The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see the previous Hawks games besides a clip or two but I watched Wizards/Hawks last night and saw nothing unusual.

Trae got what he wanted most of the night, splitting defenders, getting off floaters, throwing lobs. Beal drove to the basket and got ran out of bounds by the defender and they called nothing. But one of the referees was super in his feelings so a lot of the calls got strange.

I don't think the refs missed any calls but after Trae threw his lil elbow at the ref, that guy got all huffy, called a tech and then was super red in the face while explaining the call to the camera, on some "he gone cry in the car".

And that ref called 2 more techs after that. One on John Collins for him trying to punk Davis Bertans :lol:
Then later on Trez for making a shot and then pointing at either the Hawks bench or that ref.
Beal was arguing with refs much of the night about calls. Mostly that one same ref.

NBA really needs to adopt that transition intentional foul rule like the Olympics had too. Kinda surprised they didn't.

Cannot WAIT for this. Been saying it for years and years now. Guys will have more defenders back then offensive players, and just take a foul. It's ridiculous. I could write a page-long rant on it.

PLAY DEFENSE.

He could've had the exact same year as last season & got 4/$60M from someone
Crazy that he was almost a 50/40/90 guy last year (only missed on the FT) and so far early on is on track to do so.. except now he's taking eight 3's a game compared to 4 last season

I mean, will it keep up prob not but ****, he came out the gate going crazy

20211029_105454.jpg
The story on this is crazy :lol:

he was riding the bench and they called him into the office at the end of the season and entire management showed him a video of what he was doing on the bench the entire game.

pouting, sulking, not clapping, and they cut him

Idk how people defend Harden playing like that. He CLEARLY kicks his legs out on 3s and starts falling before the defender is even close. All you need to do to see is a clip of him shooting when he’s open to realize it’s not a normal shooting motion.
Brah, every time you post a critique on a black player I always have a little smirk

The more u force the worse it gets while hooping.Harden going through it

It's probably made way worse right now if his claim that during the offseason he wasn't really hooping because he was rehabbing. So basically he's trying to make a major change to his jumpshot during the regular season :sick: That has to be brutal.

The take foul at half court is def a buzzkill. Tbh the defense should be penalized more than just a regular foul for that considering they prob turned the ball over while the opposing team has a huge advantage to score... only to be whistled dead
Easy solution borrow an idea from what they do in soccer, play advantage and then go back and penalize the player. You do a weak take foul at half court when the break is on allow players to continue but still assess that foul to the player after the next stoppage of play. **** if they really wanna discourage players from doing it let play go on and have it be continuation for a and 1 if the team on the break scores.

The more u force the worse it gets while hooping.Harden going through it
It's not just that. He's been considered the best offensive player for so long and it's been solely based on how he figured out how to game the system. It's the equivalent of a boxer saying they won a fight based entirely on Compubox results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom