The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Watched some eps of #BlackAF. I get what they were going for, the LD from Curb, Ed from Modern family etc, but Kenya's character is way too OD on being a **** in ways that don't make sense. Leaning on that archetype too hard.

episode with Tyler Perry is fire though.

Last edited:
Not sure what to make of BlackAF so far. It's entertaining enough for me to keep watching, but somethings missing.

Yeah I agree, I think part of it is Kenya's character/version of himself, and his performance. Not that he's terrible, but another actor could have brought it more to life. Episode 1x5 where they have other famous black actors really drives that home as I think it's the best one. It's his show though, so I get it, **** it.

Yo what are the great shows on Apple tv? :nerd:

So far Mythic Quest was really good but it's looking bleak for the rest.

Truth Be Told was a bit of a dud. The idea that a Damn podcaster can have that much power in reopening murder cases, driving ppl to suicide and finding the real murderer is ridiculous. Reminds me of the silliness of Don't **** with Cats.

I tried Dickinson cuz of. Haileee Steinfield and the lesbian scenes are great but not much else going on there other than Wiz playing death.

Watching The Morning Show and its cool but not that good for a news show. Might check out Servant next but what else is there? :nerd:

Last edited:
I'd be lying if I said I've seen it.

I remember promotions about it.

Tuned in and saw my ****** Doyle, Agent Van Alden and Eli....... IN!

Most people don’t watch things in real time now. So very likely word of mouth is picking up about it
Yeah pretty much.

I watched All American as it aired which is a few years ago now with pretty much nobody else in to it and it was crazy to me how all of a sudden ppl have binged it and are in to the show now.

Back
Top Bottom