**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

It's like a suicide ski ski suit. 95% cotton 5% spandex. Has spandex ankle straps to go under foot. It's like a base layer. Any info appreciated.

Any body know where I can cop the snow beach joint today? I already know I'm looking at a couple Gs for that piece (right?)

Anyone have any RL or polo sites I can check to verify what this suit is? I'm dying to get this figured out.

Well said SMB, I did see another one with the 1992 sportsman patch, seen on IG. Some things are rare, but rare isn't always an instant buy.... But it's great from a collectors stand point.

Any body know where I can cop the snow beach joint today? I already know I'm looking at a couple Gs for that piece (right?)

Snowbeach pieces have become super pricey, if I knew this I would've bought the snowbeach pants for $80 when I had the chance Lol. Either you know someone or auction sites are your best bet. I always passed major snowbeach pieces in the past, the jacket I posted recently is my fave along with the snowbeach vest. I rarely see the pullover I posted, but other then the hoodie, the jackets, vest and pants (major) usually cost a least half of income tax refund and part of your soul

It's 2014. If you don't know where to get items like this, you don't need one.

Don't be THAT guy...

Middy -

I'm serious though - we had somebody who wanted to be that guy about a year ago ---

yes , i got it from longhorn for $1,565 and when it comes i will post pics, i just won the bid on the 92 ski today which is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VTG-1992-POLO-RALPH-LAUREN-SKI-92-SUICIDE-SKIER-JACKET-COAT-/170941581958?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=fB3BD%2B3xv%2FKRXJ6nOp5qlGmuIvM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc so just under $500. my next investment might be the suicide jacket

what else are you holding in your collection?

im still adding a lot more im just waiting for it to get here. Im still looking to add some p wing and im also lookin for the 5 horsemen in blue and the rugby cricket shawl cardigan that i post recently if i can ever find it

just curious, but what is your motivation now for buying vintage polo? when i asked about what else you were holding in your collection since you just spent $2050 for two jackets i was hoping to see more vintage polo in your collection to justify your overt spending, unfortunately, that is not the case. your collection revealed 3 rugby items from the recent sale and a polo rugby from about 7 years ago.

how do you see these as "investments"? these are expenses. you just spend $1565 on a pullover that says snow beach and is oversized. that is the most overly hyped/priced polo item there is. it is not made of silk or cashmere. there are no special materials or treatment that makes it weatherproof. it is 100% nylon outer and 100% polyester inner.

anyhow, good luck to you and your search for polo.

my motivation is knowing that i can own something rare and hard to find items that i know a lot of my friends would love to have. It's not about the money because $2050 is nothing. I just like collecting vintage and rare things and i just recently got into collecting so it's basically i see it , i like it and i buy it type of thing. I dont know how old u guys are but i was only 5 when these things were released. So since i wasn't able to then , im doing it now.

Last edited:

This **** gets me lol

That's funny because I was just watching fresh prince last night and it was an episode from the first season and Carlton was wearing a cricket sweater with this logo

I couldn't find a picture of the exact sweater all the cricket sweaters I found didn't have the logo

Back
Top Bottom