The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Hmm reading that on a full frame its more like a 17-25. I really want that exegerrated look. Still may be my best option for my price range?

You dont have to ask me personally. Just post it here and ask for critiques. There are plenty of people here that are more than capable on giving you great feedback.

What camera and lens do you have?

Canon t6i I have the kit lens and also a 50mm

No this will not work with a 6D. 6D is a FF camera and this is made for APS-C cameras.
Yes, this is what I have, I have an 80d and a T7i
this will work for your cameras since they are crop bodies. The 6D is a FF camera.

Hmm reading that on a full frame its more like a 17-25. I really want that exegerrated look. Still may be my best option for my price range?
I think you're confused. On a FF which you have, whatever the lens is, that will actually be the distance. On a crop body, you'll roughtly x1.6 ( for a zoom distance). In other words a 10-22mm on a crop body is the equivalent of 16-35 on a FF. I hope I'm not confusing you.

Canon 80D (APS-C) w/10-22mm = Canon 6D (FullFrame) w/16-35L when it comes to distance.

I can't believe they're already on the t7i. Feels like just yesterday I bought the t2i as my first DSLR :wow:

Alameda+1.jpg

Heading to the city right now by the west side highway... see what I can shoot if ya have any suggestions please let me know.

No this will not work with a 6D. 6D is a FF camera and this is made for APS-C cameras.
this will work for your cameras since they are crop bodies. The 6D is a FF camera.

I think you're confused. On a FF which you have, whatever the lens is, that will actually be the distance. On a crop body, you'll roughtly x1.6 ( for a zoom distance). In other words a 10-22mm on a crop body is the equivalent of 16-35 on a FF. I hope I'm not confusing you.

Canon 80D (APS-C) w/10-22mm = Canon 6D (FullFrame) w/16-35L when it comes to distance.

It says EF mount tho? It should work on the 6D.

EF mounts = fullframe and crop
EF-S = only crop.

Heading to the city right now by the west side highway... see what I can shoot if ya have any suggestions please let me know.
Westside Highway? ****. Nothing really that interest me, but that's not to say you cant find something nice to shoot. If you get all the way to the heights you can shoot the GW with some light trails. If you go downtown by the One world you can do the same. Anything in between I'm not particularly interested in. But against, that's for me ....
D1061_199_137_1200.jpg
Screenshot_20180826-211817_Chrome.jpg

It says EF mount tho? It should work on the 6D.

EF mounts = fullframe and crop
EF-S = only crop.
It probably mounts and still get some use, but I dont think it be useful at 11 thru 14, you might get heavy vignettes. But, I'm not an expert and I never tried that lens.

Westside Highway? ****. Nothing really that interest me, but that's not to say you cant find something nice to shoot. If you get all the way to the heights you can shoot the GW with some light trails. If you go downtown by the One world you can do the same. Anything in between I'm not particularly interested in. But against, that's for me ....
D1061_199_137_1200.jpg
Screenshot_20180826-211817_Chrome.jpg

Edit: went to the west side and you right couldn’t find anything that attracted me. Currently back at the Verrazano.

Last edited:
It probably mounts and still get some use, but I dont think it be useful at 11 thru 14, you might get heavy vignettes. But, I'm not an expert and I never tried that lens.

Yeah I read I can only use it 14-16.

Can you recommend another wide angle for my 6D? Looking at the Canon 17-40 f/4 right now or the 17-35 f/2.8

The 17-35 is about $250 more, wonder if it would be worth it to just get that as I wanted the Prime 35mm 2.0 anyways. Woudnt be as sharp but id the wide angle I wanted and a 35mm with a f/2.8.

I actually want it to be able to distort images as well but want to avoid the vignetting.

43D81F11-74D9-4515-B651-979011BB906E.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah I read I can only use it 14-16.

Can you recommend another wide angle for my 6D? Looking at the Canon 17-40 f/4 right now or the 17-35 f/2.8

The 17-35 is about $250 more, wonder if it would be worth it to just get that as I wanted the Prime 35mm 2.0 anyways. Woudnt be as sharp but id the wide angle I wanted and a 35mm with a f/2.8.

I actually want it to be able to distort images as well but want to avoid the vignetting.

43D81F11-74D9-4515-B651-979011BB906E.jpeg
I haven't head bad things in regards to the 17-40mm. It's a budget lens and it will perforn.

Not sure what lens is the 17-35, you probably mean the 16-35 2.8. I have never used it or have experience, but I believe I read it was soft and it didnt have IS. However, I'm not sure.

The 16-36 II is better but again not as sharp and the 16-35 III is a great lens and very sharp all around.

If I had to pi k between the 16-35 original and the 17-40 I personally would pick the 17-40 as I dont need the extra stops.

But if you can afford a bit more and dont need the 2.8, i highly suggest the 16-35 f/4. I love that lens.

BTW, dont you have a bunch of Yezzies and high value sneakers? Why you getting a budget lens? You can afford it. LoL

That looks much better than the original image you posted. Seems a lot sharper too. Good Job.

Thank you. Changing my F stop and slow shutter helped a lot. I’ll be in downtown BK this week if you recommend any specific scenarios at night to shoot let me know.

#experimentsinphotochoppin

just messing around, kinda falls apart upon close examination but it's a technique that could be useful:

_DSC9380-Edit.jpg

_DSC9380.jpg

I haven't head bad things in regards to the 17-40mm. It's a budget lens and it will perforn.

Not sure what lens is the 17-35, you probably mean the 16-35 2.8. I have never used it or have experience, but I believe I read it was soft and it didnt have IS. However, I'm not sure.

The 16-36 II is better but again not as sharp and the 16-35 III is a great lens and very sharp all around.

If I had to pi k between the 16-35 original and the 17-40 I personally would pick the 17-40 as I dont need the extra stops.

But if you can afford a bit more and dont need the 2.8, i highly suggest the 16-35 f/4. I love that lens.

BTW, dont you have a bunch of Yezzies and high value sneakers? Why you getting a budget lens? You can afford it. LoL

Yeah I copped the 16-35 f/4. I said eff it. :lol:

The 17-35 is the old version of it.

^^^Right on! I think I'll check out the Rocky Mountain National Park. About an hour and a half drive from the airport which isn't too bad.

^^^Right on! I think I'll check out the Rocky Mountain National Park. About an hour and a half drive from the airport which isn't too bad.

I also wanted to visit Mt. Evans which is also about 1.5 hrs away from Denver but unfortunately I had to cut it off the itinerary because my flight got delayed so I had to cut it out. Don't know how long you're there for but might be worth checking out.

I know it isn't really a 'landscape' but the Denver Art Museum is a nice building to check out if you're downtown.

Pearl Street Mall in Aurora was a cool spot to walk around and take photos...But not a landscape place lol

I, too, would recommend Mt. Evans.

Back
Top Bottom