The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The switch 2 or switch next whatevever will not be out for at least another 2 years. You're lying to yourself if you think Ninetendo will somehow deliver better than PS4 Pro graphics on a handheld mobile device cosole.

Switch 2 is for sure next year.

It's probably gonna use DLSS, which is Nvidia's AI solution, to boost performance. It's really good stuff. Games will look good to good enough.

That's still $300 To get the Pro w/ disc drive. I'm straight off that.

My OLED already makes my **** look pristine as is.

I wonder what TVs people will be hooking their Pros up to... second I see someone having one hooked up to some ******** that cost less than the console I'm gonna smh. You know it's gonna happen too.

When I'm in the market for a television, I tend to look up this guys reviews. He's got dry humor, but the most detailed/informative out there. I don't buy televisions based on gaming, but he does reviews on the different set ups as well.

Currently, my consoles are hooked up to this television:

I bought the floor model, so mine is potentially calibrated. My games look great to me, but there are better television (apparently like LG's C-series of OLEDs are top notch for gaming). I'm also 34, new dad, and wear glasses, so all OLEDs look crispy to me.

He's a quick list from IGN if the video research is too much.

My PS5 (along with my PS2/3 and my custom built PC) is connected to a 77 Sony A80J. Upstairs I have Nintendo Switch/Wii U/SNES Mini and my HP Omen PC connected to a 77 LG C1. In my bedroom I have my Series X connected to a 65 LG C8 but I need to swap it with the 65 CX that's upstairs in the guest room connected to my Xbox 360 and Wii, neither of which have been played in years. Finally in my oldest son's room is a 55 LG CX connected to my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

Hyperbole

Anyway I guess I'm one of those PC Master race/Xbox gamers that also owns a PS5 and a Swich... aka a multiplatform gamer, and yeah.... I can't say that investing that much for marginal improvements on timed exclusive first party games (since all those are eventually coming to PC as well.)

Makes a lot more sense to me to double down on a whole new rig in about 2 years that will run circles around a PS5 Pro. Honestly makes more sense for most people to just wait on the next generation of consoles cuz the Pro will probably cost more anyway. Ultimately if you are a gaming enthusiast then you would already be gaming on PC because it literally has the best of all worlds and cost the same as what buying the best version of both maim consoles would cost anyway. This is for PLAYSTATION enthusiasts, and that is fine.

Double the framerate with better IQ isn't marginal gains. A lot of the 3rd party games are are not as optimised as the first party ones and would benefit from the Pro. DF made a video about what it could do for Wukong since it's not optimised for PS5.

Unreal Engine 5 games are struggling because its a new engine so its not as optimised yet and you can't just upgrade your GPU to bruteforce it.
If you're a console only gamer, the PS5 Pro is the best you can get for the next 4 years. An equivalent PC will cost you more.

Who is this Sony mark?

1726170033655.png

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

He's only referring to the performance mode as awful not the fidelity mode.

Have they discussed what benefits the PS5 Pro will have on which games?

What does it do for Astrobot?

Only some games from the CNET video/ article and some tweets from DF.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu0NA6CnkjY

1726223162670.jpeg

My PS5 (along with my PS2/3 and my custom built PC) is connected to a 77 Sony A80J. Upstairs I have Nintendo Switch/Wii U/SNES Mini and my HP Omen PC connected to a 77 LG C1. In my bedroom I have my Series X connected to a 65 LG C8 but I need to swap it with the 65 CX that's upstairs in the guest room connected to my Xbox 360 and Wii, neither of which have been played in years. Finally in my oldest son's room is a 55 LG CX connected to my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.
Bruh, even your guest got OLED action?!
tenor.gif

What television are you using for your gaming?

That's an open question to everyone btw.
I got a 40 inch hi sense smart tv .. I had a 4K tv but i took it to the pawn shop because it always went into game mode and it felt like it was darker. My Hi sense tv didn’t do that tho’ but I’m looking for a new tv probably get it in a month or two

What television are you using for your gaming?

That's an open question to everyone btw.
I used to play on my TCL Series 6 65" TV, but I ended getting the 32" Alienware 4k OLED curved monitor last year. Works as my main monitor when WFH and my gaming monitor.

Happy with it. I was initially going to with the 42" LG C3 as a main monitor, but I kept reading that it doesn't really work smoothly with Macs. So I passed.

Back
Top Bottom