The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Isn't the MK4 ~$1000 more anyway?

Regardless, I don't see why people would get a 6D MK II over a 5D MKIII.
Well, a $1000 is still a $1000. Not everyone has the cash to burn and if they did, they might want to invest in getting a lens. The 6D has it's spot. It's for people that want full frame without all the flare and on a budget. At least the AF point are better. I do like the swivel screen though. Don't get why the MK4 didn't have that.
^This plus low light capabilities of the original 6D was already better than the MK III at the time.
I think canon is trying to draw the line in the sand of what photo cameras are and what video cameras are. idk

TBH if i wanted a camera that did amazing video i'd just go sony.
I rented a Sony a6300 for my trip to Utah earlier this month. Originally I wanted to rent the GH5 but was talked out of it to rent the a6500 instead but it was rented out at the time. Even without the image stabilization I felt like I was able to get a lot of good footage. I just wish I would of had more time to play with it but it did feel good using it for video purposes.

It was the first time taking my Phantom 4 along on a trip with me so I just wanted all the footage to match up which is why I rented the 4K Sony. I have one video finished from the trip, just waiting on approval from the company that sponsored the trip so I can post it on here.

6dO I might be for a person like me . . that i don't shoot video and I don't see myself doing it in the future but want a great FF camera.

I'm not to happy with this 100-400L VI, maybe I don't know how to use it But so far, buns. The center is soft but when it comes to the edges it just falls apart. Or maybe it was the wind and the length I was shoot ... Will give it another try before I sell it ...

Is that the previous gen 100-400? The push/pull to zoom?

I get that 85mm for fashion would be great for bokeh and full body fits but in an urban setting (NYC) woudnt literally space be an issue? You would have to stand.l pretty far back. Would it be comparable to shooting a 50 with a aps-c camera?

Why not both? Both the 50/1.8 STM and 85/1.8 USM should be around $400 shipped via Canon Refurbished store when they are on sale. I enjoy both lenses on my 6D but I usually shoot with 40/2.8 STM the most because I prefer the wider focal length. BTW, did you get the Tamron 28-75/2.8?

I have yet to get the Tamron lens just yet.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the 85mm and then pick that up next!

Why not both? Both the 50/1.8 STM and 85/1.8 USM should be around $400 shipped via Canon Refurbished store when they are on sale. I enjoy both lenses on my 6D but I usually shoot with 40/2.8 STM the most because I prefer the wider focal length. BTW, did you get the Tamron 28-75/2.8?

I have yet to get the Tamron lens just yet.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the 85mm and then pick that up next!

FWIW, I love my 85 mm 1.8. I got it for $250 off PotN.

Went on a shoot today, any critique please? Framing, editing, etc?

I took about 500 shots and these were the ones that were decent.

Is that normal to only have a couple good shots out of hundreds?

Last edited:
^ I think the editing looks good.

On the 3rd and 4th shots though, id crop out the stoplight. It doesn't add anything to either picture. Also, on the third and fourth shot again, if you do the shoot again, I would try to get that street light out of the background, and try to center her more with that green light stuff. When people look at pictures, their eyes will naturally go to the brightest spots of the picture.

Went on a shoot today, any critique please? Framing, editing, etc?

I took about 500 shots and these were the ones that were decent.

Is that normal to only have a couple good shots out of hundreds?

I used to be trigger happy like that myself but as you gain more experience and keep shooting you'll learn the get the shots you need without having to take that many in the first place.

I'm digging the editing, like it was pointed out above the stoplight can be cropped out but framing is good for the most part.

For some reason the angle. colors and background reminded me of the Jerry Springer show and she's about to tell the camera off on some 'I'm 16 years old, smoke cigarettes and get drunk and I don't have to listen to my parents' ish 
laugh.gif

Finally got around to editing this small set (whole set I edited is on IG @ SquarianAaron).

Back story on this was that my mom wanted to find this guy who owned his own kokeshi doll shop where he made them in front of you basically. After asking locals about it, we found out they moved their shop which we found out was right next to their house. Came up to their shop doors and found out they closed a while ago, but the wife was nice enough to talk about their shop and everything. Then the husband overheard us and basically said he could show us how he used to make them.

I know it's been asked before but what's y'all preferred place to get a variety of prints?

does anyone know a good site to buy other people's work?
Thanks

Finally got a project in mind and I'm trying to put the pieces together.

For those that create their own poses how do you, if you do at all, track or record how the poses should look?

Do Cameras go on sale around back to school or fall time?

Saw the regular Canon 1300D Rebel t6 bundle for 370 but hesitating to see if the price drops 

Do Cameras go on sale around back to school or fall time?

Saw the regular Canon 1300D Rebel t6 bundle for 370 but hesitating to see if the price drops 

price on consumer electronics always fluctuates.

The price on that t6 will go up and down a lot since there its not the current rebel. $370 is a phenomenal price & the bigger, more important investment will be glass.

thanks gonna pick it up

I like having all the extra lenses

I'm tired of using android filthers to give the image a look

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom