The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
^^yeah, they posted all the sizes hey had & never even got an 11.5 in the palmers.

Good luck finding it though

Prestige :lol:

That nonsense is for the birds and for dudes who need something to cling onto as justification for dropping big money on pairs.

Those Dunkman IIs are one of my favorite unreleased pairs after the Hardwood Classic VII and VIII sets, so I'd definitely be interesting if I don't have to jump through hoops to buy them and the price isn't crazy.

So in other words, I'll most likely only ever enjoy those in picture form if they release.

Last edited:
I just don't think it makes any sense to start retro releases of the Lebron line. Why lower sales of the current models with desire for retros...

Didn't they introduce Jordan retros in 1994? When Jordan came back to play, they were still releasing the main signature line.

It's just another way to generate sales. They're going to do it eventually. The Kobe Prelude pack was a Retro+ test and it was a Nike hype success (didnt even make a blip in major sales).

Honestly, the Retro 2 would probably sell better than any 12 not named Palmers.

Last edited:
Didn't they introduce Jordan retros in 1994? When Jordan came back to play, they were still releasing the main signature line.

It's just another way to generate sales. They're going to do it eventually. The Kobe Prelude pack was a Retro+ test and it was a Nike hype success (didnt even make a blip in major sales).

Honestly, the Retro 2 would probably sell better than any 12 not named Palmers.
But would they outsell a XIII with actual Cavaliers colors?

Can't wait to find out.

I need that Lebron 2 low (white), remember that being one of my favorite shoes back in the day.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the lebron 2 is consider the best lebron to most lebrons lovers. Personally the 4s are the best followed by the 7s and AZG then the 2s

Last edited:
How do the Lebron XII Elite feel?

Does it feel more cushioned? What about the inside? Is it more plush?

Went and tried them on today. One foot in the What if's and the other in the Elites, total night and day feel. Even had a tongue that you could pull up that you couldn't do with the regular version 12. Outside of jacking up the price for elites, I don't understand why they didn't add the other air unit in the forefoot. Also, could get the elites tighter around the ankle area unlike the regular version. Ankle padding on the inside was very noticeable as well. But again this could have been done on the initial pair. And still kept the same price. The plastic around the sides made no difference to me at all. Want the elites but will wait for a discount. Elite is a much more comfortable shoe..

Last edited:

Went and tried them on today. One foot in the What if's and the other in the Elites, total night and day feel. Even had a tongue that you could pull up that you couldn't do with the regular version 12. Outside of jacking up the price for elites, I don't understand why they didn't add the other air unit in the forefoot. Also, could get the elites tighter around the ankle area unlike the regular version. Ankle padding on the inside was very noticeable as well. But again this could have been done on the initial pair. And still kept the same price. The plastic around the sides made no difference to me at all. Want the elites but will wait for a discount. Elite is a much more comfortable shoe..

So how was the cushioning?

Was it a different?

Last edited:
Went and bought the Elite Kobes but the Lebrons look waaaaaaaay better in person than in pics. KDs look like as expected :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Patiently waiting for that good price for the elites. No rush tho. Poor man problems.

Was it a different?

Cushioning was very noticeable and more plush. I'm big on impact protection and although I only walked around the store in these, they seemed to be on par with the 10 elites. Same setup with cushioning just one of the empty pods in the regular version in the forefoot now has air in it. Honestly was surprised it made that much of a difference. Again just don't understand why there wasn't air in it in the initial release...

I just don't think it makes any sense to start retro releases of the Lebron line. Why lower sales of the current models with desire for retros...

I get what you're saying, but let's just hypothetically say LeBron plays six more seasons. That would leave a massive backlog of 18 models for Nike to retro. It makes sense to start trickling out models now. Strike while the iron is hot! Plus, if they wait too long, they'll be marketing shoes to kids who never saw Bron play. That worked with Jordans, but J's are in a class of their own, in terms of sales and hype.

One LeBron retro per quarter.
Easy.

Great idea.....and I hope they're unpredictable about it, bouncing around between models, instead of going in order.

Last edited:

Was it a different?

Cushioning was very noticeable and more plush. I'm big on impact protection and although I only walked around the store in these, they seemed to be on par with the 10 elites. Same setup with cushioning just one of the empty pods in the regular version in the forefoot now has air in it. Honestly was surprised it made that much of a difference. Again just don't understand why there wasn't air in it in the initial release...

Lebron X Elite like cushioning! Wow!

Back
Top Bottom