The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

I'm also late on this too, but Stacy and Shawn reunited.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No D-Line would want to mess with the Andrews bros. on the right side of the O-Line.

Housh been in Minny for 2 days now, and still hasn't come to an agreement.
laugh.gif
He even pushed back his decision until Monday, so I can't see him signing in Minny unless they ante up...
nerd.gif

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090301/SPT02/ 303010040/1066

The Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that the Vikings and Seahawks are both offering three-year deals, with Seattle offering a couple million more per season than Minnesota .

Not a 5 yr deal.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Whoever gets Housh is going to overpay. I'm not sure why people are dying to have a 32 year old possession receiver. I'm glad the Eagles didn't pursue.
Welcome to free agency - you don't realize dudes get overpaid? TJ is the best WR of a subpar free-agent crop, of course he's gonna getoverpaid.

And you stay making me laugh with your "I'm glad the Eagles didn't pursue", he's better than your entire receiving corps and you beentalkin' the past few seasons like "we're bout to make a big, WR signing just you guys watch"
smh.gif
. So far your team has done absolutely nothing.

I don't even care if the Vikes get TJ, but I love how now that TJ and the Eagles had their little rift you talkin' bout "I'm glad wedidn't pursue" and this overpaid nonsense when anyone on your team would die to have him. I still recall you talkin' bout how Reggie Brown andKevin Curtis were gonna step up and be big-time playmakers in that offense, good call.

And you ain't getting Boldin.

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

Housh been in Minny for 2 days now, and still hasn't come to an agreement.
laugh.gif
He even pushed back his decision until Monday, so I can't see him signing in Minny unless they ante up...
nerd.gif

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090301/SPT02/ 303010040/1066

The Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that the Vikings and Seahawks are both offering three-year deals, with Seattle offering a couple million more per season than Minnesota .
Not a 5 yr deal.
Actually, someone staying two straight nights to work on a deal is a good sign, not a bad one. It meansthat while the Vikes might not offer as much, they present better opportunities to win then Seattle/Cincy. Now if he leaves after two days, he won'tbecome a Viking.

Anybody think Kurt Warner is tryin to scare the Cards by talking to the 49ers?
Whats good with Shawn Springs?

I don't see no team giving housh a 5-6 yr deal at 32. Vikings and Seahawks giving him 3 years and I highly doubt he'd finish that contract.

whats the news on shawn springs? last i heard he was visiting dallas ... dude would add some much needed depth if he could somehow stay healthy ...

^so you #$%$ on dude all season when he's with the skins, now you're looking forward to him adding depth????
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

peppers would bring mad flavor son!
devil.gif
eek.gif
glasses.gif
happy.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
smile.gif
smokin.gif
tired.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

btw - ne1 see plaxico barrells goin 2 phillly??
nerd.gif
I don't give a damn about his gun charges, I'd take him any day.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lol @ "barrells" though.

And I'm not happy we didn't pursue TJ because of him being overpaid, I'm happy because he's not a big time receiver. The Eagles need an elitereceiver while TJ is an above average receiver.

ACTUALLY, i always said springs was their best corner ... which he was when he was healthy ... i seem to remember going on hall/smoot/rogers not springs ...yeah people were a tad OD with the "shutdown TO" talk ... but hes a good enough 3rd corner

im still hurt that Big AL left to the ********, but im sure he'll do fine there. and must i say that the NFC East is screwed once the season starts
laugh.gif

i would love to have TJ Whoosyamama on my team
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

whats the news on shawn springs? last i heard he was visiting dallas ... dude would add some much needed depth if he could somehow stay healthy ...

Visiting Dallas and NE but more than likely will sign with NE because he'll prolly demand a bunch of money we aint paying him since the Boys want to usehim as a 3rd or 4th CB.

