The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Housh to the Vikings Seahawks pleaseeeeeeeee
Fixed for you
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152.gif

LMAO @ Eagles fans cryin and %@!$ over Dawkins.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. This %@!$ is straight comedy.

When I saw Dawkins come out prior to the game charged up cuz the Eagles found out it was a "Win and in" situation, I told my friend on the phone"Dallas bout to get blown out." That +!%%% was charged the !+*% up on some Hercules %@!$. He is definitely a catalyst to gettin yall team fired upespecially on D. He will be greatly missed but I don't give a damn. The NFC East can rejoice.

Whos the other bum safetfy yall got? Constanine or some crap? It was the dude who bit on Romo's pump fake and allowed the longest TD reception inRomo's career to none other than Terrell "Usain Bolt" Owens
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

You'd think Matt Cassell was the second coming of Joe Montana with all this hype about him.

smh.gif
@ Denver putting Cutler under the bus like that. One good season from a 7th rounder and you ready to trade a 1st round QB, who's proven that he can play for him?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

you probably haven't seen him in film or in games. he's an athletic qb, makes plays with his feet, and is productive. he may not have thehuge arm like brady but he's just that; a 7th rounder with a good season that has been in an nfl qb system since college and he helped the pats to an 11-7season. 7th round qb's aren't expected to do that, so when they do, they get rewarded.

DT Cole picks Seahawks over returning toPackers
Posted: March 1st, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: ColinCole, Green Bay Packers, Seattle Seahawks

One of the Green Bay Packers' big offseason priorities was re-signing DT Colin Cole. But early Sunday morning, Cole wound up signing a five-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, following the same path that former Packers coach Mike Holmgren once did.

Now, Green Bay has stepped up its efforts to sign Dallas Cowboys free agent DE Chris Canty, who is scheduled to visit Seattle on Sunday and Monday. Once again, the Seahawks and Packers are engaged in a battle for a defensive lineman.

http://

[h2]http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/ Patriots' trade with Chiefs is a money-saver[/h2]

Posted: March 1st, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Matt Cassel, Mike Vrabel, New England Patriots

For the past 24 hours, it has been pointed out that trading QB Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs freed up $14.65 million against the New England Patriots' salary cap.

But LB Mike Vrabel also was included in the deal, and trading him freed up another $3.35 million against the cap.

So with one trade, the Patriots saved a whopping $18 million that they can now use on other players. And it doesn't look like they will waste a lot of time. Former Washington ******** CB Shawn Springs is scheduled to visit the Patriots today.

laugh.gif
Broncos what a bunch of %%$!@%@ idiots
roll.gif
They made me a Jay Cutler fan.

Dallas picks up Keith Brooking and Jon Kitna
laugh.gif
and the Skins getHaynesworth, Dockery, and re up DeAngelo Hall
pimp.gif

skins fans, when healthy, can this dude still hack it?
He should do great in New England if he stays healthy. His lockdown days are over but he should do well in the Pats scheme if you can keep him outof the training room. Hes 100 times better then Deltha O'neal

shawn springs, huh? interesting. skins fans, when healthy, can this dude still hack it?

Lmao @ Skins fans all slurping up on DeAngello Hall now. Yall cats are funny. He bout to catch round 2 of the spittle from T.O. his season
laugh.gif

BTW, this has gotta hurt some of yall Eagles fans:

dawkinsbroncos.jpg

Dawkins looks happy, like he's finally found his home

^So it IS possible for you to construct a sentence without "#$%%" being used every other word.

Shawn Springs is solid but is so injury prone it's not even funny..at his age he'll probably break a hip any second.

knowing he left the Skins though he'll probably play the whole season
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Romeo Culver City

You'd think Matt Cassell was the second coming of Joe Montana with all this hype about him.

smh.gif
@ Denver putting Cutler under the bus like that. One good season from a 7th rounder and you ready to trade a 1st round QB, who's proven that he can play for him?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

you probably haven't seen him in film or in games. he's an athletic qb, makes plays with his feet, and is productive. he may not have the huge arm like brady but he's just that; a 7th rounder with a good season that has been in an nfl qb system since college and he helped the pats to an 11-7 season. 7th round qb's aren't expected to do that, so when they do, they get rewarded.

