The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

What you think about it? It was hard for me to get through the whole thing.

I liked it, don't care for the main character but enjoyed the story and supporting cast.

that's basically how i feel about all of the marvel stuff on Netflix

Family Matters, Step By Step, Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, and Perfect Strangers are already there now. I'm slowly working through the whole series of Family Matters right now. :lol:

We are almost done with Family Matters. My wife was actually watching a few older shows off Terrarium so she got a head start

Weren’t the last few seasons of family matters on cbs? I only caught a few of thos episodes.

Defenders and IF were both some of the most garbage **** Netflix has put out.

Looking forward to Punisher :pimp:

What price would it take for you to cancel it?

Since its gonna be 10.99 for the basic *** package I got, I may dip at 15. Definitely at 20. I'm paying for too many individual services it feels like. This. Sling. Tidal and so forth. There are weeks at a time where I don't even turn Netflix on. And there's not enough original content to convince me to stay. A lot of the original content they have I don't care about. The taking away of the star rating system plays a small role as well. Couple that with Disney taking their **** away, it'll be easy for me to dip

Scrolling through Netflix and its crazy how Making a Murderer came out two years ago. I swear I just watched that **** months ago.

Great cop thriller called The Bone Collector with Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie just added. Highly recommend it

This is an awesome movie bro. This and fallen I can watch over and over :pimp:

Wentworth > OITNB

So true

Defenders was buns
It was missing something and it just didn't grab me. I got up to ep 5 and I just lost interest. It's a shame too, because I was amped up for it.

I'm excited for the She's Gotta Have It series tomorrow. Looking to finish that on Friday.
I might check this out if time allows. I have a lot of shows to catch up on myself. Punisher, Mindhunter, and that new western called Godless looks good too.

Godless :pimp::pimp: great western series worth the watch IMO

godless.jpg

I don't know if I like She's gotta Have It.
I Could take it as a Movie, but not sure If I can see this whole Series.
I see it being 10 episodes of what episode 1 was.

added: I'm on episode 3 now. I can't stop watching. I hate the music, it sounds like every other SPIKE Lee project. I hate Spike's StereoTyping too. Sometimes I feel like he's making fun of Blacks as opposed to embracing his Blackness.

added: ...and every song that SPIKE uses in this he gives an ad for. Like when the scene ends he lists the song and artist with a Album Cover.

I bet his cheap *** wanted to use the Song without paying for it, so he offered them (The artists of music he's using) advertising instead of real Money.

This fool SPike used GoFUNDme to make Da Sweet Blood of Jesus.
Cheap ***.
That movie was tragically bad and we paid for it. :rofl:
I am definitely hating on SPike right now.
Dude irks me to no end.

Added: SPike is killing this Series though. I can't even front. He has (imo) an 'outdated' way of getting his point across sometimes, but it's working in this. Ironically. I see new faces and that helps. It's nice that this Story is about an age group that can't include the actors Spike uses in all of his films. I mean, there are some familiar faces sure but mostly a fresh cast it seems. If Spike could have used Isaiah Washington as Greer and and John Turturo as Mars or Joie Lee, Giancarlo Espinito or Ossie Davis as 20/30year olds without us batting an eyelash, I'm sure he would have, though. Digging' the Series.

Added: Listening to Love songs during dramatic and racially sensitive scenes is super odd. Ruins the whole message. I don't even know what song you play then, but Maxwells This Woman's Work is something that makes me think two people are making Love, not two people being profiled by Police Officers. Spike should fire whoever does his music.

Last edited:
I don't know if I like She's gotta Have It.
I Could take it as a Movie, but not sure If I can see this whole Series.
I see it being 10 episodes of what episode 1 was.

added: I'm on episode 3 now. I can't stop watching. I hate the music, it sounds like every other SPIKE Lee project. I hate Spike's StereoTyping too. Sometimes I feel like he's making fun of Blacks as opposed to embracing his Blackness.

added: ...and every song that SPIKE uses in this he gives an ad for. Like when the scene ends he lists the song and artist with a Album Cover.

I bet his cheap *** wanted to use the Song without paying for it, so he offered them (The artists of music he's using) advertising instead of real Money.

This fool SPike used GoFUNDme to make Da Sweet Blood of Jesus.
Cheap ***.
That movie was tragically bad and we paid for it. :rofl:
I am definitely hating on SPike right now.
Dude irks me to no end.

Added: SPike is killing this Series though. I can't even front. He has (imo) an 'outdated' way of getting his point across sometimes, but it's working in this. Ironically. I see new faces and that helps. It's nice that this Story is about an age group that can't include the actors Spike uses in all of his films. I mean, there are some familiar faces sure but mostly a fresh cast it seems. If Spike could have used Isaiah Washington as Greer and and John Turturo as Mars or Joie Lee, Giancarlo Espinito or Ossie Davis as 20/30year olds without us batting an eyelash, I'm sure he would have, though. Digging' the Series.

Added: Listening to Love songs during dramatic and racially sensitive scenes is super odd. Ruins the whole message. I don't even know what song you play then, but Maxwells This Woman's Work is something that makes me think two people are making Love, not two people being profiled by Police Officers. Spike should fire whoever does his music.

I actually enjoyed the series and it music selections. Music interpretation is just like art - subjective.

I found the gesture of the music to be great. I'm always having to look it up to find the music credit/listing...Showing the album cover is different and saving me time. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom