The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I knew the story from growing up in the area. Had a bunch of friends who lived in Schomberg growing up, so we spent a lot of time rolling though Central with nothing really to do. I’ve definitely been with groups of other kids similar to that first episode, which is why the story is so personal to me.

Tried to watch with my girl who wasn’t born here and doesn’t completely understand the extents to the ****ery in this country, so it was nice to see her find out just how foul this country and white people in positions of power could be to little black and brown boys and girls.

I don’t think I’ll get through the full series. It was cool seeing as they shot it right there and all the locations they showed were on point, but that just made it harder to watch. It all felt so familiar and the acting and writing is so good it’s hard to not put yourself in everyone’s shoes.

I’m at work today in a bad *** mood, probably because of the two episodes so watched yesterday. I think I’m good on the rest honestly.

Didnt live down there but was at Milbank (shouts the the bath house and Kennedy center too) like every weekend back in the late 80s...probably hooped or played baseball in the schoolyard next door with a couple of those kids (12 in 89)

Anyways finished pt 4 last night .....shhhhhh....damn Brother Wise smh....looked like spofford stories from back then.....just for having his mans back (I didnt know THAT part)

The actor the played Brother Wise, incredible.

Had low expectations with Always Be My Maybe, but was hooked due to the music and storyline.

Keanu was great.

I knew the story from growing up in the area. Had a bunch of friends who lived in Schomberg growing up, so we spent a lot of time rolling though Central with nothing really to do. I’ve definitely been with groups of other kids similar to that first episode, which is why the story is so personal to me.

Tried to watch with my girl who wasn’t born here and doesn’t completely understand the extents to the ****ery in this country, so it was nice to see her find out just how foul this country and white people in positions of power could be to little black and brown boys and girls.

I don’t think I’ll get through the full series. It was cool seeing as they shot it right there and all the locations they showed were on point, but that just made it harder to watch. It all felt so familiar and the acting and writing is so good it’s hard to not put yourself in everyone’s shoes.

I’m at work today in a bad *** mood, probably because of the two episodes so watched yesterday. I think I’m good on the rest honestly.
episode 4 man.....
took every ounce of strength not to cry. had to gather the strength a couple of times in that episode.

its just not right. it wasn't then and it isn't now.
I was too young then to completely understand everything going on but I def remember it on tv and remember ppl I lived around not rocking with the narrative on tv.

Finishin' up She's Gotta Have It
Gonna wait for my wife to start When They See Us
its a hard watch...def hardest thing I've seen in a long, long time.
even harder because I remember it as a kid but didn't understand it completely and as an adult I completely get it, feel it...

its not right. smh.

anybody that has questions about the system should watch it. questions about white supremacy and how it plays into every day life and how they created the system plus the pitfalls and all of that and push ppl into stuff and wash their hands clean of the situation. its sick.

everyone involved in interrogating, indicting and convicting the central park 5 should be prosecuted and made to serve life.
EVERYONE.

and to know that cnn, msnbc and a few others hired that lady at one point. SMH.

its a hard watch...def hardest thing I've seen in a long, long time.
even harder because I remember it as a kid but didn't understand it completely and as an adult I completely get it, feel it...

its not right. smh.

anybody that has questions about the system should watch it. questions about white supremacy and how it plays into every day life and how they created the system plus the pitfalls and all of that and push ppl into stuff and wash their hands clean of the situation. its sick.

everyone involved in interrogating, indicting and convicting the central park 5 should be prosecuted and made to serve life.
EVERYONE.

and to know that cnn, msnbc and a few others hired that lady at one point. SMH.

I'm def kinda nervous about watching it cause I see it's getting such a reaction from everybody
My wife worse than me so idk how both gon handle it but we gon get through it

episode 4 man.....
took every ounce of strength not to cry. had to gather the strength a couple of times in that episode.

its just not right. it wasn't then and it isn't now.
I was too young then to completely understand everything going on but I def remember it on tv and remember ppl I lived around not rocking with the narrative on tv.
Man, I was struggling through some points in episode 2. I was hoping that since they seem to jump forward to the release that there would be some solace toward the end, but you just confirmed for me that I won't be making it to the end.

I been sitting here at work in a bad mood all day. Morning commute was horrible. This **** is too painful and real for me. I hope it serves to get a lot of people pissed off who didn't know the extent of this, because not a dan thing has seemed to really change since then. The way those cops just came through and lined people up was all too familiar. All the times you got stopped and your pockets dug into as a 16 year old all came rushing back. Officers leading off unnecessary questioning with 'you ever been in the system' trying to start off with intimidation.

I had an encounter like this recently as an adult, and cops are wild ***** if you aren't a disenfranchised under educated child. I pray for those encounters today.

The **** that kills me is that nothing has changed since then. And this is the story we heard about. Just think of all the stories that people are able to sweep under the rug.

The way those cops just came through and lined people up was all too familiar. All the times you got stopped and your pockets dug into as a 16 year old all came rushing back

Like they were really gonna find that stolen bike that was supposedly radioed in after 1am in my army jacket pocket......smh 48th pct for ya

She gotta have it season was good

Mars :who is in your bed with you right now

Clorinda : nobody

Mars:
large.jpg

watched on my block over the past two weeks...never heard of the show until i saw it in my feed and i really liked it.
had a couple of weak plot points but overall the acting was great and the writing was pretty smart

great to see 4 colored actors all take a lead role. i couldn't get into shows like succession or billions because of that

Just started Supernatural last night. 14 seasons... damn...
**** don't even bother you got 14 seasons to catch up on. :smh:. I finally gave up after season 12, one episode just pissed me the **** OFF. Wife still watches though.

Wife and I recently started watching Undercover on Netflix, foreign film but it has subs and dubs. The dubs are pretty bad but it is tolerable as a show.

I'm def kinda nervous about watching it cause I see it's getting such a reaction from everybody
My wife worse than me so idk how both gon handle it but we gon get through it
Naw can't watch it right now, need to watch it over a long weekend. So when I come back to work I am calm to my lighter coworkers. Libel to throw hands for someone saying Good Morning.

Damn I finished When they see us last night. The scenes when they were coercing the boys was hard as hell to watch. Tbh, most of it was. I was moved, angry, emotional all at the same time.

The montage when Cupid started playing got me too, I love that jawn

Back
Top Bottom