The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters

Maybe you already talked about it, but I didn't see it, so...

Which one is more comfortable overall: XI Elite or XII?
I would def go with the 12, although the 11 Elites are not far behind.  The 12's are so comfy that I had to buy the HOL's on the spot after trying them on.  I original only planned on the DATA's and an ID. 

I would say the 12....
Why? I saw everyone praising the XIIs upper comfort, but that Lunarlon and Zoom Air combination "looks" better (I've never worn both) than hex Zoom and Phylon.

From a non tech perspective, they just do. The elite needs to be broken in for me in order to alleviate a pain in the side of my foot. The 12 feels cool out of the box.
That said, Im indifferent on each from a performance perspective as both are more than comfy enough for me.

I think the xi elite had some heel slip issues tho. Can't remember tho.

From a non tech perspective, they just do. The elite needs to be broken in for me in order to alleviate a pain in the side of my foot. The 12 feels cool out of the box.
That said, Im indifferent on each from a performance perspective as both are more than comfy enough for me.

I think the xi elite had some heel slip issues tho. Can't remember tho.

I can't speak to the XII, but I thought the grippy dots in the Elite XI did a good job of reducing/eliminating heel slip. At least for me.

You don't really feel the zoom enough on the lunar-zoom combo but it does help prevent complete bottoming out.

I know this isn't the Id thread but the 12's are soooooooooo much better than the XI.

I don't understand how it can even be debated.
I must've missed the sarcasm or y'all rocking beer goggles

LMAO I told y'all stop putting the XIs next to the XIIs like that...The XIs will win everytime

Just look at the degree of poopage its laying on the XIIs. It's even sitting above it so that it has the right leverage to get its poop on properly

C'mon son, it's just not fair

I must've missed the sarcasm or y'all rocking beer goggles

LMAO I told y'all stop putting the XIs next to the XIIs like that...The XIs will win everytime

Just look at the degree of poopage its laying on the XIIs. It's even sitting above it so that it has the right leverage to get its poop on properly

C'mon son, it's just not fair

...nope, you're wrong.

I would say 12 leaps and bounds above XI Elites, but I hated the fit of the XI Elites, killed my feet and felt very stiff when hooping.  
Did you break them in or was it the TPU shanks?

Also (this one's for everyone), does the Foamposite panels molds to the feet or they are there just for containment?

My favorite bron I own. 4 is my favorite model
Nice.
pimp.gif

I still have this pair, along with the white/navy.

I regret passing on the Blackout IVs.
mean.gif

Also (this one's for everyone), does the Foamposite panels molds to the feet or they are there just for containment?
To the second part of your question -- if you're talking about the XII, the foam panels may mold some to your foot (particularly the part on the lateral side with the swoosh), but I would say not quite the same molding that you get with the XI posite

To the second part of your question -- if you're talking about the XII, the foam panels may mold some to your foot (particularly the part on the lateral side with the swoosh), but I would say not quite the same molding that you get with the XI posite
No, I was talking bout the XI Elite. I heard some people saying its panels are way thinner than the regular XI's.

But thanks anyway, I wanted to know if XII's Posite would mold too. 

No, I was talking bout the XI Elite. I heard some people saying its panels are way thinner than the regular XI's.

But thanks anyway, I wanted to know if XII's Posite would mold too. 
Gotcha -- no prob.  Yeah I've only played in the regular XI

I don't know that I ever "officially" broke them in, but I just felt that the Elites were incredibly stiffer than the regular XI's, which were fine for me right out of the box. The Elites felt extremely rigid in the midfoot, the shanks weren't going to break in for me no matter how many times I played in them. The upper was fine, just had a very odd flex point, that wasn't comfortable or conducive to my feet.

I don't know that I ever "officially" broke them in, but I just felt that the Elites were incredibly stiffer than the regular XI's, which were fine for me right out of the box. The Elites felt extremely rigid in the midfoot, the shanks weren't going to break in for me no matter how many times I played in them. The upper was fine, just had a very odd flex point, that wasn't comfortable or conducive to my feet.
Good to know these things. The XI Elites cost about 400 dollars where I live. Know how they feel/fitwork helps me a lot with my decision.

Good to know these things. The XI Elites cost about 400 dollars where I live. Know how they feel/fitwork helps me a lot with my decision.
$400? You will not get anywhere near that value if you're purchasing these for hooping. They are terrible hoop shoes, plain and simple. Incredibly stiff, clunky transition, subpar heel-lockdown that uses sticky rubber dots to make up for that fact, and the most glaring issue, PAIN. I don't even understand how they even made it through the wear testing phase.

HOWEVER, aesthetically I love them. And that's the only reason why I decided to keep a pair of the Hero's.

Both the XI and XII would be much wiser choices for hooping. Now between the XI and XII, it just comes down to personal preference as each have different positive aspects. Personally, I give the edge to the XII because of the step-in comfort, flexibility, traction, and my preference for zoom when hooping.

$400? You will not get anywhere near that value if you're purchasing these for hooping. They are terrible hoop shoes, plain and simple. Incredibly stiff, clunky transition, subpar heel-lockdown that uses sticky rubber dots to make up for that fact, and the most glaring issue, PAIN. I don't even understand how they even made it through the wear testing phase.

HOWEVER, aesthetically I love them. And that's the only reason why I decided to keep a pair of the Hero's.

Both the XI and XII would be much wiser choices for hooping. Now between the XI and XII, it just comes down to personal preference as each have different positive aspects. Personally, I give the edge to the XII because of the step-in comfort, flexibility, traction, and my preference for zoom when hooping.
GREAT info. Didn't imagine they were so terrible.

Oh, I won't buy them for balling purposes. But it doesn't mean I'll never take them to the court. That's why I asked those questions.

Yeah the XI Elite looked good, but just moved the pain from the pinky toe to the midfoot. The TPU shank was a killer
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom