The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

yanky yanky
@Fongstarr
southcitydon southcitydon
@dunksrnice

and any other SF shooters...

I want to shoot @ treasure island and really check out some of the abandoned graffitied up buildings.. especially Cosson Hall... I also have a couple girls that want to shoot out there too...

Has anyone done that out there / explored out there??

Looking for some tips / tricks / experiences :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I've shot the basic shots from TI, but never explored the "bandos". I understand that there are some tips/tricks "out there" about how to do so.

I'm still trying to get to the Yerba Buena spots out that way to get the below the Bay Bridge into the City shots.

Good luck fam.

and any other SF shooters...

I want to shoot @ treasure island and really check out some of the abandoned graffitied up buildings.. especially Cosson Hall... I also have a couple girls that want to shoot out there too...

Has anyone done that out there / explored out there??

Looking for some tips / tricks / experiences :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

djyoung08 djyoung08 Never really explored the graffiti buildings at TI so I can't help you there but every once in a while there is a cop on patrol which may be a challenge getting in there. I think Fong has been there once?

Sorry I can't be of much help |I

Another before/after from me....are people interested in seeing before/afters in here or is just me who likes to see them?

I love before and after shots. It shows so much and how you decided to go with your photo.

On another note, I have the chance to buy a sigma 30mm 1.4 for $200 canon mount.

But there is an issue, the guy says it focuses short, so it would focus a bit closer to the lens I believe?

Is this something that is fixable and is it worth the price difference as this lens usually sells for around $300+?

djyoung08 djyoung08 Never really explored the graffiti buildings at TI so I can't help you there but every once in a while there is a cop on patrol which may be a challenge getting in there. I think Fong has been there once?

Another before/after from me....are people interested in seeing before/afters in here or is just me who likes to see them?

i like before and after shots myself. as for this edit i like the colors in the before picture better. the after picture has a reddish/purple tint in the cement. this is where before and after shots sometimes ruins how people view the pictures. i like the edit, but after seeing the before picture, im not a big fan of that color in the cement. if it were me i would probably overlook it since i dont know how the original looked lol. i still like seeing before and after shots though so its all good regardless lol

Last edited:
I love before and after shots. It shows so much and how you decided to go with your photo.

On another note, I have the chance to buy a sigma 30mm 1.4 for $200 canon mount.

But there is an issue, the guy says it focuses short, so it would focus a bit closer to the lens I believe?

Is this something that is fixable and is it worth the price difference as this lens usually sells for around $300+?
please dont buy sigma lens with some focus issue.

i used to have sigma 35mm 1.4 and the lens had front focus issue, tried sigma dock, sending them to sigma service centre, and yet they can't fix it!

2 days after sigma sent me the lens, i sold it ASAP, and now im here with canon 35mm 1.4 mark 1, loving it very much!

you can track my post from last month and it full of sigma lens problem that i asked here.

hope that helps :D

Some before and afters... ALL editing done in Lightroom

Straight out of camera RAW

Final Edit.. I have a 16x20 metallic print of his and no lie it looks like a holographic pokemon card :lol:

Final Edit

Final Edit

Final Edit

Really appreciate the before & afters it shows how great editing can do to the shot and it makes me go over some shots even I took and give em a second chance and edit them. Keep em coming guys I'll be sure to contribute soon.

i like before and after shots myself. as for this edit i like the colors in the before picture better. the after picture has a reddish/purple tint in the cement. this is where before and after shots sometimes ruins how people view the pictures. i like the edit, but after seeing the before picture, im not a big fan of that color in the cement. if it were me i would probably overlook it since i dont know how the original looked lol. i still like seeing before and after shots though so its all good regardless lol
I agree. With the edit it looks like the rims are the primary focus and before the car is the primary. 

Should have my cam next week. Going with the D2XS next week and will either get a D700 or a D3 at the end of the month. And as far as glass is concerned I'll postpone my 90mm Tamron and get the 70-300 Di

Man you got them smoke bombs mastered quick my dude

The ones from a cpl months ago to now is no contest and the OGs were fire

:pimp:

Last edited:

your processing has come a long way.

dope stuff man!

Thanks man! I still look back at my old flickr images posted back in 2012 and think sheesh what was I thinking posting those :lol: but I like to have them as a little reminder of where I started.

Ex:

Raw by Mayank4585, on Flickr

I'm still messing with the temperature, deciding to go with a warmer yellow/orange look since I want to make it seem like the sun is shining but I get what you're saying. For this very reason I also like seeing before/after shots and how much people are able to pull out of the image.

i think before and afters is dope...would be cool to see more of them...

therefore, from last night

OG

EDIT

Nice! I've been procrastinating going out there for the longest time ever but I need to make it out there sometime soon.

couple examples of really pushing RAW files

Clients minds were BLOWN :lol:

The silhouette is :smokin I'm shocked you're actually able to do that lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom