The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

on top of that CP...IMO, the actual play and product of the field the past 2-3 seasons has been TRASH.

the worst football I've seen in my lifetime.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]NFL owners make 6 rules changes[/h1]

DANA POINT, Calif. (AP)-Ed Hochuli and other NFL referees can rest easier after team owners passed a rule Wednesday allowing video replays on a loose ball that could be either a fumble or an incomplete pass.

Hochuli famously ruled Denver quarterback Jay Cutler to have thrown an incomplete pass in the final moments of a Week 2 game with San Diego last season. Replays clearly showed it was a fumble that the Chargers recovered, but the play was not part of the review process. Denver kept the ball and won the game seconds later.

Now it is reviewable.

The NFL's competition committee used a similar application as when it added video reviews of down-by-contact plays involving a fumble.

Also, replay now can be used to determine if a loose ball hit the sideline. A Cardinals kickoff in January's NFC championship game was ruled to have gone out of bounds even though it was recovered in bounds by Arizona. Replays showed the ball never hit or crossed the sideline.

The owners eliminated a rekick after an illegal onside kick, awarding the ball immediately to the receiving team.

The draft order for playoff teams was reworked and will be based on where teams were eliminated in the postseason. Last season, the Chargers (8-8 ) beat the Colts (12-4) in a wild-card game, but San Diego will pick before Indianapolis in next month's draft. The new procedure begins in 2010.

A waiver period during the first two weeks of training camp was established. Owners also reworded when the postseason waiver period begins-previously it was after the Pro Bowl. In the future, the Super Bowl will be played after the Pro Bowl in some seasons, and the waiver period will begin after the final postseason game.

Finally, on all fumbles and laterals that go out of bounds, the clock will start when the referee signals ready for play.

Source

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Why the @#%# do the raiders keep getting a monday night game in the 1st week?

And is it true only one person showed up for Nate Davis workout?

i think the raiders game this season is because of the 50th anniversary of the AFL. more coincidence than anything.

and the colts were the only team to show up for nate davis' workout. they're only a short drive away from ball st., though.
laugh.gif

mnf was HORRIBLE last year

and all these new blocking rules....ridiculous

as far as the brady rule...it's really redundant...if a player is on the ground and he lunges toward the QB...OBVIOUSLY he's going to hit the QB belowthe knee. i still maintain that it was an illegal (not dirty, just illegal) hit on brady by pollard last year...even under the old rule.

I'd be kinda upset if I was a defensive player with the new change about not even striking a player on the head or the uncatchable ball part. Most of thetime players aren't aiming to hit a guy in the head its just accidental. They just want to make a big play.

Defensive players should go on strike. This is whack. Players need to buck up and realize its football. I'm sick of older generations looking down onfootball today because its powder puff compared to their days. Quite frankly, I agree. Save the bologna about players being bigger and stronger these days,thats just an easy out.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by JPZx

I saw 2 NO games last season but 17 Vikings games...

Sharper won't do squat the rest of his career...no matter what uniform he wears.
He is only filling the void til we get Taylor Mays
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but serious he is a huge upgrade no matter how much juice may not be left in the tank. But I hear what you saying you he played for the vikes so. We just have to see and wait. Saints will resurrect the careers of D.Sharp and Dan the man Morgan
Just saw this replay on Jim Rome...then I remembered the discussion we were having. Look at :17-:20...you see that safety that just makes a feebleattempt at tackling Hester but falls over? That's Sharper...and that was the story of his 2008 season.

http://www.youtube.com/v/kSqOkAQHMrY&hl=en&fs=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/kSqOkAQHMrY&hl=en&fs=1

Sharper won't do squat the rest of his career...no matter what uniform he wears.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but serious he is a huge upgrade no matter how much juice may not be left in the tank. But I hear what you saying you he played for the vikes so. We just have to see and wait. Saints will resurrect the careers of D.Sharp and Dan the man Morgan
Just saw this replay on Jim Rome...then I remembered the discussion we were having. Look at :17-:20...you see that safety that just makes a feeble attempt at tackling Hester but falls over? That's Sharper...and that was the story of his 2008 season.
Can't let it go can you

So if your a DE and on the ground you can't even lunge at a QB's legs now.

