The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Going on a cruise to Key West + Cozumel Mexico in about a month. Looking to rent one of those full frame Sony mirror less cameras(A7). What type of lens would you guys recommend to pair up with this bad boy?

Looking to shoot mostly "street photography" type of photos. I was thinking in the 30-35mm range

Either the 16-35 or 24-70 are both Great all around cameras and you have street/portrait all in one. Can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Going on a cruise to Key West + Cozumel Mexico in about a month. Looking to rent one of those full frame Sony mirror less cameras(A7). What type of lens would you guys recommend to pair up with this bad boy?

Looking to shoot mostly "street photography" type of photos. I was thinking in the 30-35mm range

Either the 16-35 or 24-70 are both Great all around cameras and you have street/portrait all in one. Can't go wrong.

Repped..Are these Sony lenses we're talking about or a different brand/manufacturer?

the Sony FE lenses I hear a lot of good things about are the 55mm 1.8 Zeiss and the 85mm GMaster. They can match up against any Canon lense. I don't think Sony has anything in the 30-35mm range that gets rave reviews. I'm sure they have good ones though.

Last edited:
Preset lyfe

What preset? I feel like I may or may not use the same one haha

Copper :nerd:

Forgot where I got it from, some online pack.

First attempt at using the nd filter

f/11 0.5 sec out of focus
Thanks.

Also, filters will give you the best results when you have clouds and during sunrise/sunset. Will work mid day but when you don't have anything to beside still objects you lose the effect.

When you using the filter, make sure you focus first without it, switch out to manual then attach the filter. Also if you have a remote use it/buy it, when you start using longer exposures you will need to set to bulb and you will not be able too hold it for several minutes.

This was taken around 7:40am. I got to fort point at 6:30am but it was closed so I went somewhere else for a bit. Was expecting it to be cloudy since it almost always is but i guess I lucked out that morning haha. I did focus first without the filter but I must have changed the focus slightly after, also brought my remote shutter but since a 3 second exposure was just all white I didn't really need it this time. Was planning on going back at night but didn't get a chance to.

Was this hard to shoot during the blizzard? Did you use a cover to protect your camera?
Hard? depends on who you ask. It was literally a Blizzard, was snowing so hard that I could barely see anything pass 20 yards. Some of the spots I went to, I had to walk about 50 yards to get close enough for a shot and the snow was passed my knees .. So it was a good amount of effort. In regards to the camera, by the time I decided to leave, the snow was pretty high. I rushed out the house in time for me not to get plowed in and forgot everything. I did not have a bag/cover, my camera was getting pretty wet but I continue to shoot and whipping it off when I got back in the vehicle.

It was nuts ... The streets where empty and only brave souls were out. So a few cars stranded ...

I went out today but compare to yesterday it was dookie.

Only picture worth posting if that.

Last edited:
^ pretty solid I'd say. I like them. Only things I'd say is that I feel that might be a few too many books on the floor (that poor librarian who had to reshelf them :lol:); and second is that I don't really like the last shot. People posing, and looking at the camera bothers me for some reason. If she is reaching for the book, I feel she should be looking at the book, because that is what she would naturally be doing. Other than those two minor things, I think they look really nice.

Inspired by DJYoung08 latest work...
Leet me know what you guys think. 
It was quick photoshoot with my buddy from grad school for a school project.
Literally took place in between classes, ha. 

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Too kind for saying I inspired you. :lol:

wishing i would have gotten all these dope angles.

my only statement is try some black and white edits! :smile:

My cousin is flying me out to SF to shoot her maternity photos and she's suggested shooting atBaker Beach. Any other places out there I might wanna look into?

Any tips on maternity photos in general? :lol:

My cousin is flying me out to SF to shoot her maternity photos and she's suggested shooting atBaker Beach. Any other places out there I might wanna look into?

Any tips on maternity photos in general?
laugh.gif
Make sure to shoot at the end of Baker Beach. 
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Haha why specifically at the end? From what I've seen on flickr, yeah that's what it looks like. Most photos are taken far away from the bridge
I'm just kidding. If you go down the beach towards the bridge, its an area for folks to nude bathe 
laugh.gif

I'm sure your cousin doesn't want her maternity photos with grandpa swinging free in the background.

Any tips on maternity photos in general? :lol:
Make sure to shoot at the end of Baker Beach. :tongue: :lol:

Biggest tip is to make sure they look pregnant, and not fat. You never want the viewer of the photo to try and figure out if she is pregnant or not. It might sound cheesy, but you get the idea :lol:. Have her try and interact with the belly a bit. Unless it's a 50 year old has been who is proud of his beer gut, people usually don't take pride in their large bellies. So if in the photo, she is holding it or looking at it or whatnot, the view will probably think she's pregnant.

I have this freaking point and shoot camera that I want to get rid of so bad anyway I could possibly trade it for a dslr? 

I have this freaking point and shoot camera that I want to get rid of so bad anyway I could possibly trade it for a dslr? 

What is the point and shoot? Unless it is something like the Sony RX100, the chances are slim.

Back
Top Bottom