The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

is mostly everyone here self taught?

I am also. Learned everything I know by watching youtube videos and searching on google for information I didn't know. That includes how to use the camera and LR4/CS4.

Last edited:
Sup fam!

I'm going to be giving away a framed print of mine soon!

Follow me on Instagram and stay tuned!

@anthonysees93

My D40 from maybe 5 years ago is kinda beat up. Not sure whats wrong with it. Im not trying to get back into photography since I never learned the proper techniques. I just used automatic mode.

Anyone know how much it is to fix up a D40? Are the pictures it takes still "up to standard" with todays cameras?

I am also. Learned everything I know by watching youtube videos and searching on google for information I didn't know. That includes how to use the camera and LR4/CS4.

I read some books that I bought from Amazon or got as gifts. I still haven't finished this book on exposure, but I think its because I already knew the basics by the time I got it. I should read it anyways.

Also, picked up some things from a friend and stuff I read on the internet. I still don't think I have unleashed the full potential of my camera (or maybe its like my post processing that is lacking. I'm still on LR2 lol. Probably will upgrade when I get home this summer and format my desktop).

@picasso swerve - Sure you might have an old camera, but you can unlock much more possibilities if you know how to use it. I'm using a rebel xs (picked up in 2008) with 17-55mm f2.8. I'd consider learning how to use it and then looking into an upgrade if are considering getting back into it. Other than that I'm sure it will do. If its currently not functioning I would consider the cost of fixing it and buying a new one. If its differences of $200 or so, I would just go for a new model. I'm sure lots of ppl would have more suggestions as well or better input. :nerd:

Last edited:
HELP!!

I just picked up a brand new 6D with 24-105mm kit at my local best buy. comes with 2 boxes, 1 white and 1 canon box (both not/no sealed).

I got home to play with it..when i mount the lens and look through the view finder it was dirty as hell! lots of black specks maybe 5-6 and looks like finger print. when looking through view finder with out lens it looks like smudge oil.

The battery is currently dead and charging right now.

I would like to know if this normal?

Im planning of returning it or get a replacement. :smh: i was excited to play with it.

THANKS!

HELP!!

I just picked up a brand new 6D with 24-105mm kit at my local best buy. comes with 2 boxes, 1 white and 1 canon box (both not/no sealed).

I got home to play with it..when i mount the lens and look through the view finder it was dirty as hell! lots of black specks maybe 5-6 and looks like finger print. when looking through view finder with out lens it looks like smudge oil.

Im planning of returning it or get a replacement. :smh: i was excited to play with it.

THANKS!

hell no.

take that **** back and tell them what's up. it was probably returned and accidentally sold as new. punks

HELP!!

THANKS!

Get a replacement or your money back. How much did you drop?

Get a replacement or your money back. How much did you drop?

Thanks for the reply.

I got it for $1999, I think im going to return it or get a replacement.

after watching some unboxing video from youtube it looks like the one i got is already been opened. camera and lens are not where supposed to.:smh:

Sup all, long time lurker of nt finally joined a few months back. Just a couple pics of my recent pickups.

^ good question. I need to know where to start :nerd:

start with your specific camera, just learning how to use it to get what you want is a good place to start because #knowingishalfthebattle...once you can do than, just take start taking a whole lot of pictures, but try to do so with a something of discerning, focused eye towards a goal; over time your skill/taste should develop. and of course you can expedite and/or supplement this process with knowledge from books/interwebs/talking to like minded to/with like-minded folks...

Thanks, homie.

Actually, they're with my Fuji X100. Apparently, the Fuji X Series cameras were made to emulate film. The real trick though, was using the VSCO presets in Lightroom :lol:
I'm guessing these are downloadable add ons?
Quick search and it seems like you have to pay for them? I'll have to dig deeper but I'm sure its free somewhere or some sort of alternative.

Found this: http://www.fujixseries.com/discussi...that-vsco-is-too-expensive.-lightroom-only/p1
sharing and saving to read later when I get the time.

HAHAHA... My bad, I meant the photography SCENE wasn't too good. That's why I said now I live in an oversaturated market haha. Sorry about that homie. Pics are good.

Nah I wasn't mad .. Honestly I'm looking for critiques , anything that making me better as a photographer.

Honestly I have no idea the kind of photography scene that's here, I just grab my camera and shoot. I'm fairly new to doing street photography, I just find it awkward to randomly take pics of people esp. here in Baltimore.

Where you live at now?

Nah I wasn't mad .. Honestly I'm looking for critiques , anything that making me better as a photographer.

Honestly I have no idea the kind of photography scene that's here, I just grab my camera and shoot. I'm fairly new to doing street photography, I just find it awkward to randomly take pics of people esp. here in Baltimore.

Where you live at now?

Pembroke Pines, FL. Literally the other side of the street is Miramar. I'm 30 mins from South Beach, hence the oversaturation of photographers. Is street photography what you want to do? If you want to do portraits you should check out the meet and greets at the Graffiti Warehouse.

Alright I've rounded out my primary shooting ranges...picked up a 70-200 tamron. Man...I just gotta keep telling myself it's an investment.

Back
Top Bottom