The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Thanks!

How's that 28mm?

Pretty sure it'll be my next lens... the 24mm L would be nice but that price tag! :wow:

It's one of my fave lens. I bought it for my 60D a year ago and used it as my version of the "nifty 50" (crop factor). It's awesome for it's wide angle however the image quality isn't tack sharp like the 24L or 35L. If you have the money to buy any of those lenses, don't hesitate. If you're on a budget then the 28mm is the way to go or maybe you should look at the 35 f/2 (another cheap alt.).

Sample shots with my 28mm f1.8 on my 60D:

And now the 28mm 1.8 with the 5d:

Hope this helps... and also, i found this site helpful before purchasing any lens: http://photozone.de/

Last edited:
So I purchased a Nikon d3100 Last year have not really used it but I am about to go live in europe for 3 years so I wanna take plenty Pictures any websites with tips info or books i need to get the best use out of my camera?

fong: dope landscape shots. color saturation is sick.

nike submission to the flickr group:

great shot

So I purchased a Nikon d3100 Last year have not really used it but I am about to go live in europe for 3 years so I wanna take plenty Pictures any websites with tips info or books i need to get the best use out of my camera?

check the first post.
what are you going to do in europe?

It's one of my fave lens. I bought it for my 60D a year ago and used it as my version of the "nifty 50" (crop factor). It's awesome for it's wide angle however the image quality isn't tack sharp like the 24L or 35L. If you have the money to buy any of those lenses, don't hesitate. If you're on a budget then the 28mm is the way to go or maybe you should look at the 35 f/2 (another cheap alt.).

Sample shots with my 28mm f1.8 on my 60D:

And now the 28mm 1.8 with the 5d:

Hope this helps... and also, i found this site helpful before purchasing any lens: http://photozone.de/
Thanks!

I read that when shooting wide open, it's not really sharp.

Shooting at 2.5 or above should be cool though. This 50mm isn't wide enough mayneeee!

Don't have flickr.
My goal was to get into portraiture...

time to clean your sensor.

You see that!? I know. Im gonna go pick up one of those Rocket blowers from the local camera store this week. Hopefully all I have to do is just blow it in there a few times. I saw some small cleaning kits while watching videos related to the one Fong posted in reply to my post the other day. By the way, thanks for that Fong!

You see that!? I know. Im gonna go pick up one of those Rocket blowers from the local camera store this week. Hopefully all I have to do is just blow it in there a few times. I saw some small cleaning kits while watching videos related to the one Fong posted in reply to my post the other day. By the way, thanks for that Fong!

No doubt. I am actually going to buy a blower soon too. I went to shoot yesterday and I had 3 things on my sensor as well. I never had so much issues with sensor cleaning ever with my other two cameras. The Mark 2 for whatever reason always gets dirty. Mind you I have been shooting in some harsh conditions but I think I even done that with my Nikon.

Just two random shots. I tried shooting a decent amount yesterday but all came out pretty crappy. These are whatever but it's just something to post:

No doubt. I am actually going to buy a blower soon too. I went to shoot yesterday and I had 3 things on my sensor as well. I never had so much issues with sensor cleaning ever with my other two cameras. The Mark 2 for whatever reason always gets dirty. Mind you I have been shooting in some harsh conditions but I think I even done that with my Nikon.

Just two random shots. I tried shooting a decent amount yesterday but all came out pretty crappy. These are whatever but it's just something to post:

Happen to know what all the construction is for? Might be a dumb question

Happen to know what all the construction is for? Might be a dumb question

My buddy lives across the street and he said it will be a police station I think. I could be wrong though.

And Rolo....love the pics. Saw it on Instagram and couldn't believe the clouds. Wow man.

Last edited:
Anybody looking for a cheap DSLR?

I have a sony a200 body in pretty good shape that I don't use. Would sell for $220 shipped. You can get a kit lens for $50

Back
Top Bottom