The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

"An inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.
The leak came roughly about one hour ago.
Negotiations between Cutler's agent, Pat Bowlen, Daniel Snyder, and the Cleveland Browns management have been ongoing for a few days and all sides seem tobe happy.
The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland's third round pick going to Washington
Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denvers fifth round picks. Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry fromWashington will be going to Denver .
Our source says that teams will announce the deal at 5 p.m. this evening."

5pm been gone so its prolly bull
laugh.gif

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and
laugh.gif
, do it Cleveland....DO IT!

And congrats to Dan Rooney, he is so the man. My favorite family that I don't know.

Steelers owner Dan Rooney to be ambassador to Ireland

President Barack Obama today announced his intent to nominate Steelers owner Dan Rooney as ambassador to Ireland.

In a White House ceremony this morning, Mr. Obama called Mr. Rooney a "great friend" and cited his efforts to support peace in Ireland.

"I am honored and grateful that such a dedicated and accomplished individual has agreed to serve as the representative of the United States to the Irish people," Mr. Obama said in a prepared statement.

"Dan Rooney is an unwavering supporter of Irish peace, culture, and education, and I have every confidence that he and Secretary [of State Hillary] Clinton will ensure America's continued close and unique partnership with Ireland in the years ahead."

Mr. Rooney was in Washington last night to be honored by the American Ireland Fund, the group he has nurtured as a force for peace in Northern Ireland. He was at the White House today, St. Patrick's Day, for a reception for Brian Cowen, the Irish Taoiseach, or prime minister.

Mr. Rooney was an outspoken campaigner for President Barack Obama. He presented the then-candidate with a Steelers jersey as he introduced him at Mr. Obama's final appearance in Pittsburgh before the election.

Congressman Tim Murphy of Upper St. Clair lauded Mr. Rooney's selection today, calling it a proud day for Pittsburgh and the nation.

"In my role as Republican vice chairman of the Friends of Ireland Caucus, I have often turned to Dan for advice and information regarding Irish American issues," Mr. Murphy said in a statement. "He knows the governmental, business and educational leaders throughout the country and has built strong working relationships with all of them."

Steelers President Art Rooney II said that his father would do "an outstanding job."

"Our operations at the Steelers will continue as they have in the past," Mr. Rooney said in a statement. "Right now our focus is on the upcoming NFL Draft. . . . This is an exciting time for my father and for the Steelers. Our goal, as it is every year, is to win another Super Bowl championship."

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

James O'Toole can be reached at [email protected].

First published on March 17, 2009 at 9:28 am

pimp.gif
- first time I ever used that emoticon

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Just throw quick hitting routes
I mean Julius Peppers clearly is a beast when it comes to rushing the passer and such, but he's never played standing up, and while he's a talented player, it's still going to take some time to getting used to.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Steelers owner Dan Rooney to be ambassador to Ireland

President Barack Obama today announced his intent to nominate Steelers owner Dan Rooney as ambassador to Ireland.

In a White House ceremony this morning, Mr. Obama called Mr. Rooney a "great friend" and cited his efforts to support peace in Ireland.

"I am honored and grateful that such a dedicated and accomplished individual has agreed to serve as the representative of the United States to the Irish people," Mr. Obama said in a prepared statement.

"Dan Rooney is an unwavering supporter of Irish peace, culture, and education, and I have every confidence that he and Secretary [of State Hillary] Clinton will ensure America's continued close and unique partnership with Ireland in the years ahead."

Mr. Rooney was in Washington last night to be honored by the American Ireland Fund, the group he has nurtured as a force for peace in Northern Ireland. He was at the White House today, St. Patrick's Day, for a reception for Brian Cowen, the Irish Taoiseach, or prime minister.

Mr. Rooney was an outspoken campaigner for President Barack Obama. He presented the then-candidate with a Steelers jersey as he introduced him at Mr. Obama's final appearance in Pittsburgh before the election.

Congressman Tim Murphy of Upper St. Clair lauded Mr. Rooney's selection today, calling it a proud day for Pittsburgh and the nation.

"In my role as Republican vice chairman of the Friends of Ireland Caucus, I have often turned to Dan for advice and information regarding Irish American issues," Mr. Murphy said in a statement. "He knows the governmental, business and educational leaders throughout the country and has built strong working relationships with all of them."

