The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I know everyone is watching When They See Us, anyone check out 7 Seconds on Netflix. Wife and I started it but got distracted, similar subject matter. I wouldn't advise watching them in the same weekend, you might go to work PISSED.

7 Seconds was amazing.

Finishing up the last seconds of When They See Us and GADAMN man. Scary how such a small decision to go to the park could turn into all of that
Just disgusting how them grown men was so eager to yell at and beat them boys into submission like that then have the nerve to call them animals.
Sitting here thinking about having the conversation about decisions with my son and it's scary man

Maybe my bias as a stressed out father gave me this POV but I thought the small notes they gave the father's conflicting interest speaks to how it wasn't just as simple as the parents being there to help their kids. Ray's pop missing work was probably as equally life or death for his family as Ray's situation was. Same for Tron's father.

I think there is less excuse for Tron's father but still a ****ed situation for all involved.

I get it. A job is very important. But those are your children. The whole reason they worked in the first place. All Ray's and Antron's fathers had to do was pull them out. They were minors. Yussef mom was the smartest parent out of all them.

I looked up the DA, and apparently she's still in NYC law enforcement and has a job at Columbia. ****in nuts.

But if you don't know the law you can't exercise your rights, you see how Korey's mom reacted when Yusef mom told em how she pulled him out
They didn't know they had that option, can't blame em for not being hip to it.

I see both sides of the father's reaction holding their jobs in such a high regard and it really ain't a "right" answer. If they woulda been more active and lost they jobs as the breadwinner what would they have to bring they sons home to if you lose ya house? Most of em was already struggling so losing the father's income would have destroyed the house.

Finishing up the last seconds of When They See Us and GADAMN man. Scary how such a small decision to go to the park could turn into all of that
Just disgusting how them grown men was so eager to yell at and beat them boys into submission like that then have the nerve to call them animals.
Sitting here thinking about having the conversation about decisions with my son and it's scary man
its not really even about decisions though...its more about being black in America.
regardless of the decision, our very existence is a bane to many.

its not really even about decisions though...its more about being black in America.
regardless of the decision, our very existence is a bane to many.

I say decisions because in Korey's case he was somewhere the was already safe and with somebody who cared about him. Good wholesome fun. And when he decided to go hang with his friends he got caught up.

I know it's not anything that we can really do to prevent being demonized because the system is what it is but learning how to think about how much trouble you can get in here vs over there is a good lesson

Anyone peep Tales of the City?

Cast looks pretty good.

Always in for a chance to possibly see Lauren Linney cakes get clapped. :evil:

I say decisions because in Korey's case he was somewhere the was already safe and with somebody who cared about him. Good wholesome fun. And when he decided to go hang with his friends he got caught up.

I know it's not anything that we can really do to prevent being demonized because the system is what it is but learning how to think about how much trouble you can get in here vs over there is a good lesson
he didn't do anything his white counterparts haven't done.

our kids should be able to have fun, play and yes, make bad decisions and learn from them.
I don't necessarily think that he made a bad decision, i'm just saying.

we should be able to be ourselves just like everybody else.

but I feel you. we have to be realistic and talk to our kids about decisions for sure. even though we should be able to do certain things we aren't without certain potential consequences.

its just sad.

we should be able to be ourselves just like everybody else.

but I feel you. we have to be realistic and talk to our kids about decisions for sure. even though we should be able to do certain things we aren't without certain potential consequences.

its just sad.

We live in two realities: the way things are vs the way things should be

True enough just going to the park is a nothing decision and we go to the park as a family often, it's just the reality is every decision can lead to life or death. We was at the park the other day and this lil boy was squirting kids with a lil water gun. He squirted one of my daughters and my wife told him don't do that. Like 2 mins later he was on the other side of the park squirting my other daughter. Told my wife and kids let's go, I'm not going to try to either chastise a stranger's child or potentially get into it with some dude who think he gotta be extra tough cause his kid is a hard headed lil a-hole.
I should be able to talk to a kid and tell him not to do xyz, but I know that if I do I'm welcoming the chance for a parent to overreact and it can end well.

It's a doggone shame those kids had to make that gravity of decisions at that age. At 13 I was just startin' to grab girls butts and just starting to learn who I was.

Watching Black Mirror episode.
I said this in another thread before even seeing episode. I get so sick and tired of black guys being played gay in Hollywood. They just think it is so hilarious, the subtle not so subtle attempt at trying to breakdown our masculinity. Why couldn't dude in USS Calister episode be gay, that is the Star Trek like episode early in the show. Oh what that wouldn't be funny or cool then?

Also regarding the episode though, really dudes play female characters to try and hide those urges. I played many female characters in video games and none of those urges over here. Then it confused me because he was checking out the one woman at his birthday party, like checking her out HARD. So much so she caught on and introduced her new man to him. Then he was checking out the woman getting into her SUV the next morning. Black Mirror is real funny in how it does things, anyway notices the plethora of women around both of them when they cut it off. All these women around and these two want another man. I thought she would catch him by going into the virtual world. Still trash certainly looking at Anthony different going forward. Remind me when top white actors played gay and kissed dudes?
Wife in the episode tight dude should have definitely been splitting that in half nightly. :smh:.
Sigh why Anthony Mackie hair so trash, dude needs a hard bristle hair brush and just cut the facial hair off. My dude just cut it off and give it up.
anthony_mackie_arrested.png

Man, I cant watch **** like "when they see us".

That **** hurts to much. My mind psychologically goes through to much as it is, when it comes to living here in America. I just get angry.

Last edited:
I got through the first 30 mins of 'when they see us' and had to turn it off

I know this shh going eat at me if I continue

Put on Always Be My Maybe because I like Rom-Coms and me and the wifey need something to watch.

5 minutes in...The How Does it Feel scene...guess we're gonna use Asians to put on more black culture moments.

That **** just really rubbed me totally wrong. Over that type of ****.

I second you on that I’m having the same discussions with my boys and I gave them the run down and that’s simply is to look out for one another. I.E leave together come home together and be very very cautious of your surroundings it’s not safe out there for us .

Put on Always Be My Maybe because I like Rom-Coms and me and the wifey need something to watch.

5 minutes in...The How Does it Feel scene...guess we're gonna use Asians to put on more black culture moments.

That **** just really rubbed me totally wrong. Over that type of ****.

wha?

Always be my maybe...

Was a pretty cool flick. I could watch that again.
It was over for me, when they all went to dinner, and had the headphones on..

Cheesy movie, but the cool type of cheesey..

Just finished SC diet. Good show, I would recommend it to everyone. I just feel like there was only so much they could do with a zombie theme. Very good nonetheless.

Y'all peep the younger slimmer Dashca Polanco. Jesus cristo, she's fine af.
23-dascha-polanco.w330.h330.jpg
Anne_Garcia.png

Back
Top Bottom