The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Stupid Bears not doin $%!# again. No big shocker though...

They paid WAY too much for Omiyale.

The Broncos are making "big" moves. Let's just hope J.J. doesn't get the curse.

Dallas needs to go after Boldin
smile.gif

excuse me if this was posted already

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: Houshmandzadeh expects to decide on Vikings, Seahawks or Bengals by Sunday night[/h1]
By Rick Alonzo
Pioneer Press

Updated: 02/28/2009 03:27:50 PM CST

Standout free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh told the Cincinnati Bengals' team Web site today that he expects to make a decision on his future by Sunday night. Houshmandzadeh is scheduled to meet with the Minnesota Vikings today after departing Seattle, where he met with the Seahawks on Friday.

Houshmandzadeh said it's still possible he might re-sign with the Bengals. He declined to discuss whether there are other teams he is interested in, confirming only the Bengals, Seahawks and Vikings.

There's speculation among some analysts that he might not be able to command as much money as he believes, although he didn't discuss his asking price with the Bengals' Web site.

"I'm going to prove to these dummies on TV talking about what I can't do why they're not working for an NFL team," Houshmandzadeh said, adding although he's 31 years old, he feels 27.

He said his free-agent visit with the Seahawks went well.

"Training camp right on the lake," Houshmandzadeh said. "And they're a team that has had a lot of success. They had a down year last year (4-12) but they had a bunch of injuries."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11804230?source=rss

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Eagles saying goodbye to Dawkins

February 28, 2009 4:41 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Eagles fans are still in a state of shock about safety Brian Dawkins signing with the Broncos. Philadelphia has always been willing to cut ties with beloved players such as Jeremiah Trotter, but Dawkins was different. He may have been the most beloved Eagles player since Randall Cunningham. Chairman/CEO Jeff Lurie and Andy Reid just released statements regarding Dawkins' departure:

Lurie:
Brian Dawkins has been one of the pillars of this franchise for 13 years. He helped lead us to five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl. Brian embodies everything you look for in a professional athlete and human being. I have been fortunate to witness his impeccable character, his passion for the game of football and his commitment to being the best player he could be. I look forward to continuing a close relationship with him once his playing days are over. His legacy as an Eagle will last forever and will ultimately land him in Canton as a Hall of Famer."

Reid:
Brian is one of the best players in franchise history and one of the most popular players to ever play in the city of Philadelphia. The Eagles organization, as well as the entire fan base, will miss him not only as a player but as a tremendous person. This is the toughest part of my job, no question. He gave this city 13 years of emotional, energetic football. We wish Brian and his family nothing but the best as he continues his career in Denver.

ESPN news says he signed with the Broncos 5yrs 17mill
pimp.gif
he will no longer be killing MB 2-3X a year

Goddamn sory I'm late on this since I'm out of town in Atlanta right now, and I'm using the computer at the hotel lobby but:

indifferent.gif

can't stomach this now.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

B-Dawk out of the NFC
pimp.gif

smh.gif

B-Dawk has been the iron man of the Eagles Defense....I would like to see him finish his career in Philly and at least have one more opportunity to get aring there.
Seems very strange to see him in navy and orange next season. Good luck to him in Denver, though.
ohwell.gif

Can't believe Dawkins is gone. He was the most energetic guy on the eagles team. He had great leadership and was always fired up. Sad to see him go

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Patriots turned down a package from the Bucs in a possible three-way Matt Cassel deal that included a first- and third-round pick.

In this scenario, the Patriots would have received the picks, Denver would get Matt Cassel, and Tampa would get Jay Cutler. But there has to be more to the story. Why would the Patriots turn down better picks? One admittedly speculative guess is that the deal with the Chiefs was already verbally agreed to at this point, and the Patriots couldn't back out. Mike Vrabel, after all, was in Kansas City Friday.
Source: ESPN.com

Matt Cassel for Jay.
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

After having such a progressive start to the off-season, Denver just committed suicide.

I bet Marshall speaks out against the front office, too.

