The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

a.lon3r is my IG. Im working with a d3300 too Wolf Reynolds. Still fresh to this but I try to snap what I think looks good whenever I get the chance. What lens are you using? I feel weird sometimes carrying my camera around too
laugh.gif
Hey, i literally purchased the camera yesterday, lol so i have the kit lens (18-55mm i believe)

@SquarianAA

Appreciate the kind words, maybe its cuz of my gf? hahah jk
Lol I mean... It's a very well framed picture and creative... 
laugh.gif

Thank you for your critique, I really appreciate it. Its somewhat difficult but I'm just trying to get better at shooting portraits it and sharpen my skills. One of my goals for the year is to start getting paid doing shoots, but i first gotta keep practicing. I would also like to set up a website soon.
Thanks for your advice, I see where the areas where I can get better. Being interactive is probably the hardest thing for me but I plan on doing some research on youtube. Once again thank you for your input.
Yeah ik whatcha mean dude lol, it's hard being a little more interactive cause for me, I'm more of a quiet person. 

TOO MUCH FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Man your processing is so smooth and consistent. Absolutely love it.

Subbed to your channel too :pimp:

My IG: dvsonm

I always forget to post here so my ig is more frequent. I follow a few of you here and everyone who I haven't followed I will. Shout to NT for all the info you guys provide to us rookies. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

jordansf jordansf [emoji]128293[/emoji] [emoji]128293[/emoji] Dope!

Does anyone know how I can get my shutter count? Found a site but didn't work for some reason.

Question since I don't shoot events or weddings.

I have a duo that contacted me in regards to promotional images. They are requesting three images 1 horizontal 1 vertical 1 square ... Normally what would be you guys quote?

Grinding out these tutorial videos photography fam!! Episode 4 is up. I dive into the split toning some on this edit.

Teach Me How to Lightroom - 04 - Cinematic Color Grading

Link to the RAW file is in the description of the video :D

Originally Posted by JordanSF  

Nice! This looks familiar, think I've seen it on those before & after drought comparison pictures on a news site. Is this a bridge in Cali?

Being mainly a landscape shooter when I first got into portraits, none of my presets I created worked for portraits so I had to take a whole different approach in editing. I always try to make the skin tone look as much as it does in real life. You could see that the neon light is being reflected off her skin, but you could still recover her natural tone if you fix the reds/magentas by playing around the hue first if that make sense.
The bridge is a few miles north of a place called Banks, Idaho which has a population of about 15-20  
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice on the skin. I was more focused on the overall color of the area around the girl that I didn't realize I turned her into a grape. Here's a redo with more focus on her. I still need a lot of practice though

Last edited:
The bridge is a few miles north of a place called Banks, Idaho which has a population of about 15-20  :lol:

Thanks for the advice on the skin. I was more focused on the overall color of the area around the girl that I didn't realize I turned her into a grape. Here's a redo with more focus on her. I still need a lot of practice though

LL

I don't know why this is so funny to me!

My dude said turned her into a grape :rofl:

:pimp: on the edit though. I genuinely really enjoy seeing other people's take on the edit on my images. Its really fun to see.

Editing portraits is crazy cuz if you look sight of the person in frame its easy to make a dope background and have the skin of the subject look bizarre

Question since I don't shoot events or weddings.

I have a duo that contacted me in regards to promotional images. They are requesting three images 1 horizontal 1 vertical 1 square ... Normally what would be you guys quote?
DYoung?

Commercial shoot for a company?

Its always tough for me cuz I really don't know how to charge people who are actually companies. :lol:

For example, a client of mine opened up a gym and I talked to them last night... they literally want ONE image in their shot list this Saturday to use for promotion. I'm gonna charge them $150. I legit have no idea what I'm doing with my pricing on that though. If anyone needs help in this territory its me :lol:

Then I have another event with them for 2.5 hours of their grand opening and im charging them a rate per hour as i normally would for an event... but I give them the total project price. I dont say "10$ per hour for 2.5hrs is $25"... I just say this project is "25$". This to me is much easier to quote

Commercial shoot for a company?

Its always tough for me cuz I really don't know how to charge people who are actually companies. :lol:

For example, a client of mine opened up a gym and I talked to them last night... they literally want ONE image in their shot list this Saturday to use for promotion. I'm gonna charge them $150. I legit have no idea what I'm doing with my pricing on that though. If anyone needs help in this territory its me :lol:

Then I have another event with them for 2.5 hours of their grand opening and im charging them a rate per hour as i normally would for an event... but I give them the total project price. I dont say "10$ per hour for 2.5hrs is $25"... I just say this project is "25$". This to me is much easier to quote
Normally for test shoots for agencies I charge 150 per look per image.

This is a bit different but i'm just going to stick to that.

most people don't want to pay 450 for three images .... But if they want quality that's on the cheap end. Reality is that someone is willing to do more than just 3 for 100 if that. LoL

People out there that'll trade 'em for exposure lol pics come out looking like Fisher Price but it was cheap

Back
Top Bottom