Hitting above the shoulders is a penalty, hitting below the waste is a penalty, and with these roughing the passer calls (which are alwaysridiculous)......what the !$*@ are they supposed to do?

They need to get rid of those "rules" if a QB is out of the pocket at least.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Why the @#%# do the raiders keep getting a monday night game in the 1st week?

I think it's because the Raiders are on the West Coast and they don't want the Raiders to say the NFL is against us all the time. That's not reallya valid argument if you are on primetime on the opening weekend 3 of the past 4 years.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

i think it was yesterday, i glanced at a TV with ESPN and i'm pretty sure the ticker said something about the browns talking to brett favre. can somebody fill me in?
it was something about mangini wanting favre to come in and help the qbs on team

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Just saw this replay on Jim Rome...then I remembered the discussion we were having. Look at :17-:20...you see that safety that just makes a feeble attempt at tackling Hester but falls over? That's Sharper...and that was the story of his 2008 season.
Can't let it go can you
Just trying to show you that you're getting a old aging safety not a bonafide star like you think you're getting
laugh.gif
...he won't improve your terrible secondary...adding him will have no effect.

FSU's Brown impresses at pro day

TALLAHASSEE -- The roughly 30 NFL scouts on hand for Florida State's pro day Monday had their eyes trained on defensive end Everette Brown, who is expected to be a top-five pick in the April 25 draft.

While Brown opted to stand on his 40-yard dash time from the NFL Scouting Combine, he did take part in a battery of other tests, providing the scouts with a good look at his potential for making the conversion to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme.

"Going through the linebacker drills felt pretty good," Brown said. "I wasn't worried about my 40 time, and the scouts weren't either."

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/031709/sports_031709_053.shtml

39 Reps from Brown??
eek.gif
eek.gif

Carter with a 4.28
pimp.gif

That's not the point young padawan.

You should've known better.

I am dissapointed in you.

You saw how much of a beast he was on NCAA'09.

I didn't know where to put this....

Jorvorskie Lane/FB/Texas A&M: Lane was considered a top pro prospect early in his A&M career, yet he has watched his game regress. He looked significantly overweight at his pro day and tipped the scales at 297 pounds then was unable to run faster than 5.0 in the forty. Lane has dropped out of the draft and must now fight for a free agent contract.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/03/27/riser.sliders/index.html

dude should just keep eating to get to 320, and switch to NT/DT

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I didn't know where to put this....

Jorvorskie Lane/FB/Texas A&M: Lane was considered a top pro prospect early in his A&M career, yet he has watched his game regress. He looked significantly overweight at his pro day and tipped the scales at 297 pounds then was unable to run faster than 5.0 in the forty. Lane has dropped out of the draft and must now fight for a free agent contract.

http://sportsillustrated....riser.sliders/index.html

dude should just keep eating to get to 320, and switch to NT/DT
laugh.gif
smh.gif

They take your avy away again, Dre?
grin.gif

[h1]AP sources: Stallworth to be charged in Fla. crash[/h1]

MIAMI (AP)-Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth will be charged Wednesday with killing a pedestrian last month while driving drunk in Miami, according to people familiar with the case.

Two people said an arrest warrant charging the 28-year-old Stallworth with DUI manslaughter will be filed Wednesday in the March 14 accident that killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes. The people requested anonymity because the charges haven't been announced.

The charge carries a possible 15-year prison sentence. Stallworth's blood-alcohol level after the crash was .12, well above Florida's legal limit of .08, according to results of a blood test. Stallworth will also be charged with DUI, according to the people informed about the case.

Stallworth, who is expected to surrender in court Thursday, released a statement last month saying he was "grief-stricken" over the accident.

A Miami Beach police report said that Reyes was not in a crosswalk on busy MacArthur Causeway when he was struck by the Bentley luxury car driven by Stallworth. The construction crane operator was trying to catch a bus home after finishing his shift around 7:15 a.m.

The report also quoted Stallworth as saying he flashed his lights at Reyes in an attempted warning and that Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns before last season but was injured much of the year. He previously played for New England, Philadelphia and New Orleans.

Source

Back
Top Bottom