The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was a different time. That was before GTA Online. I’m not saying it isn’t possible but I think it’s highly unlikely. I wonder how much Rockstar would even charge Sony or MS for marketing rights.

EYE agree.

Makes no sense for Rockstar to have timed exclusivity for what is anticipated to be the biggest game ever nor Sony because they would have to pay out the *** to Rockstar to even do that.

Who in here is upgrading?

Def not at launch.

But I guess it also depends on how the pricing will go after a year, how the actual system performs and when a PS6 will come out.
As things stand, the standard PS5 seems sufficient.

Damn, didn't know Marvel v. Capcom Fighting Collection was available digitally.

Still need to reserve a Physical copy.

Who can recommend a good bang for your buck Fight stick? Far from a pro but I just cant play these SF collections on da controllers. Any help is appreciated!

Forgot to post this, but Gamestop tweeted this yesterday afternoon...

IMG_5591.PNG

Tempting, but no dice... yet.

Offer me $500, you can keep my SSD and I'll jump ship.

DF might have gotten hands on with the Pro
Haven't seen these stills anywhere.

Sony is betting that others like you will do exactly the same.

There will definitely be a PS5 Pro bundled with GTA6. There will also be features exclusive to the PS5 Pro version that you will not see on PS5. Sony will do everything they can to sell this damn console, and the GTA6 is that killer IP that will do it.

Also don't be surprised if Sony brings back the timed exclusivity for GTA6.

I don't think anyone can afford any sort of exclusivity on GTA6. It's probably going to be the biggest launch of all time.

There's no need anyway since it's only launching on consoles first. Sony probably has the marketing rights so they can bundle the game and it will probably fly.
Combine that with Xbox hardware sales dropping and it's a psuedo semi exclusive.

I will but not straight away. I might get FOMO if the comparison videos from DF are good though.
Going to start seeing if I can sell my launch PS5 now though.

Last edited:

Newly announced features​

Welcome hub (phased release)​

We are introducing a new personalized space in your PS5 home screen called Welcome hub – a dedicated space you can customize with widgets, allowing you to see information at a glance before you begin your gaming sessions. For players in the U.S, Welcome hub will replace the current Explore tab with enhanced customizability and an upgraded user experience.

Party Share (phased release)​

In the next few weeks, we'll also add the ability for you to share party voice chat links on any messaging or social media app. This will allow you to invite a friend whom you're chatting with on any messaging app to join your party voice chat, even if you haven't added them to your friends list on PlayStation Network.

Last edited:
Astro Bot is my GOTY, but Vampire Survivors has me like

kermit-kermit-the-frog.gif

Finally leveled up enough in Mad Forest to unlock Inlaid Library which is where EYE finally discovered evolved weapons.

wow-woah.gif

Joints go crazy. :lol: And at least 3 are absolutely necessary for those extended runs.

Was like 30 seconds away from completing the Library until the swarm eventually got me.

Music to my ears.
If PSSR is even halfway as decent as DLSS then we're going to be eating good.

PSSR is probably what is doing the work in that 8K mode for GT7.

Also good for those worried about next gen pricing. AI upscaling is the future.

Astro Bot is my GOTY, but Vampire Survivors has me like

kermit-kermit-the-frog.gif

Finally leveled up enough in Mad Forest to unlock Inlaid Library which is where EYE finally discovered evolved weapons.

wow-woah.gif

Joints go crazy. :lol: And at least 3 are absolutely necessary for those extended runs.

Was like 30 seconds away from completing the Library until the swarm eventually got me.

Kermit :rofl:

After sleeping on it, I’m leaning towards getting it. Not 100%. But I’m moving that way. Not hating on anyone that feels this is to much for not enough this gen because part of me feels that way too. But I am an enthusiast. I preordered a drive just in case, I can always return it. Maybe a Costco bundle or something will come around. Who knows.

I know there is a lot of upset people and some legitimate gripes. But I spot checked a few of these people making bigs stinks with these very definitive statements about Sony, on say some Reddit forums. And what I finding is a good portion (not all but a good amount) are PC master race boys and posters coming from the Xbox forums. Most likely to pile on Sony and fuel the hate. So I’m gonna take the chatter for what it is.

Hyperbole

Anyway I guess I'm one of those PC Master race/Xbox gamers that also owns a PS5 and a Swich... aka a multiplatform gamer, and yeah.... I can't say that investing that much for marginal improvements on timed exclusive first party games (since all those are eventually coming to PC as well.)

Makes a lot more sense to me to double down on a whole new rig in about 2 years that will run circles around a PS5 Pro. Honestly makes more sense for most people to just wait on the next generation of consoles cuz the Pro will probably cost more anyway. Ultimately if you are a gaming enthusiast then you would already be gaming on PC because it literally has the best of all worlds and cost the same as what buying the best version of both maim consoles would cost anyway. This is for PLAYSTATION enthusiasts, and that is fine.

Back
Top Bottom