The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

you guys have some great photos! here is a shot in bulb mode, i tried to get a wdywt shot using my onboard flash but that was not strong enough :frown:

Thanks! From looking at your photo's from Fishermans Wharf did you use the tripod for those shots? May look into getting this tripod since I mainly wanted to take pics from twin peaks/treasure island at night.

Yup. All using a tripod. Had to take a good couple cause some cars moved and some cars didn't and I wanted pics with no movement at all. Like I said, it is a total pain to setup these photos especially with foot traffic and rain but after you get that shot, it is all worth it. I use to even make fun of folks with tripods thinking they just didn't have fast lenses. Boy was I wrong.

2morrowbegins2day....Nice shots. I need to really learn how to fix my white balance better. I like my shots but I feel like I need to have it more on a blue hue. For some reason with this Canon, I am having a harder time fixing it but I am also not doing custom white balance as well. I need to find some sort of white thing to carry with me.

Ditto Fong! I'm glad to see your collection of pics aren't Fisheye heavy (not that they were bad or anything). Your last set was dope, great compositions/detail & color.

Canons lean a bit more toward warmer color temperatures (urks the hell outta me). I usually just fix it in post (LR4). Also, I shoot in Neutral (picture style) and found that it helps me bring out truer (or cooler) tones in post.

Last edited:
Who here shoots RAW?

I've been shooting RAW since I had my Rebel XT.

I don't worry about having the correct white balance as I could easily correct it inside Camera Raw.

Last edited:
Thanks! Giving the settings will help noobs like myself. Love that pic khankussionz, I want to try some long exposures. If you were shooting fireworks would you use a longer exposure?

Tried something new today. I turned the ISO all the way up on my camera and took a few shots earlier. I even shot in Tiff format.. 100+ Mb files, SMH.. Had an idea that I figured no one else would do for the "Long Exposure" theme. When I was done with my pic, my model wanted to take some pictures so he could look at himself.
Seen this on the photography website that I lurk on.. http://content.photojojo.com/tips/7-new-year-projects/ a great website for amateur and pros alike, I always find useful tips and stuff on here. I might even join and participate in their forum.

ISO H2.0 by Wills Lost Camera, on Flickr

Follower by Wills Lost Camera, on Flickr

David by Wills Lost Camera, on Flickr

If you just want to carry your tripod on you without your bag, just put your camera strap on ur tripod and carry it on ur back..

Last edited:
Like this weeks theme...Gonna try and get more shots tomorrow night
happy.gif

007 of 365 - Metro Stop by Benssick.
Love it 

Yup. All using a tripod. Had to take a good couple cause some cars moved and some cars didn't and I wanted pics with no movement at all. Like I said, it is a total pain to setup these photos especially with foot traffic and rain but after you get that shot, it is all worth it. I use to even make fun of folks with tripods thinking they just didn't have fast lenses. Boy was I wrong.

Haha I've been meaning to get a tripod for a while now just haven't been able to find a sturdy one I guess. I'll definitely have to get one by the summer time. Want to get some nice sunset shots by the beach.

Who here shoots RAW?

I've been shooting RAW since I had my Rebel XT.

I don't worry about having the correct white balance as I could easily correct it inside Camera Raw.

I always shoot in raw even though it takes up a lot of space. Great long exposure shots guys!

DSC_0355-1 by Yanky4585, on Flickr

My first long exposure shot I took back on Halloween. I thought it was great back then but now that I look at it I see that there is too much distraction with the light poles taking away the focus from the buildings. :/ Once I get that tripod I will be putting in work to get some decent long exposure shots.

Raw by Yanky4585, on Flickr

iso-100, f/14, 22mm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom