**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Oh I see now smh...this is what it has come to I guess...no nostalgic or sentimental value.
As an old head, it makes me smile to see younguns spends racks on the stuff we got for as little as possible. For me it's nostalgic to see a new generation rocking ol school stuff. Almost paying homage to those that did it best and created the culture so many share in today. If I had half the stuff I had back in the day I couldn't even rock it because my style has evolved so much.

Im an older guy, and I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I have very little sentimental/nostalgic connection to RL Vintage on a personal level, because the entire movement was drowned out by the Tommy wave. I saw "power peices" sit on clearance racks for entire seasons before they were shipped of to discount stores.

That said I do have connection and appreciation for RL Vintage because of the RL brand itself. The quality, materials, and long-term shelf life of the vintage designs is seen in some of my favorite newer RL items. I also appreciate how the Polo historians have preserved the movement.

Last edited:

Oh I see now smh...this is what it has come to I guess...no nostalgic or sentimental value.
As an old head, it makes me smile to see younguns spends racks on the stuff we got for as little as possible. For me it's nostalgic to see a new generation rocking ol school stuff. Almost paying homage to those that did it best and created the culture so many share in today. If I had half the stuff I had back in the day I couldn't even rock it because my style has evolved so much.

Im an older guy, and I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I have very little sentimental/nostalgic connection to RL Vintage on a personal level, because the entire movement was drowned out by the Tommy wave. I saw "power peices" sit on clearance racks for entire seasons before they were shipped of to discount stores.

That said I do have connection and appreciation for RL Vintage because of the RL brand itself. The quality, materials, and long-term shelf life of the vintage designs is seen in some of my favorite newer RL items. I also appreciate how the Polo historians have preserved the movement.

I'm generally tired of seeing it myself. But, that's mostly because the new generation that wants to get on the wagon doesn't want to take the time to learn about things and do things right. A lot of the younger heads don't care, and that's fine, but don't expect the older heads who influenced you (why else would you want to rocks wings, plates, or a beach?) to respect what you're doing. So, it's not nostalgic when I see younger kids rocking old school stuff, because for every one that does it right and makes me feel good, there are a hundred who are just appropriating something that was once meaningful and making a mockery of it.

I feel you, Superman. And, of course all kinds of gems hit discount stores and clearance racks. 9.99 Dan and Dave tees at Burlington. Four figure brims in outlets. I also remember a time when lots of Jordans didn't move - when first gen retro 1 - 3s were stacked up on the floor in stores for 29.99 a pop. When it comes to that kind of stuff, everything that has value today was ignored or treated as disposable in its heyday (a major reason for why certain hats hold so much weight). Look at what happened once urban fashion got on that high end steez - I have Iceberg knits in storage bins somewhere that I paid real money for and they ain't worth anything. Part of that is that they aren't timeless, but another part is that it never lasts when you are trying too hard. So, the fact that this stuff was once very inexpensive doesn't impact how I view it at all. In fact, it's kind of dope because it's more evidence that that stuff was "ours" - that means it didn't sell all that well to the target demo. And, not everything sat like that, but no need to split hairs, your point stands.

I'm not arguing with you at all. I think the way you do your thing is real dope. I'll admit that vintage dudes can get uppity about how other people rock. But, I don't think anybody would really try to call you out. You have an original style and all the love and passion that any vintage dude has - just spitting a different flavor. I'd say the same for Kush too - he mixes the old with the new, but he has his own style and it's well put together and all that. I like seeing people rock Ralph in different ways - there are different ways to flam... and different ways to fail.

Last edited:
Well said BIP, and thanks for the kind words. I really can appreciate how this thread has evolved over the years. We have a great mix of old and new, exchange of great ideas and info, and still have lots of humor. We have something very positive here with great energy.

I feel like I could have asked Rae better questions than the guy interviewing. Interesting nonetheless.

Good convo here, if I can get my Mac working on Monday I'll definitely add to it if it's still going... Still posting from my phone.

Last edited:
This had me rolling today, saw a guy with the horse logo tattooed on his face. Same area where tattooed tears would go, it was maybe 2x as big as the small pony logo.

This had me rolling today, saw a guy with the horse logo tattooed on his face. Same area where tattooed tears would go, it was maybe 2x as big as the small pony logo.
roll.gif
mean.gif
The ****ification of western civilization never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:
When people act like a parody of a tyler perry movie, blatantly exploit stereotypes of our community or look like gucci mane clones...****ification

Last edited:

Speechless....I really like tattoos, but I don't have any, and I don't plan to in any kind of future. But I couldn't brand myself on the level

I'm sure it may have been discussed here already and I tried to find older post on it... But what officially happen to VGA?

When people act like a parody of a tyler perry movie, blatantly exploit stereotypes of our community or look like gucci mane clones...****ification

Oh, I know what you meant. I just didn't think it was cool to drop that word.

And, FTR, it's not like black people have a monopoly on bad tattoos, brand whoring, or making an *** out of themselves.

I'm looking to order some RRL jeans and I don't live anywhere close to a store that sells them to try them on. I wear a 34x34 in D&S straight fit and a 33x32 in Polo classic fit. What size do you think i should order in RRL straight fit?

I'm looking to order some RRL jeans and I don't live anywhere close to a store that sells them to try them on. I wear a 34x34 in D&S straight fit and a 33x32 in Polo classic fit. What size do you think i should order in RRL straight fit?
I'm not sure if you like to wear your jeans relaxed or fitted  but I would recommend  a 32x32 in straight leg. the straight leg jeans are quite roomy to begin with and even though the inseam are listed at 32 the inseam usually measure around 33 inches. 

New pickup just came in. Limited Edition olive slim fits the detail on these jeans are crazy. These are the second pair of LE olive slim fits I have purchased this year. I guess you can never have two many pairs of RRL jeans.

Can someone point me in the direction of this jacket.. or is it seasons old and done with.
The Jacket and the cardigan is this season. That is a RLX jacket. I like it but 600 for a yellow raincoat is od. you can find the jacket on the polo website under RLX. Is that Asap Ferg ?

Back
Top Bottom