I understand that and I watched some Patriots games and Cassell played well. But to dangle your franchise QB as trade bait whohas proven to be one of the better young QBs in the league and is still improving for a QB based off one season of work is asinine IMO..

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Lmao @ Skins fans all slurping up on DeAngello Hall now. Yall cats are funny. He bout to catch round 2 of the spittle from T.O. his season
laugh.gif

BTW, this has gotta hurt some of yall Eagles fans:

dawkinsbroncos.jpg

Dawkins looks happy, like he's finally found his home

pimp.gif
Hopefully he can give us a good three years.
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
CB McFadden talking to Cards; Steelers want him back
Posted: March 1st, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Arizona Cardinals, Bryant McFadden, Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals battled in Super Bowl XLIII, and they're having a pseudo rematch today.

Steelers free-agent CB Bryant McFadden is visiting the Cardinals today. The Steelers would like to re-sign McFadden, but former Pittsburgh assistant coaches Ken Whisenhunt (now Arizona's head coach) and Russ Grimm (now an Arizona assistant) will try to convince McFadden to follow the same path they did

LMAO @ Eagles fans cryin and %@!$ over Dawkins.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. This %@!$ is straight comedy.

When I saw Dawkins come out prior to the game charged up cuz the Eagles found out it was a "Win and in" situation, I told my friend on the phone "Dallas bout to get blown out." That +!%%% was charged the !+*% up on some Hercules %@!$. He is definitely a catalyst to gettin yall team fired up especially on D. He will be greatly missed but I don't give a damn. The NFC East can rejoice.

Whos the other bum safetfy yall got? Constanine or some crap? It was the dude who bit on Romo's pump fake and allowed the longest TD reception in Romo's career to none other than Terrell "Usain Bolt" Owens
pimp.gif
You could at least be knowledgeable when you talk.

^^ Everything I said is the truth. You just mad because you was crying talkin about Dawkins aint go no where and all the reports were false and you ended upeating your words. He was your emotional leader on that team. Even being a Cowboys fan, the way I saw him charge up on that field before kick off was somethingI wish we had on our team and I KNEW they would come out and smack us. We'll see who takes over his position this year.

BTW, Chris Canty is a Giant.

One day after signing defensive tackle Rocky Bernard and linebacker Michael Boley, the Giants signed free-agent defensive end Chris Canty to a six-year, $42million contract that includes $17.25 million in guaranteed money. Now Dallas' loss is New York's gain.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...01/gian...sign-cb-canty/

Canty was nice but he's better fit for a 4-3. I want to say he will do well but I can't say anything yet because Im not sure how that D will be withoutSpags.

Why the hell does the season have to be so far away
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

^^ Everything I said is the truth. You just mad because you was crying talkin about Dawkins aint go no where and all the reports were false and you ended up eating your words. He was your emotional leader on that team. Even being a Cowboys fan, the way I saw him charge up on that field before kick off was something I wish we had on our team and I KNEW they would come out and smack us. We'll see who takes over his position this year.
Considine isn't on our team anymore genius. How are you going to talk %@*% about things you clearly don't know anything about?

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

^^ Everything I said is the truth. You just mad because you was crying talkin about Dawkins aint go no where and all the reports were false and you ended up eating your words. He was your emotional leader on that team. Even being a Cowboys fan, the way I saw him charge up on that field before kick off was something I wish we had on our team and I KNEW they would come out and smack us. We'll see who takes over his position this year.
Considine isn't on our team anymore genius. How are you going to talk %@*% about things you clearly don't know anything about?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Oh so yall got rid of him too? So who the hell do yall have back there at safety?