Steelers President Art Rooney II said that his father would do "an outstanding job."

"Our operations at the Steelers will continue as they have in the past," Mr. Rooney said in a statement. "Right now our focus is on the upcoming NFL Draft. . . . This is an exciting time for my father and for the Steelers. Our goal, as it is every year, is to win another Super Bowl championship."

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

James O'Toole can be reached at [email protected].

First published on March 17, 2009 at 9:28 am

Does this really belong in the Official NFL Off-Season Thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Just throw quick hitting routes
I mean Julius Peppers clearly is a beast when it comes to rushing the passer and such, but he's never played standing up, and while he's a talented player, it's still going to take some time to getting used to.
I agree. Peppers is like 280-285. Teams would try to isolate him with I twins and 3 WR sets. In the beginning he would be liability in the passcoverage but the mismatches he would create as outside linebacker on running backs and TEs would outweight this.

But I guess this isnt going to happen Pepper's agent probably floated this rumour.

If he wants to play as an outside linebacker his best bet would be Cleveland.

[h2]Saints, Sharper agree to contract[/h2]

Comment Email Print By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

The New Orleans Saints' defense became much sharper and smarter Wednesday after the team reached agreement on a contract with veteran free-agent safety Darren Sharper.

1203.jpg

Sharper

Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The former Minnesota Viking had been talking to the Saints since free agency began at the end of February and had been the team most interested in signing him.

"Darren is an accomplished veteran player that brings a wealth of knowledge and ability to our secondary and has always possessed outstanding instincts and playmaking skills," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said, according to The Associated Press.

The fit is a natural. Sharper's known for his play-making ability and his leadership on the field. By comparison, last year's Saints defense struggled in the secondary and lacked some play-making ability.

The 33-year-old Sharper will be joining his third NFL team in 13 years. The former first-round draft pick of the Packers spent eight seasons with Green Bay before signing with the Vikings in 2005. Sharper has 54 career interceptions and has been to four Pro Bowls.

The Saints also announced that they have signed veteran free-agent tight end Darnell Dinkins to a one-year contract.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
NFC South Locked up

pimp.gif
I dont give too many of these to Micky Loomis but he finally did something right

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Why is Reggie Williams still a free agent?
grin.gif

[table][tr][td]Recent Career[/td] [td][/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td][/td] [td]Kickoff Returns[/td] [td][/td] [td]Punt Returns[/td] [td][/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Y/G[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]YAC[/td] [td]1stD[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td] [/td] [td]KR[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Long[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td] [/td] [td]PR[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Long[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Fum[/td] [td]FumL[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2006[/td] [td]Jacksonville[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]52[/td] [td]616[/td] [td]38.5[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2007[/td] [td]Jacksonville[/td] [td]15[/td] [td] [/td] [td]38[/td] [td]629[/td] [td]41.9[/td] [td]16.6[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]10[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2008[/td] [td]Jacksonville[/td] [td]16[/td] [td] [/td] [td]37[/td] [td]364[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Dude is garbage

Signing Sharper is something you shouldn't be feeling
pimp.gif
about...trust me.

Two years ago he was one of the top safeties in the game but this year he literally hit a wall. He got beat deep, missed tackle after tackle and made justterrible decisions. Our coverage is going to improve immensely with him leaving. Don't let the name fool you...Sharper has fallen off.

Ask any other Minnesota fan if you don't believe me
nerd.gif

Yeah, I understand. I was just replying to that guy who said, "NFC South locked up. Loomis finally did something right."

Maybe a change of scenery will be beneficial for him...I doubt it though.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Yeah, I understand. I was just replying to that guy who said, "NFC South locked up. Loomis finally did something right."

Maybe a change of scenery will be beneficial for him...I doubt it though.
Are you serious Kasiervahn(sp?) and Bullocks wasn't doing it. You obviously have not watched in Saints games. They have tremedoulsy upgradedthe defense this offseason while the other teams have not really made any drastic changes. We need a vet at FS as long as no one gets hurt the Saints should befeared in the south. But of course that is just my opinion

I saw 2 NO games last season but 17 Vikings games...

