The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Perfectionist would have been better if they showed full frontal and not timely crafted side boob. I want to see full on tittays

They are really going in for the third season, certainly not to the GOT levels of merch/food tie ins
‘Stranger Things’ Flavors Hit Baskin Robbins This Summer
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...obbins-this-summer/ar-AAC6box?ocid=spartanntp
AAC6696.jpg

AAC63Ds.jpg

AAC60n4.jpg

Was anyone else underwhelmed with the actual monsters in Stranger Things? I dunno what I had expected but it seems like they just revamped every 80s kid movie with monsters.

Eleven's storyline is the only thing that kept me watching.

Was anyone else underwhelmed with the actual monsters in Stranger Things? I dunno what I had expected but it seems like they just revamped every 80s kid movie with monsters.

I wasn't so underwhelmed because when I went into the show I thought it was targeting a younger audience. Then after a while I was locked in and didn't care, nostalgia kicked in and the monsters didn't need to be scary.

I was underwhelmed with the show as a whole, watched the first season and haven't really been back to it. I think they didn't use the monsters enough

I wasn't so underwhelmed because when I went into the show I thought it was targeting a younger audience. Then after a while I was locked in and didn't care, nostalgia kicked in and the monsters didn't need to be scary.

I think that's exactly what threw me off with the show. I expected something original because I saw people, young and adult, enjoying the show. But I feel they were catering to a certain 30-45 age demographic with nostalgic sentiments.

If I want that nostalgia, I'll watch something from the 80s.

Started watching Easy S3 last night ( 3 episodes left to go). So far this final season has been pretty good ( that BDSM episode was WILD and the one with Sophia Bush..... :wow::wow:). But the 2 episodes with the couple with the open relationship were interesting.......

I feel both people are despicable human beings, but I felt a sense of gratification when the wife hit her low point saying she doesn't want this open relationship anymore because old dude played her. But the husband wanted to continue it.

I think that's exactly what threw me off with the show. I expected something original because I saw people, young and adult, enjoying the show. But I feel they were catering to a certain 30-45 age demographic with nostalgic sentiments.

If I want that nostalgia, I'll watch something from the 80s.
Yeah, the novelty of the nostalgia from that show wore off pretty quick for me. First season I was in and then I just “eh’d“ through the second season. I’ll watch the third season while I cook or something at this point.

Started watching Easy S3 last night ( 3 episodes left to go). So far this final season has been pretty good ( that BDSM episode was WILD and the one with Sophia Bush..... :wow::wow:). But the 2 episodes with the couple with the open relationship were interesting.......

I feel both people are despicable human beings, but I felt a sense of gratification when the wife hit her low point saying she doesn't want this open relationship anymore because old dude played her. But the husband wanted to continue it.

Yea (in your spoiler)
that was such sweet satisfaction for me. Especially since I like his side chick way more cuz she has a beautiful set of tatas on her and is more his speed.

I was heated when the wife went on a blind date that she didn't like then let black dude crack them cheeks wide open. come back to dude wanting to talk about it.
the whole wanting to talk about it is what made me angry..
then trying to get sex from him after she got turned down... naw SIS, have a seat

Yea (in your spoiler)
that was such sweet satisfaction for me. Especially since I like his side chick way more cuz she has a beautiful set of tatas on her and is more his speed.

I was heated when the wife went on a blind date that she didn't like then let black dude crack them cheeks wide open. come back to dude wanting to talk about it.
the whole wanting to talk about it is what made me angry..
then trying to get sex from him after she got turned down... naw SIS, have a seat
FR! That was some BS when the wife did that. But when the husband turned her down I was like...:pimp::pimp:. At least he had some self respect. But that whole situation was a clusterf***! All that turmoil because they were sexually incompatible and afraid to get a divorce.

Anyone watch White Gold? I can't believe I just came across it. Knowing Netflix, I hope they don't cancel it.

Why? Please don’t say just cause he’s gay. >D

Moonlight is one of my favorite movies of the decade. Acting, score, dialogue, cinematography and direction were all top notch imo. Story kind of faltered in the third act but not enough to warrant hate.

The only people who I’ve encountered that HATE the movie are people who harbor homophobic feelings. Like my brother. >D
I like Moonlight but the character of Chiron does get on my nerves.

There are different character types and I'm pretty sure the super reserved quiet unassuming is not to my liking. I got a lot of his life was living in fear though. For a main character it is a hard shell to crack. Not saying he had to be relatable but damn fam made some scenes super dry.

Last edited:
Just checked out mid90's on Amazon prime, pretty decent flick if you grew up in the 90's. It some pretty nostalgic stuff; from ninja turtles, super soakers, to super nintendo cartridges and discmans and I was :wow: to see big brothers Jordan collection with toothbrushes laying beside the kicks. It reminded me of my early collection and cleaning them almost everynight, with soap and water and a toothbrush.

Anyone watch White Gold? I can't believe I just came across it. Knowing Netflix, I hope they don't cancel it.
Typical Netflix.
Their hidden content is harder to find than a 40yr old virgin.
It’s the behest complaint that I have with them.
I knew EASY came out recently ONLY because of this thread, then when I logged in to watch it, it wasn’t in any of my home screen categories or even under New Releases.

I literally had to go to the search box and hit “EASY” then search.

BBC has some great content AND the key to finding it is start on Google and then type in “best UK shows” and begin reading the synopsis.

I like Moonlight but the character of Chiron does get on my nerves.

There are different character types and I'm pretty sure the super reserved quiet unassuming is not to my liking. I got anlot of his life was living in fear though. For a main character it is a hard shell to crack. Not saying he had to be relatable but damn fam made some scenes super dry.
Yeah, I think for you you just don’t like the reserved, brooding characters like you said. Ex. Starboy Jonny Snow. :lol:

I can see not liking it from that perspective, though. I can’t relate to his situation (except for no father there) but I can see why his character was portrayed that way. Growing up in the hood, neglected, fatherless, bullied, only child with a crackhead mom who knows you’re gay and doesn’t accept you.

Finds a father figure in Juan. Next thing you know... Boom. Dead. Hits adolescence and for a brief moment allows himself to be vulnerable with Boriqua papi and engage in those feelings he’s denied himself from all his life... Boom. Hook to the face from ol’ boy who was stroking you the night before.
C5652DB4-5719-46D3-B8F6-5883C38F07B6.png

You finally get payback on a cat who has tormented you for who knows how long and you get sent up to Sing Sing immediately. God damn, after all that, I’d have been low key pissed if Barry Jenkins & ol’ boy who wrote it had Chiron show any type of charisma and signs of happiness. :lol:

Yeah, the novelty of the nostalgia from that show wore off pretty quick for me. First season I was in and then I just “eh’d“ through the second season. I’ll watch the third season while I cook or something at this point.
Completely agree, the first season was good for me. The second season I had the show on but I was zoning out, doing other stuff on the computer.

Reactions: gir

I forgot all about White Gold. Really enjoyed it

Watched The Perfection last night, was good but wouldn't call it much better than that

I forgot all about White Gold. Really enjoyed it

Watched The Perfection last night, was good but wouldn't call it much better than that

I’ll have to peep out White Gold.

Yeah, i agree with you about The Perfection. It was just that, good. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom