The Official NBA Season Thread: Woj Retires

2x scoring champ at 6’3”. One of the best paint finishers ever at his size

again, just cause it doesn’t look a certain way doesn’t mean it’s not goat level standards

Never said he wasn't a good finisher at the rim, just don't think in all totality he's a better scorer than Bron or KD.

If you asked me who was a better scorer between Steph and Jordan I'd pick Steph. Hard to pick the guard over 2 complete wings who can shoot from the perimeter, put the ball on the floor, and post up.

You do not score 40k points at 6’8” off of layups :lol:

This has always been the issue with people’s perception of him, going back to the “Melo is a better pure scorer” days
When people say pure scorer they mean the ability to get a bucket at all 3 levels consistently. No one can stop Lebron at the rim. And he has a great 3. But he doesn’t have a complete offensive arsenal however it’s not needed. He’s a freak of nature

These are the numbers. Lebron is still the 2nd greatest player ever.

Attachments

• IMG_7749.jpeg
    IMG_7749.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7748.jpeg
    IMG_7748.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7750.png
    IMG_7750.png
    434 KB · Views: 145
Never said he wasn't a good finisher at the rim, just don't think in all totality he's a better scorer than Bron or KD.

If you asked me who was a better scorer between Steph and Jordan I'd pick Steph. Hard to pick the guard over 2 complete wings who can shoot from the perimeter, put the ball on the floor, and post up.
Again those are stylistic preferences.

“It’s hard to pick those guys because they don’t shoot from the same distance or even close to the same clip as gods son and you don’t have to pick them up at half court”

Again those are stylistic preferences.

“It’s hard to pick those guys because they don’t shoot from the same distance or even close to the same clip as gods son and you don’t have to pick them up at half court”

It's not. I'm looking at FG%.

Steph is a great scorer just not above those other guys.

The mid range jumpshot is the worst shot in basketball.

Seems like other players can't get to the pain as consistently.
Its the most valuable shot in the playoffs/ half court basketball. Only when you look at it from a math perspective that its a bad shot. KD, Kawhi, and MJ beg to differ

There's no way you can look at these numbers and conclude Lebron is great at all three levels of scoring. At year 22 he could of focused on getting his mid range better, however he chose to continue to work on his body to stay being good at what he is already dominate at, which is scoring in the paint and playmaking.

This has always been the issue with people’s perception of him, going back to the “Melo is a better pure scorer” days

It's crazy the player with the most points ever is not generally viewed as one of the best scorers ever :lol:

It's crazy the player with the most points ever is not generally viewed as one of the best scorers ever :lol:
Karl Malone was the 2nd leading scorer for years and now 3rd and I still don't see him brought up in the convo. Just saying. Id take KD and Kobe over Malone scoring wise

It's not. I'm looking at FG%.

Steph is a great scorer just not above those other guys.
True shooting %s. Lebron, Steph, KD not in order. Take a guess which one is Steph’s

And just a minute ago you said “midrange is a terrible shot” so you can’t reject analytics.

Bron getting punished by being able to get to the rim and not settling for tough jumpshots is insane.

If through my skill I can go 9/10 from layups in a game vs someone else who goes 5/10 from having to shoot jumpers how can that other person say they're a better scorer?

That's yall's logic.

Bron shot 40% from 3 this past season on 5 attempts per game, something Jordan never did.
Not sure what MJ has to do with this topic, but he averaged less than 2 3s per game over his career, so that's a moot point
Every season of Lebron's career, the shot he takes most is from 0-3 feet, outside of 21-23 when he shot a ton of 3s.

Screenshot 2024-09-24 110326.png

Not sure what MJ has to do with this topic, but he averaged less than 2 3s per game over his career, so that's a moot point

Every season of Lebron's career, the shot he takes most is from 0-3 feet, outside of 21-23 when he shot a ton of 3s.

Screenshot 2024-09-24 110326.png

The highest % shot in basketball is a layup.

How is this a slight?

Its not a slight, but its just that lebron stans act a little disingenuous/oblivious as to why some basketball fans don't put him in the pure scorer category despite his career totals. Giannis averaged 30 ppg but he's not considered a pure scorer. He's just a dominate player, because no one can stop him at the rim. Its not a bad thing. But even Lebron has some weaknesses. There's a reason why Kyrie/Wade would take the last shot and lebron would set up the play. Different strengths as a player. If its no time to dribble, ill let lebron shoot it tho

Back
Top Bottom