Damn cats getting extra emotional over losing a friggin football player like they play on the team. My mans (no @!%%) called me last night talkin bout I needto chill with the Dawkins talk cuz he had shed a tear when he saw him hold the Broncos jersey up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Eagles fans are def some emotional dudes. I guess ZERO Lombardi's will do that to you
laugh.gif

P.S. I assume Dawkins sucks now that he is not an Eagle right?

Originally Posted by The Wizard

why the hell did we sign Chris Canty to a 6/42 contract?

where is he gonna play?

a 34 end will convert to a 43 tackle. so they can also give a lot of looks where they play the "creep" or stand everyone up and they will basicallyhave 4 ends on the line

What makes Chris Canty a better fit in the 4-3? I guess I don't see it...

He's no real loss at all... Hope the Giants enjoy overpaying him... His production ain't even close to that contract...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What makes Chris Canty a better fit in the 4-3? I guess I don't see it...

He's no real loss at all... Hope the Giants enjoy overpaying him... His production ain't even close to that contract...

because hes too slow to be a 43 end. hell prolly play well because of who else they have on the line. hell be a better fit most likely because of thedifferent things they can do with him. in certain spots they might line him up at end too giving a different look. i like the fit for them but 42 mil is steep

Originally Posted by Romeo Culver City

smh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

you probably haven't seen him in film or in games. he's an athletic qb, makes plays with his feet, and is productive. he may not have the huge arm like brady but he's just that; a 7th rounder with a good season that has been in an nfl qb system since college and he helped the pats to an 11-7 season. 7th round qb's aren't expected to do that, so when they do, they get rewarded.

I understand that and I watched some Patriots games and Cassell played well. But to dangle your franchise QB as trade bait who has proven to be one of the better young QBs in the league and is still improving for a QB based off one season of work is asinine IMO..

McDaniels knows Cassel and that goes a long way in the NFL.Right or Wrong. Who was picked in 1st round or a 7th round doesnt matter any more. McDaniels hasdifferent system than Shanahan so he's not sure Cutler can pick it up. ALso people around the leauge have some concerns about Cutler's attiude too. Butin my opinon I would keep Cutler he just seems more talented too me. The Patroits are a better team then the one Cutler had to work with.

Originally Posted by Digger85

where is he gonna play?

a 34 end will convert to a 43 tackle. so they can also give a lot of looks where they play the "creep" or stand everyone up and they will basically have 4 ends on the line
you aren't understanding what i'm saying.

the giants just paid this man who hasn't done +#%# really in the NFL 42 million. add to the fact that he is a 3-4 DE, and we are switching him to a 4-3 DTpotentially is foolish. we just signed Rocky Bernard as well.

Not to mention we already have 3 DE's, granted Osi is coming off of surgery. We're paying them lots of money too. Plus we have Robbins and Cofield, whoboth played their #%!+$ off last season.

If he turns out to be a stud, great, but I would have rather us use that money on something else, like maybe another OLB.

Originally Posted by Digger85

where is he gonna play?

a 34 end will convert to a 43 tackle. so they can also give a lot of looks where they play the "creep" or stand everyone up and they will basically have 4 ends on the line
you aren't understanding what i'm saying.

the giants just paid this man who hasn't done +#%# really in the NFL 42 million. add to the fact that he is a 3-4 DE, and we are switching him to a 4-3 DT potentially is foolish. we just signed Rocky Bernard as well.

Not to mention we already have 3 DE's, granted Osi is coming off of surgery. We're paying them lots of money too. Plus we have Robbins and Cofield, who both played their #%!+$ off last season.

If he turns out to be a stud, great, but I would have rather us use that money on something else, like maybe another OLB.
i get what youre saying man.obviously hes going to play somewhere or else they wouldntve gave him 42 mil. they likely will try to get someversatility out of him where as bernard is strictly a tackle. i mean yea it is kinda confusing why theyd do it when they are already loaded on the dl but theyfeel like you can never have enough

Back
Top Bottom