The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Glad you guys also like Fargo.

They're taking a long break for the next season.

I think the showrunner said winter 2020.

Chris Rock is supposed to be in it.

think the biggest problem I have with netflix original shows is that they have become formulaic, the show stretches on too much and not as much going on as a cable tv show (which need to keep your attention week to week for ratings). At the beginning, netflix shows were really refreshing compared to typical telly, building up to a great story slowly and not rushing like most other tv shows. However, now I feel when watching that netflix has gone the other way, and their originals dont grab me straight away at all so less likely to continue watching, recent examples include chambers, you, and what/if, wifey and I just didn't care enough to continue to watch. It's a shame given how novel and refreshing house of cards, orange is the new black, narcos, and stranger things felt when watching the first seasons, every time netflix dropped an original for a while, people knew it would be quality

think the biggest problem I have with netflix original shows is that they have become formulaic, the show stretches on too much and not as much going on as a cable tv show (which need to keep your attention week to week for ratings). At the beginning, netflix shows were really refreshing compared to typical telly, building up to a great story slowly and not rushing like most other tv shows. However, now I feel when watching that netflix has gone the other way, and their originals dont grab me straight away at all so less likely to continue watching, recent examples include chambers, you, and what/if, wifey and I just didn't care enough to continue to watch. It's a shame given how novel and refreshing house of cards, orange is the new black, narcos, and stranger things felt when watching the first seasons, every time netflix dropped an original for a while, people knew it would be quality

You need to continue watching You if you stopped watching cause you didn’t like the beginning.

Why so many of yall think You is a Netflix show? :lol:

That joint a Lifetime show. Dope though.

Same with All-American, thats CW.

I get the feeling In the Dark gonna end up there and yall will catch on in a few months.

Is What/If worth the watch?

I finished the first season of Imposters. I'm on like episode 2 or 3 of the 2nd season. It's ok, decent watch. Inbar Lavi tho :pimp:

You need to continue watching You if you stopped watching cause you didn’t like the beginning.
nah, got a 12 month old kid and a promotion with more work, my free time is increasingly sparse, if after an episode I'm not hooked enough to watch another then onto to the next one

What I really enjoy about She's Gotta Have It is the short burst of real moments within the show. Like learning about the artist who did Michelle Obama's portrait or those moments when they show the cover art for the songs that just faded out. Good lil cookie crumbs.

Why so many of yall think You is a Netflix show? :lol:

That joint a Lifetime show. Dope though.

Same with All-American, thats CW.

I get the feeling In the Dark gonna end up there and yall will catch on in a few months.
True. But it didn't do well on Lifetime channel. But I agree it is a really dope show

Last edited:
nah, got a 12 month old kid and a promotion with more work, my free time is increasingly sparse, if after an episode I'm not hooked enough to watch another then onto to the next one

Your loss if you decide to watch something else instead of You on there :lol:

You is cool but c’mon, you’re acting like he’s missing out on the next best thing since The Wire. :lol: Joe’s just a super simped up, clumsy version of Dexter.

You is cool but c’mon, you’re acting like he’s missing out on the next best thing since The Wire. :lol: Joe’s just a super simped up, clumsy version of Dexter.

I’m not saying he’s missing the greatest show of all time but it’s still a really, really good show that he’s missing out on if he stopped watching and never gonna try again just because it wasn’t entertaining enough for him in the first 30 minutes.

Came home last night, wife was watching Moonlight. I HATE that damn movie, I watched it once just to check the box.

Came home last night, wife was watching Moonlight. I HATE that damn movie, I watched it once just to check the box.
Why? Please don’t say just cause he’s gay. >D

Moonlight is one of my favorite movies of the decade. Acting, score, dialogue, cinematography and direction were all top notch imo. Story kind of faltered in the third act but not enough to warrant hate.

The only people who I’ve encountered that HATE the movie are people who harbor homophobic feelings. Like my brother. >D

The acting and cinematography in Moonlight was dope but the overall movie was pretty meh. The ending to the movie was very realistic, doesnt make it entertaining tho.

I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't watch it again.

The acting and cinematography in Moonlight was dope but the overall movie was pretty meh. The ending to the movie was very realistic, doesnt make it entertaining tho.

I didn't hate it, but I wouldn't watch it again.
I hate the fact Hollywood insist black men need to be gay or play gay in movies. I could be looking to far into it.

Back
Top Bottom