They are also saying he really wants to play for Dallas though because of his Father, Ron. And he's also real good friends with Owens. But we'll see...

you aren't understanding what i'm saying.

the giants just paid this man who hasn't done +#%# really in the NFL 42 million. add to the fact that he is a 3-4 DE, and we are switching him to a 4-3 DT potentially is foolish. we just signed Rocky Bernard as well.

Not to mention we already have 3 DE's, granted Osi is coming off of surgery. We're paying them lots of money too. Plus we have Robbins and Cofield, who both played their #%!+$ off last season.

If he turns out to be a stud, great, but I would have rather us use that money on something else, like maybe another OLB.

Osi is coming back next season but remember anyone can get hurt at any given time it never hurts to have a little depth up front (it was a bit thin lastseason, esp with Strahan out).

Ask Snee who one of his toughest covers was, that's all you need to know.
nerd.gif

He will fit in well with the team and its philosophy.

Giants will most likely use their high 2nd round pick on a wr.

lol canty is a bum ... hes a big waste of space ... hes amde about 4 plays his entire career with us .. good riddance

[table][tr][td]Cutler Isn't Ready To Meet With Broncos[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2nd March, 2009 - 11:32 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
den_pp.gif
ESPN - Jay Cutler spoke with the Broncos on the phone Sunday amid rumors that the team tried to trade him, but he isn't ready to have a meeting with the club just yet.

"They want me to come in and talk to 'em but I'm not doing it right now; I'm going to lay low," said Cutler. "The [Broncos] deny everything. That's a problem. We know for a fact they tried to trade me."

Denver has characterized any negotiations involving Cutler as "inquiries" not initiated by the team. [READ]

Didn't see this posted?

[table][tr][td]Giants Sign DT Rocky Bernard[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1st March, 2009 - 7:16 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nyg_pp.gif
NFL.com - The Giants have signed former Seahawks defensive tackle Rocky Bernard to a four-year, $16 million contract.

"He's a veteran defensive tackle with skins on the wall," Giants general manager Jerry Reese said of Bernard. "He plays hard, he's stout against the run and he has to be accounted for as a pass rusher."

Bernard will provide depth for new defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan.

"I'm really, really excited to be coming to the Giants," Bernard said. "I wanted to go to a team that has had a lot of success and has a really good defense. That's what the Giants have. It feels good to be part of a great organization. They're a good football team." [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
For once Marley and I agree on something... Chris Canty is not that good... He sure as hell ain't worth that kinda contract...

And for what it's worth, there are people that seem to think Springs will take less money to play in Dallas as long as the Cowboys are fair with anoffer... He'd be a good get...

Damn!

My G-Men really tryna beef up that Defensive Line.

Osi, Tuck, Kiawanuka, Cofield, Robbins, Canty and now Bernard.

Thats a damn good 1st and 2nd line

Yea but ALL NFL free agents are always over-paid so that doesn't come as any surprise (its not like its 40M guaranteed money).

Giants have an extremely good rotation up front, good move to add some more depth.

Cofield and Robbins both just came off surgeries and Robbins is getting up there in age at 32 and both are due to be free agents next year. So even more reasonto make the Canty move.

Giants will most likely use their high 2nd round pick on a wr.
Who's worth it, though?

We obviously aren't moving up to get Crabtree....his stock seems to have dropped the past week anyway.

I don't want to overpay a 32 year old reciever like Housh...he's def not the solution to our problems. And I haven't heard much about Boldin, whoshould've been the #1 priority...we have the picks to bring him, IMO.

I'm surprised we've spent so much adding depth to the D, we never spend much during the off-season. But Cofield and Robbins both took a beating lastseason, so it's great to have some depth. And who really knows how Osi is gonna respond...

Housh is not worth that money and he isn't a difference maker, he's not going to beat you down the field which is what the Giants need.

As good as Crabtree is I would not use the pick on dude (not like he will be available by then anyways unless they trade up...no point IMO), you don't knowhow that injury would affect him this coming season (let alone down the line).

This draft is DEEP with very good WR's.

Back
Top Bottom