I'm honestly heartbroken right now. At the same time though, I feel betrayed by Dawk... everyone and their mom knew that the Birds wanted him back, andDawk wanted to come back. When Dawk decided to pick the cash and glory at Denver over the Eagles within 1 day of free agency, the heart and soul of theBirds' franchise was ripped out, and I feel like he left in the wrong way. It's like he saw the money and never looked back, and the city ofPhiladelphia's left in shock.
frown.gif

It's gonna be hard for this city to see him in different colors next season. I'm putting him on the Eagles roster when I get Madden 2010; I can'timagine playing with the Eagles without this man in the defensive backfield.

I wish Shawn (Springs) the best of luck wherever he goes. I'm shocked he hasn't signed with Dallas yet though... thought he'd go their as soonas he left this area lol.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

That loss of Dawkins is going to CRIPPLE the Eagles on both sides of the field....Ray Lewis gets a lot of hype for his leadership, but I'd say Dawk is right up there with him. Dawk would be there doing what McNabb couldn't on the sidelines, and that would be getting everyone fired up and motivated....you just can't replace that. Broncos got a good one....
laugh.gif
Please. Like nobody else is going to step up.

Joka...you REALLY think Dawk as well as his leadership is gonna be THAT easy to replace? I doubt it....like I said before...he and Ray Lewis are second tonone as far as getting the troops ready. This was your emotional leader....that absence will be felt...

and co-sign w. JPZ to Dawk being out of the NFC East
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

That loss of Dawkins is going to CRIPPLE the Eagles on both sides of the field....Ray Lewis gets a lot of hype for his leadership, but I'd say Dawk is right up there with him. Dawk would be there doing what McNabb couldn't on the sidelines, and that would be getting everyone fired up and motivated....you just can't replace that. Broncos got a good one....
laugh.gif
Please. Like nobody else is going to step up.

Joka...you REALLY think Dawk as well as his leadership is gonna be THAT easy to replace? I doubt it....like I said before...he and Ray Lewis are second to none as far as getting the troops ready. This was your emotional leader....that absence will be felt...

and co-sign w. JPZ to Dawk being out of the NFC East
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I know it won't be easy, but it will happen.

You know what will be easy to replace though? His coverage skills. He was a liability in coverage, no matter if Eagles fans want to admit it or not.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Matt Cassel for Jay.
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

After having such a progressive start to the off-season, Denver just committed suicide.

I bet Marshall speaks out against the front office, too.
Seriously what the @!*% is McDaniels thinking
indifferent.gif

You'd think Matt Cassell was the second coming of Joe Montana with all this hype about him.

smh.gif
@ Denver putting Cutler under the bus like that. Onegood season from a 7th rounder and you ready to trade a 1st round QB, who's proven that he can play for him?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

On a sidenote as a Cowboys fans, I'm glad Dawk is out of the NFC East; I still have flashbacks of him stripping the ballfrom Barbarian in the redzone in that blowout in Philly.
frown.gif

[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/01/texans-tap-orlovsky/[/h2]
[h2]TEXANS TAP ORLOVSKY[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 1, 2009, 2:04 p.m. EST

The next time Dan Orlovsky runs out the back of an end zone, he'll be doing it in Deep Steel Blue instead of the Honolulu variety.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Orlovsky has agreed to terms with the Texans, where he'll serve as the backup to Matt Schaub .

Unless they draft Pat White.

http://www.profootballtal.../01/texans-tap-orlovsky/

[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/01/ward-heading-to-tampa-after-denver/[/h2]
[h2]WARD HEADING TO TAMPA AFTER DENVER[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 1, 2009, 2:43 p.m. EST

Free-agent running back Derrick Ward , whose possible signing by the Broncos could have been boosted by the collapse of contract talks with J.J. Arrington, will be commencing his visit to Denver on Sunday night, a league source tells us.

Next stop after Denver (barring a deal getting done) will be Tampa on Tuesday, per the source.

Despite reports that Ward has visited Philadelphia, we're told that this has not yet occurred. Ward has been visiting with the Bengals.

Back
Top Bottom