The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's the thing...with this rule change, it theoretically wouldn't affect your number of possessions,. You just simply have to play smarter the possessions where you would have foul baited in the past. That might mean setting something up for a teammate or trying to get a better legitimate shot. I understand it's lower % but it if you're shooting 7-10 FT per game this only impacts 3-5 possessions per game and you're not baiting every time so it's probably 1-3 possessions. It's really not THAT deep.
Not even, this makes defense a viable option in the nba outside the final 2min mark when refs finally choose to “stay out of the game”. A defender can’t kick their legs under a shooter but a shooter can kick a defender? Naw. This is just one example lol

20211029_105454.jpg

Come on brah. You gotta be able to handle a season with expectations and everything that comes with it. You just gonna read the posts after wins? lol
I’ll catch up I always do but nothing that’s been said will change what I had to say … plus I didn’t get home till 12 so I went straight to sleep

Edit
Caught up …
everything that was posted lined up with my rant … 😂

Fire up the trade machine! Passive aggressive Bron byke

I gotta watch bum *** Westbrook while the Bulls fans get to watch Caruso. What is life.

Bulls really need some depth, especially in the frontcourt
RJ gets buckets
RJ , Ju & Cardiac K ate all game
Bulls are too thin compared to this Knicks team.
LaVine looks like he's gonna swing on a ref. :lol:

he should’ve gota tech(as I predicted yesterday) but they knew he wasn’t lying!

Derozan had a drive going to the basket but everybody wants to be MJ.
DeRozan wanna be Kobe so bad. :lol:

Last edited:
It's like the infield shift in baseball. Pull hitters hitting like .240 would be hitting .300+ if it wasn't for the shift and they still don't adapt and just slap it the other way :lol:
You’d think with all the smart people and analytics they would have figured it out.

Not even, this makes defense a viable option in the nba outside the final 2min mark when refs finally choose to “stay out of the game”. A defender can’t kick their legs under a shooter but a shooter can kick a defender? Naw. This is just one example lol
You’d think with all the smart people and analytics they would have figured it out.

It seems lowkey selfish. Like bro, maybe you set John Collins up with a lob or let KD get a pull-up 3. I think it's because people remember the 15, 20 FTA games. Most Harden has averaged is 12. Trae was 9. Dame 8.

Stupid sample size but compared to last year Dame is -3, Trae and Harden are -4. So they're *****ing and moaning about 1-2 possessions. FOH.

It seems lowkey selfish. Like bro, maybe you set John Collins up with a lob or let KD get a pull-up 3. I think it's because people remember the 15, 20 FTA games. Most Harden has averaged is 11. Trae was 9. Dame 8.

Stupid sample size but compared to last year Dame is -3, Trae and Harden are -4. So they're *****ing and moaning about 1-2 possessions. FOH.

Trae is making plays still though. He’s putting up 24 and 10. Mans just wants body contact called. I’m assuming he’s still amongst the league leaders in drives per game.

The non foul baiting calls have been a revelation. I'm legit enjoying the games much more, I knew it was a positive change but I didn't realize how much more fun it would be in reality

A Hawks/Trae fan should compile some clips of him getting fouled with no call. Need the evidence to judge

Trae is making plays still though. He’s putting up 24 and 10. Mans just wants body contact called. I’m assuming he’s still amongst the league leaders in drives per game.

Oh no, Trae is definitely making plays out there. I actually like Trae. I'm just approaching this with the assumption that the fewer attempts were due to no-calls because of baiting (which may not be the case but I had to make that assumption for the purpose of this conversation).

My whole point is just that it's not like teams/players are losing possessions because of this. The player just has to do something else but it's moot since it's only 1-3 times per game.

Post the clips.
Man I don’t know how to compile clips :lol: I’m just sayin what I’ve seen watching the games

Overall tho it’s a net benefit for the sport that the kind of non basketball move/baiting calls aren’t being made anymore. Hopefully getting rid of those fouls in transition to stop a fast break is next on the chopping block

Man I don’t know how to compile clips :lol: I’m just sayin what I’ve seen watching the games

Overall tho it’s a net benefit for the sport that the kind of non basketball move calls aren’t being made anymore. Hopefully getting rid of those fouls in transition to stop a fast break is next on the chopping block
The take foul at half court is def a buzzkill. Tbh the defense should be penalized more than just a regular foul for that considering they prob turned the ball over while the opposing team has a huge advantage to score... only to be whistled dead

I find the Caruso memes to be disrespectful/insulting to all the hard work he's put in over the past 5 years. Man went from a G-Leaguer to Minimum Player to a Contributor on a championship team to a defined role as a 6th man at $10MM. Is he Jordan, Kobe or whoever else memes say? No. But he worked his *** off and did something very few people in the basketball world do and wish they could.

I find the Caruso memes to be disrespectful/insulting to all the hard work he's put in over the past 5 years. Man went from a G-Leaguer to Minimum Player to a Contributor on a championship team to a defined role as a 6th man at $10MM. Is he Jordan, Kobe or whoever else memes say? No. But he worked his *** off and did something very few people in the basketball world do and wish they could.

White Patrick Beverly gets more love than the OG. EYE know wheye, but still disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom