The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^^ I had no idea you were in Scotland. I just looked that city up. Looks rad as hell. Do you recommend that area as far as vacationing is concerned whether it be the food and just general things to do?

Would love to take pics of this:

monument.jpg

See the light on the hill right at the back left - I live about there!

Definitely a great place to visit and a good base for seeing Scotland. It's easy to get to London too from here. It's busy right now because we're in the middle of the world's biggest arts festival - good to see but you can barely move for people.

Last edited:
I've been playing with this for a few weeks and I've finally got something out of it.

I got a terrible color cast from a dense filter (buy cheap...) and there were hundreds of people in front of me. This is a stack of 34 shots to get rid of most of them and then some cloning to hide the ones who sat there the whole time. It's a neat place and the evening was beautiful but I was only there in the middle of the day. Would have been a great shot 6 hours later!

Last edited:
been workin' a 90's brand theme with my friend-- started with Tommy Hilfiger and then on to Coogi. dreamt up the concepts and went with it. missed a TON over the last few days-- still making the same mistakes!! only a handful of shots I dig... most need some good edits and are labeled "missed" accordingly. feel free to play around with them on my flickr. been having a bunch of fun, though... found some dope locations and was in the water a good bit. glad this isn't more than my hobby at the moment bc the learning curve is steep. loving my sigma 20 as a side plug-- want to get close-up portraits nailed down as weird as they look with it. thanks for allowing me to flood your page.

example of editing help needed: liked the concept of this shot
Missed by judizzel36, on Flickr

tried to do a little something (know not a damb thing about lightroom)
edit1 by judizzel36, on Flickr

anyway.... mostly misses here but wanted to share.
Missed 9 by judizzel36, on Flickr
8G8C9733 by judizzel36, on Flickr
8G8C9770 by judizzel36, on Flickr
8G8C9869 by judizzel36, on Flickr
Rooftop Robe by judizzel36, on Flickr
Cira Coogi 3 by judizzel36, on Flickr
Cira Coogi by judizzel36, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's definitely the best of the bunch - the others aren't bad but the light is nice in that one.

The white balance was just off in this one:

I changed the white balance and then the third version has the background desaturated slightly which makes the blue less distracting.

Your camera just got confused with all the light in the background - you can't accurately white balance all of those different light sources, it's just not possible so you pick the one which makes the model look good and balance the rest as best as possible.

Last edited:
I am having so much fun editing this harley quinn set

I really enjoy getting to meet such interesting people :lol:

The focusing on those pics still seem off. What camera are you shooting with? I almost wonder if you should try and shoot with a tripod. I do shoot portraits with a tripod at times if light is not totally there. At least you know you can nail your focus and not have any camera shake.

The focusing on those pics still seem off. What camera are you shooting with? I almost wonder if you should try and shoot with a tripod. I do shoot portraits with a tripod at times if light is not totally there. At least you know you can nail your focus and not have any camera shake.

mark iii. it's not camera shake- it's my novice behind self trying to learn the 6billion point focus system. that's all.

That's definitely the best of the bunch - the others aren't bad but the light is nice in that one.

The white balance was just off in this one:

I changed the white balance and then the third version has the background desaturated slightly which makes the blue less distracting.

Your camera just got confused with all the light in the background - you can't accurately white balance all of those different light sources, it's just not possible so you pick the one which makes the model look good and balance the rest as best as possible.

could you post the edit with the blues popping in the background? feeling that look a lot.

thanks for playing around with these, y'all. always appreciate the community of support.

This is my fav from the pics, gotta make sure you don't cut off body parts. 

The focus does seem off on majority of the pics. Keep practicing. Your best asset is a person always willing to take pics combined with the willingness to learn and develop

This is my fav from the pics, gotta make sure you don't cut off body parts. 

The focus does seem off on majority of the pics. Keep practicing. Your best asset is a person always willing to take pics combined with the willingness to learn and develop

right on-- thanks for that. there was a delicate line for us with grass that I definitely didn't want in the shot. we were losing daylight by the minute as well... should have just waited a day and come back with more time to plan and execute. focusing is just a rookie mistake. I keep forgetting to slow myself down.

Shot this on the plane ride home from WA. Shot out of a dirty *** Southwest window in dim light, but thought it was interesting

Apple default wallpaper material :pimp:

Would look dope as a huge print on a white wall too :pimp: :pimp:

always love seeing your posts along with all the other regulars!

Back
Top Bottom