know many cats who can shut his collection down. Not that it's a contest, but dude's name always gets brought up as if he's the pinnacle. He used to post on VGA, probably around the time that Wale was still on NT. LOL.

Last edited:
I doubt Young Dro is holding any real power pieces. I've never seen him wear anything in his music videos or interviews.

I have not personally purchased because I hold out hope that a lot of the stuff will make it to sales and you'll be able to beat those prices anyway. But, several of the dudes vouching for him I can confirm to be legit.
This sounds right.

Cheap Wiz - The other bear sweaters you were talking about were the wooden ski knits, right? ...Yeah, those looked a little suspect.

But, sometimes it can be hard to tell definitively. I believe those pieces were from overseas. There are lots of minor variations in overseas pieces - slight color tweaks, sizes or placement of graphics, etc. I've seen long time collectors disagree over the authenticity of certain items in the past. So, when you are dealing with something that's foreign and maybe fake, there are like many new variables introduced into the equation.
But, Jay, do you have 61 pieces of Indian Pointe?
those bear wooden ski knits on ebay were 100% fake. the wool felt like steel dish scrubber and it smelt like chemicals like it just came off a factory. Cut and fit was all off, and when i asked for a refund the guy didn't ask twice. I see a couple people holding it on IG, don't understand why :/ 

I've never seen him in anything I really give a damn about, and he always came off as a bama to me. But, I must admit that I've had limited exposure to dude. I only heard of him because he was leading that Southern outlet Lo movement that was popping off like 5-6 years ago. Maybe he's got joints, but whatever. If he does, good for him, I guess.
It's all over the net. He's got a bunch of stuff on his IG. It's dope, but I know many cats who can shut his collection down. Not that it's a contest, but dude's name always gets brought up as if he's the pinnacle. He used to post on VGA, probably around the time that Wale was still on NT. LOL.
so many legends on IG alone that can run circles around just's collection, it was prob just blaze that bought that crest knit for $10,000 on ebay lol. dude has that roc a fella money and i heard he literally bought collections off mey, bagslo etc etc back in the days. not knocking him in anyway just blaze is a legend in hip hop but if i had to give it up to a mainstream figure for this lo life culture it would def be fab sport lo 

Back
Top Bottom