The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

[h1]The Last of Us: Survival Edition, Post-Pandemic Edition Revealed[/h1]
+ Posted by Mick Perona // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

The Last of Us is coming May 7th, 2013, and we’re celebrating the impending arrival by announcing two very special editions of the game available in North America. First off, the Survival Edition will be hitting retail shelves packaged with some very cool extras.

When you get the Survival Edition, you’ll be able to explore over 170 pages of the incredible artwork and designs that went into making The Last of Us in The Art of The Last of Us, a full-sized hardcover art book by Dark Horse. Also packed in from Dark Horse, artist Faith Erin Hicks, and The Last of Us Creative Director Neil Druckmann is The Last of Us: American Dreams #1, the first issue in a series of comic books that dives deeper into Ellie’s backstory. The version you’ll get features a variant cover that can only be found in the Survival Edition.

In addition to the books, you’ll be getting the Steelbook edition of the game showcasing artwork of Ellie on one side and Joel on the other side of the cover. Ordering the Survival Edition also nets you the Sights & Sounds DLC pack:

Sights & Sounds DLC Pack
- Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie

The Survival Edition retails for $79.99 and is available in-store and online at participating retailers.

Dark Horse will be releasing a standalone edition of Art of the Last of Us ($39.99; 978-1-61655-164-3), available at your local comics shop, amazon.com, bn.com, or your local bookstore.

The second offering is for the true collector: Witness the Post-Pandemic Edition.

In the Post-Pandemic Edition, you’ll receive the Steelbook edition of the game and The Last of Us: American Dreams issue 1 with the variant cover. Also included is a highly collectible 12” Premium Statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce that’s worthy of any display case.

You’ll be getting two DLC packs as well. In addition to the Sights & Sounds DLC Pack, the Post-Pandemic Edition includes a plethora of digital content in the Survival DLC Pack:

Survival DLC Pack
- Multiplayer Bonuses:
· Bonus XP
· Melee booster
· In-game currency
· Customizable character items
- Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed

The Post-Pandemic Edition will only be available at GameStop for $159.99. It’s very limited, so pre-order your copy today! Both the Post-Pandemic Edition and the Survival Edition include custom chrome Naughty Dog stickers so you can stylishly tag your preferred items or walls with the developer logo of your favorite new game.

Hop online or head to your local retailer and pre-order today. Be prepared for The Last of Us before May 7th, 2013!

One of my PS3's (80 gig) stopped reading discs last night. Damn thing just shows the disc spinning icon and does nothing.

I'm going to take it to a repair shop and get it fixed for like $100. Anyone have any ideas before I do so?

One of my PS3's (80 gig) stopped reading discs last night. Damn thing just shows the disc spinning icon and does nothing.

I'm going to take it to a repair shop and get it fixed for like $100. Anyone have any ideas before I do so?

on my old 80 gig ps3 it wouldnt recognize blu rays only dvds. i bought the drive myself on ebay and changed it myself

check ebay for ur specific model number drive.
if u are a little tech savvy u should be able to do it

The opening cut scene of Ni No Kuni is amazing, honestly felt like i was watching something on crunchyroll. The beginning is pretty slow though, but the story is interesting.

on my old 80 gig ps3 it wouldnt recognize blu rays only dvds. i bought the drive myself on ebay and changed it myself

check ebay for ur specific model number drive.
if u are a little tech savvy u should be able to do it

I'm easily tech savvy enough to do it. Would you mind linking the instructions you used or PMing me?

fallout 4 cannot come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just came back from dc.....havent been since i was 12 and just learning to fap lmao

yo.....u know ya boy celtix aka hewhooutshakespearesshakespeare was in 7th heaven cruisin the 'wastes' and peepin the metros.....

fallout 3 owns any and every video game ever made.  bar none hands down, dont say nothin unless u agree....

be on the lookout. im going to drop my revised fallout 3 review.....jam packed full of concepts and notes on the game that i either forgot or hadn't noticed until after finishing the review.

periodically, i shall also be dropping  reviews on my favorite games ever.....link to the past, mario 64, ff 9, x wing vs tie fighter etc etc  .......'13 gunna b BUSY.  lets get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone played DMC yet?

Was going to buy it, but i'll wait to pick up a used copy off GS or something.

Besides, got GOW: A, MLB '13 & Last Of Us coming out.

Is it better than DMC 4? I bought that first day and regreted it.

10x better. i like the new dante and storyline that went with it. the weapons are on point and the combos you can create is almost infinite. i think when its all said and done theres like around 10 weapons to switch from.

I remember u saying that u weren't impressed with the last of us......can u explain why? I was really looking forward to it but the way u described it when u played it made it seem like it wasn't worth the effort to get and play

Is Fallout 3 really that good? I copped it from a dying blockbuster for like $3 last year.  Still haven't put the disc in

Is Fallout 3 really that good? I copped it from a dying blockbuster for like $3 last year.  Still haven't put the disc in

I dont suggest playing it if you have a fat PS3. Bethesda doesnt know how to make a game work on PS3 in 2013, nevermind in 2008.

That said, it is a crazy deep game. Very fun and a pretty awesome humor. Top 5 RPG's this gen for sure.

If you do decide to play through, you can expect 100+ hours of gameplay, some pretty hilarious storylines, great quirks, but also a ton of glitches and freezing.

Just learn to save often and you should be gold. Can get irritating, though.

Last edited:
I'm sad i couldn't find a Ni No Kuni Collector's edition anywhere, let alone the regular copy... Someone point me in the right direction for the collector's edition w/o having to pay out my *** please

The Last Of Us.I have a feeling is going to be a disappointment.

It's been happening a lot with Sony 1st party studio games this generation.

Also I just can't see playing it when GTA V will be out around the same time.

its mainly been happening to lesser known games by lesser known studios, battle royale, starhawk, lbp racing...the exception being twisted metal which time has just passed on

it being the end of a generation may have had an effect on those games where as releasing them early on in a new gen could make a difference

this is Naughty Dog, the premier sony studio this generation

Back
Top Bottom