The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

thanks man, really appreciate that. im using a 28mm 1.8 on a d750 as my walk around lens...bc it's my only lens lol. hopefully will add a standard zoom by year's end. and go for it man. lots to see in south east asia, and overall not as expensive as east asia with the exception of singapore.

thanks man, really appreciate that. im using a 28mm 1.8 on a d750 as my walk around lens...bc it's my only lens lol. hopefully will add a standard zoom by year's end. and go for it man. lots to see in south east asia, and overall not as expensive as east asia with the exception of singapore.

awesome shooting w/ 1 lens! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

You could do some damage with a 14-24 or 24-70!

thanks man, still need to get better at working the camera though

anyone have any youtube guides/channels that are helpful for better photography? 

Yeah it really goes to show you that creativity and good photography is based on the photographer and not the camera

thanks man, still need to get better at working the camera though

anyone have any youtube guides/channels that are helpful for better photography? 
Not YouTube, but familiarize yourself with the "Exposure Triangle". It'll help you get away from shooting in Auto mode and you'll have a lot more control over how your shots come out.

http://digital-photography-school.com/learning-exposure-in-digital-photography/
thanks dude, yeah this is the type of stuff I'm looking for

not so much tips on how to frame a shot but the technical aspects of working the camera 

diamond-skate-1.png
skyfire.png

Damn fong back at it again with the perfect photos

Like that last one alot. What shutter speed and iso did you use? I assume you used a filter to get a lengthier exposure?

Saw this walking around DC in broad daylight. Sucks for the dude.

Shot with a Contax T3 and Fuji X-TRA 400. One of my most favorite cameras of all time. Love being able to keep a camera in your pocket for anything that might come up.

07.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

05.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

I definitely need to take more time composing my shots rather than just pointing and shooting. Sometimes it's difficult cause I have to look after my daughter as well :lol: anyone else have kids? Haha

20.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

27.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

I definitely need to take more time composing my shots rather than just pointing and shooting. Sometimes it's difficult cause I have to look after my daughter as well :lol: anyone else have kids? Haha

Kids and photography don't really work - especially landscape IME. If you just want to sit and see what the light does they don't like that.

Damn fong back at it again with the perfect photos

Like that last one alot. What shutter speed and iso did you use? I assume you used a filter to get a lengthier exposure?

Thanks dude. This shot was done with no filter. It was more the perfect storm where the sun reflected right on the clouds. I did bring up the shadows on the RAW file, so it is obviously a heavy edited photo from what was actually out yesterday. I shot it at ISO 100 and I forget the shutter. Because of the low ISO though, I got little to no noise and was able to bring out the blacks and get the details out.

Last night I went out with my buddy that has Profoto strobes. They are like $2K a piece (he had two) and with his receivers and stands, we had about $7,000 worth of equipment. Unfortunately we got little to no photos to show for it since we don't know what the heck we are doing, so it shows that equipment is only half the battle.

71Tw1OqKi%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Kids and photography don't really work - especially landscape IME. If you just want to sit and see what the light does they don't like that.

somewhat random, but related, i was thinking how the concept of childhood is somewhat a recent thing even in the industrialized/modern and wild it was that there was once a time where young children worked in factories...i can't really even imagine a kid being that disciplined...

some randoms from lenses i've been collecting (#thegasISreal) over the past few months, i really need to be more disciplined about getting dialed into a certain focal length/lens. i'm all over the place, if i didn't own a mirrorless camera i prolly wouldn't be so loose about lenses...

from a sigma 150-500mm

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

got a rokinon 135 f2, it is a really impressive lens, and even moreso for the price, punches well above its weight...

these from an f4 10-18 i finally was able to scoop for the low

and a few from the 24-240 super zoom, should be a dope lens for travel as it isn't all that large given the range

also a few from a 21mm f1.8

AND just picked up an x-pro 1 for just under $400, having played with it for a few days...its a weird camera, coming from sony, the menus and optical viewfinder seem even more confusing but the film simulations look cool, maybe somewhere down the line i might rent or cop a fuji lens for it...

Saw this walking around DC in broad daylight. Sucks for the dude.

Shot with a Contax T3 and Fuji X-TRA 400. One of my most favorite cameras of all time. Love being able to keep a camera in your pocket for anything that might come up.

07.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

05.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

I definitely need to take more time composing my shots rather than just pointing and shooting. Sometimes it's difficult cause I have to look after my daughter as well
laugh.gif
anyone else have kids? Haha

20.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

27.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr
My neck of the woods. Nice shots.

Back
Top Bottom