The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Did a pre-prom shoot with my brother and his girl 
smile.gif

Last edited:
:smokin  last 3 posts are fire

Adorama has the OG a7 for 400 bucks... i ****** up haha that should have been my first cam purchase
now I'm upset that I bought mines a few months ago for full retail! but I'll be picking up a second body sooner than I thought.

^^^^^Where is that at? Looks dope. Always hated hikers and how people do it as a past time but in the last years, I've found a joy to it but mostly in the photo sense. A lot of cool things to capture on hikes.

Finally spending loot on a filter set. This is going to cost me as much as a budget DSLR but it seems it's what you have to do to get legit landscapes.

All this........

51gb3gRmbDL._AC_US160_.jpg
5104mVOEWzL._AC_US160_.jpg
51ijYhJbk7L._AC_US160_.jpg

Creates this......minus the gradient ND filter.

System-in-Action-2.jpg

And I get to shoot stuff like this finally.....

2c5bb468fba2295a2cdab549ffc950ee

And it only costs $694.85!!!!!. God damn.

^ you hated hikers? That's almost as messed up as spending all that cash on something that you'll have to hike to to use.

^^^^^^^Haha. This was when I was 28 and back in 2009 and I thought it was lame that people did this rather than go out to play hoop or other things that I thought were "cooler". I blame it on my immaturity and me being that narrow minded person. Also mind you this was when people hiked and didn't make it a whole Instagram thing. I was like "what is so fun about walking miles and miles on end?!". But now and even if it is a Instagram thing, I rather enjoy it and find it peaceful and constructive.

sheesh! does that hold both threaded filters & square filters?

here's an interesting interview with a cat that has been analog/darkroom printing for magnum photos, it is tangentially related to the discussion on cropping/printing from a view pages back, good reading & cool to see some of the details of his approach to making a print

www.gupmagazine.com/articles/keep-it-simple-an-interview-with-magnum-printer-pablo-inirio

it has to be something like the nikon 14-24 that doesn't allow for screw on filters.  Its the only way that it is "justifiable"

Yup. It's for the Tamron 15-30mm lens which is very similar tot he Nikone 14-24mm. Since the glass has a bulbous front end, normal traditional filters don't work. Canon's 11-24mm did it right with their rear filter slot but Tamron never made that and because of it, 3rd party manufacturers had to make a sleeve type filter unit.

This is the video review for the filter set. Yes you can put square filters on it but you have to buy the "wings" to go with it. The screw on filters for this are 145mm!!!

^ Do you shoot canon or nikon?  Just curious, as if you were to get the 15-30, why not get something like the 16-35 that can use traditional filter sizes?

^ Do you shoot canon or nikon?  Just curious, as if you were to get the 15-30, why not get something like the 16-35 that can use traditional filter sizes?

Canon. I wanted a wider lens. I know 15mm is marginally wider but every bit helps. Plus that Tamron got rave reviews and just kind of beats every ultra-wide angle lens out there. It shoots f/2.8 and is as sharp in the corners as the 16-35mm f/4, has IS, is weather sealed and is even cheaper than most of the lenses. The only downside it had was the filters. I know this sort of brings the price up but even your other filters for the 16-35mm are about the same price as the one I am getting. I guess good filters in general are just expensive.

That's really wide. What are you shooting? I ran into an issue with group shots where I couldn't fit everyone in even with a high up vantage point (standing on a seat). Recently purchased a 20mm and 24mm prime since the widest focal length I have now is 28mm. I like the 20, but I have a feeling I'd be doing a lot more cropping than I want so may just return that one and keep the 24mm.

That's really wide. What are you shooting? I ran into an issue with group shots where I couldn't fit everyone in even with a high up vantage point (standing on a seat). Recently purchased a 20mm and 24mm prime since the widest focal length I have now is 28mm. I like the 20, but I have a feeling I'd be doing a lot more cropping than I want so may just return that one and keep the 24mm.

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark 3. My setup is getting really heavy with the body, lens and now this filter.

I think 24mm is as wide as you can get if you are shooting group shots or even portraits. 35mm would do the trick too. Anything wider, people will get stretched out on the corners. 20mm would be good for landscapes but I wouldn't use other than that. I use my Tamron for some portrait stuff but I use it sparingly or shoot at 24mm to make sure everything is proportionate.

Since this past was Worldwide Instagram 13 (WWI13) I was able to go to a few of them. Here's one from Saturdays early meet, 6AM sunrise. It was amazing to see San Francisco from a different view.

Will post more from the Instagram meets, events, lifestyle and weddings. slowly catching up.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

Been using my camera a little bit more this month. Still a very new beginner so I have a lot to learn and soak in. Gonna start using lightroom/photo editing software when I get a new computer.

Any 5d mk II users messing with Magic Lantern RAW hack?

been playing with it the past few days, wondering if anyone has any input/experience?

Word.

I've been scoutin out filter kits for a minute. Think I'm gonna go wit the Formatt-Hitech holder and the Lee big stopper

^^^^^Where is that at? Looks dope. Always hated hikers and how people do it as a past time but in the last years, I've found a joy to it but mostly in the photo sense. A lot of cool things to capture on hikes.

Finally spending loot on a filter set. This is going to cost me as much as a budget DSLR but it seems it's what you have to do to get legit landscapes.

All this........

51gb3gRmbDL._AC_US160_.jpg
5104mVOEWzL._AC_US160_.jpg
51ijYhJbk7L._AC_US160_.jpg

Creates this......minus the gradient ND filter.

System-in-Action-2.jpg

And I get to shoot stuff like this finally.....

2c5bb468fba2295a2cdab549ffc950ee

^^^^Dude......love your edits and shots. What do you shoot with again?

I am due for a god damn trip. I need to go to Asia finally.

Back
Top Bottom