Sharper won't do squat the rest of his career...no matter what uniform he wears.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I saw 2 NO games last season but 17 Vikings games...

Sharper won't do squat the rest of his career...no matter what uniform he wears.
He is only filling the void til we get Taylor Mays
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but serious he is a huge upgrade no matter how much juice may not be left in the tank. But I hear what you saying you he played for the vikes so. We justhave to see and wait. Saints will resurrect the careers of D.Sharp and Dan the man Morgan

Steelers seem to be getting a bit closer to extending DPOY James Harrison. Not much else going on

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Why is Reggie Williams still a free agent?
grin.gif

[table][tr][td]Recent Career[/td] [td][/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td][/td] [td]Kickoff Returns[/td] [td][/td] [td]Punt Returns[/td] [td][/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Year[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td][/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Y/G[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]YAC[/td] [td]1stD[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td][/td] [td]KR[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Long[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td][/td] [td]PR[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Long[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td][/td] [td]Fum[/td] [td]FumL[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]Jacksonville[/td] [td]16[/td] [td][/td] [td]52[/td] [td]616[/td] [td]38.5[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]4[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Jacksonville[/td] [td]15[/td] [td][/td] [td]38[/td] [td]629[/td] [td]41.9[/td] [td]16.6[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]10[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Jacksonville[/td] [td]16[/td] [td][/td] [td]37[/td] [td]364[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]3[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Dude is garbage

I never realized he was that average. I was thinking he was a consistent 700-800 yd reciever. But he did play for the Jaguars and there recievers have beengarbage. How could they whiff on some many recievers. Reggie Williams will find a job right before or during training camp because of his size and he's aformer first round pick.

sp_raiders505.jpg

Titans RB White sheds weight for offseason program
Posted: Around The Web | NFL.com Staff | Tags: LenDale White, Tennessee Titans

The Titans kicked off their offseason conditioning program Monday, prompting the Tennessean to sit down with strength and conditioning coach Steve Watterson. Most notable from the lengthy Q&A were Watterson's remarks on RB LenDale White:

Q: Running back LenDale White vowed after last season's playoff loss to Baltimore that he would come back next season as a better player, including improved work habits. What have you seen from him so far?

A: What he told us was true. He came in this offseason over 20 pounds lighter than he was last year at this time. He showed up today, what is considered the voluntary day, the extra day of training, to make up for Monday because he was not here. He came in yesterday and today and both days have been excellent workouts. He has been able to complete all of the assigned work. After Day 2, he's holding strong.

Link

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Titans RB White sheds weight for offseason program
Posted: Around The Web | NFL.com Staff | Tags: LenDale White, Tennessee Titans

The Titans kicked off their offseason conditioning program Monday, prompting the Tennessean to sit down with strength and conditioning coach Steve Watterson. Most notable from the lengthy Q&A were Watterson's remarks on RB LenDale White:

Q: Running back LenDale White vowed after last season's playoff loss to Baltimore that he would come back next season as a better player, including improved work habits. What have you seen from him so far?

A: What he told us was true. He came in this offseason over 20 pounds lighter than he was last year at this time. He showed up today, what is considered the voluntary day, the extra day of training, to make up for Monday because he was not here. He came in yesterday and today and both days have been excellent workouts. He has been able to complete all of the assigned work. After Day 2, he's holding strong.
Link
Lenwhale
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver .

Oh Noez! Not Laron Landry? He is the greatezt! He iz da bestiz in da worldz! Such a upgrade at the FS position. He is sooooooooo good. How couldthey trade him?

Actually, I know exactly why Reggie still isn't signed; I just felt like mentioning him.
POSTED: Saturday, February 28, 2009
HOUSTON -- Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Reggie Williams, expected to leave the team as a free agent, was charged with DWI and possession of marijuana after being arrested during a traffic stop early Friday.

Actually, I know exactly why Reggie still isn't signed; I just felt like mentioning him.
HOUSTON -- Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Reggie Williams, expected to leave the team as a free agent, was charged with DWI and possession of marijuana after being arrested during a traffic stop early Friday.

They were dismissed

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ap-jaguars-williamsarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

They were dismissed

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ap-jaguars-williamsarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

And he is still garbage

Back
Top Bottom