The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

i guess technically something close to those images could be achievable with the proper lighting with a good smartphone, though the post production side would be a whole lot easier to do with a larger sensor camera, the sensor on the camera you bought is probably the same size or maybe slightly bigger than what is in your iphone... cameras can be quite the complicated thing, i'd recommend something like a used rx100 all are much better cameras than what you bought, all in your budget...that said it still will require some good lighting/knowledge to make the images stand out...

Thanks a lot for your help. I did a little bit of research but ended up going into Best Buy and they helped me out there. Ended up getting a Sony a6000 and added on a 50mm lense too. I love it! Ended up spending more than I thought but this is the quality I was looking for

Shot a lot this weekend, one of my favorites from today

Edit: Will be re-uploading this, messed up my radial filter, didn't look like this last night after editing in LR

Last edited:
i also agree with the first photo for the depth lol. just shows more of the area. the second looks more tidy and what not, but the first photo tells more of a story if you will. something id love to see on film if it isnt. especially black and white lol

I am currently in the market for a new lens....

Current setup:

Nikon D3200/D3300(kit lens 18-55mm)

Nikon 35mm 1.8

Nikon 85mm 1.8

Nikon SB 600

With this in mind, I am now trying to acquire a "Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC Ultra Wide Angle Fixed Lens w/ Built-in AE Chip for Nikon" because it is a wide angle prime lens (a true 21mm when considering the crop sensor on the two bodies I own) and the price which is below the $400.....

What do you guys think? Worth it? Is there another lens I should look at.....?

Thanks

I am currently in the market for a new lens....

Current setup:
Nikon D3200/D3300(kit lens 18-55mm)
Nikon 35mm 1.8
Nikon 85mm 1.8
Nikon SB 600

With this in mind, I am now trying to acquire a "Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC Ultra Wide Angle Fixed Lens w/ Built-in AE Chip for Nikon" because it is a wide angle prime lens (a true 21mm when considering the crop sensor on the two bodies I own) and the price which is below the $400.....

What do you guys think? Worth it? Is there another lens I should look at.....?

Thanks

Those Rokinon lenses are solid. I've tried the non chipped ones, but never owned them just cause I'm pretty trash at manual focus. :lol:

Man, I'm so scared to buy used stuff online.

I see A7R2s at like 2500, then randomly one at 2200. Feels too good to be true.

Every lens i own was purchased used.

My first full frame camera was purchased used

I bought my 5d mark 3 new as a "treat" to myself.

Obviously I'm not afraid to buy used. :lol:

I purchased all my used gear on amazon and they have an outstanding return policy. You literally just send it back :lol:

what is the best book someone can recommend me where i can learn all the fundamentals?
YouTube ... Really ... Just learn about aperture / shutter / ISO / Histogram / focal lens / etc ... Just take one at a time and you can find most of the fondumentals to use your camera in Manual ... Then from there add to customs settings and develop your shoting status .. From there start learning post production ...

I purchased all my used gear on amazon and they have an outstanding return policy. You literally just send it back :lol:

The buyer is usually protected using Paypal right? If something is wrong, I can dispute it and get my money back relatively easily?

I'm thinking about buying from FredMiranda. Idk if you would know since you said you buy from Amazon.

Last edited:
The buyer is usually protected using Paypal right? If something is wrong, I can dispute it and get my money back relatively easily?

I'm thinking about buying from FredMiranda. Idk if you would know since you said you buy from Amazon.
FM and POTN are great places to find used gear but like anything you are always running a risk when buying online.

unfortunately, since i've done all my transactions on amazon, i dont know.

But honestly, any seller with a reputation at stake has it in their best interest to deliver exactly what they're selling.

There always is a risk though.

Man, I'm so scared to buy used stuff online.

I see A7R2s at like 2500, then randomly one at 2200. Feels too good to be true.

I see one for $2100.

90% of my equipment is used. Never had any issues. Make sure you develop some type of trust with the seller and also only browse reputable avenues of the second hand market.

Back
Top Bottom