The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspending Curry would def result in GS losing game 7 and it would put a huge asterisk on the Cavs win. I don't think Lebron would want to deal with all the questions and what ifs. He's gonna win this ish fair and square.

lebron doesn't care about how he gets a ring famb.
i just feel that all year we heard about how GSW can with even without Curry in the line-up, but the minute they lose without Draymond Green it's about how Draymond is necessary for them to win.

Honestly I think GSW wouldn't be too much worse off if Curry didn't play game 7.

no warrior fan or logical person said that.

It's a 7 game series. That means in 4 of the games - you weren't valuable enough to get a win. I don't see how it's even a discussion. Do they give MVPs to guys on lottery teams?

In this case, if it was a one man show and all the losses were close, I could see an argument. That hasn't happened at all though.
Does it mean YOU weren't valuable enough or does it mean the TEAM wasn't valuable enough.

Losing a game doesn't mean Team A's MVP didn't outplay Team B's MVP. So I would re-think the, "You weren't valuable enough" logic.

re: Losers winning MVP of Finals series

Honestly, the way it has traditionally been is the main reason why we would be reluctant to look at it differently.

I look at the MVP of the series as the Top Performer of the series. Someone can be the Top Performer and their team not win the series. Especially if it goes 7 games. If it goes 5 games or 4. Nah, I couldn't co-sign that happening.

But a series going 7 games, I could easily see the best player being on a losing team.

Van Gundy and Lowe spoke on this topic on the last podcast. I suggest people give it a listen

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=16236606

Jeff Van Gundy Zach talks to Jeff Van Gundy about Draymond Green's suspension, what might happen in Game 6 of the Finals, and more.

The NBA doesn't need Curry. Without him the NBA will be just fine. Sure he's a great player that gets viewers to tune in. However the NBA isn't gonna fold or miss the money and viewers he generates.

My comment on Currys wife has nothing to do with insecurity. It's about a understanding between husband and wife in which popping off on Twitter about my job and the league/game I represent isn't cool. It puts Curry in a odd situation and makes her look bad. The league is legit when GS wins but fixed when they lose. Curry can't get called for a bogus foul like every player does throughout the season? It's all part of the game. He put up 30 in spite of foul trouble. The game wasn't lost because of one bogus foul call.
Naw brah, you have some regressive views on women. I hope your not married

The NBA doesn't need Curry. Without him the NBA will be just fine. Sure he's a great player that gets viewers to tune in. However the NBA isn't gonna fold or miss the money and viewers he generates.

My comment on Currys wife has nothing to do with insecurity. It's about a understanding between husband and wife in which popping off on Twitter about my job and the league/game I represent isn't cool. It puts Curry in a odd situation and makes her look bad. The league is legit when GS wins but fixed when they lose. Curry can't get called for a bogus foul like every player does throughout the season? It's all part of the game. He put up 30 in spite of foul trouble. The game wasn't lost because of one bogus foul call.
The NBA doesn't NEED Curry, but it surely benefits from having him around.

He is an "ordinary dude" that the common man can relate to. So, you are severely underestimating his appeal

I mean pretty much :lol:

Haslem got a game in the playoffs for doing the same thing during the first title year in '06

This is the NBA though,we all know what it is when it comes to stars :lol:

It's not just the NBA. In every sport the elite have special treatment. They are the ones that bring in the lion's share of the revenue. It may not be fair but every athlete has the chance to distinguish themselves either as an amateur or a pro.

Man, all of you dudes talking about, "We know how the NBA is with their Stars."

If YOU were a shot caller, you would do the same damn thing.

So stop it man. 

If the LeCavaliers win on sunday, I don't know wha ima do brehs. A Cavs win would be worse than Ramsay winning the bastard bowl. 
I think........I think I might actually go to church on sunday and pray hard for a dubs win because if they lose.....idk.......I'm scared......

:lol:

This ain't party chat so I can't tell if youre so sincere or not but this post is funny as hell Bes.

Last edited:

He is an "ordinary dude" that the common man can relate to. So, you are severely underestimating his appeal

He is pretty small for an elite NBA player so he will definitely inspire a whole generation of guys who thought they're too small for the NBA to work hard. MJ and Lebron have inspired a lot of kids but realistically if you're not at least 6'6", you got no chance of performing like them especially with the flashy dunks.

It's a 7 game series. That means in 4 of the games - you weren't valuable enough to get a win. I don't see how it's even a discussion. Do they give MVPs to guys on lottery teams?

In this case, if it was a one man show and all the losses were close, I could see an argument. That hasn't happened at all though.
Does it mean YOU weren't valuable enough or does it mean the TEAM wasn't valuable enough.

Losing a game doesn't mean Team A's MVP didn't outplay Team B's MVP. So I would re-think the, "You weren't valuable enough" logic.

Honestly, the way it has traditionally been is the main reason why we would be reluctant to look at it differently.

I look at the MVP of the series as the Top Performer of the series. Someone can be the Top Performer and their team not win the series. Especially if it goes 7 games. If it goes 5 games or 4. Nah, I couldn't co-sign that happening.

But a series going 7 games, I could easily see the best player being on a losing team.

Van Gundy and Lowe spoke on this topic on the last podcast. I suggest people give it a listen

Jeff Van Gundy Zach talks to Jeff Van Gundy about Draymond Green's suspension, what might happen in Game 6 of the Finals, and more.
Very good points. I'm sure people's mental blocks will prevent them from being able to understand your logic, but I agree with it completely.

We like the best player to be on the winning team because it fits our fairy tale vision of the world, that the top guy leads his side to victory. And it fits this other stubborn view that an athlete sucks if he doesn't win the championship.

Last edited:

In every other situation, both those guys cosign rewarding winners. MVP, All Star, All NBA, COTY, 6th Man, etc. Don't know what it is about LBJ that makes them flip flop. Everyone's definition is different but MVP has never been a "top performer" award.

I don't get where this argument for giving players the Finals MVP while they lose is coming from.

**** makes 0 sense at all and only happened in the 1st year of the award.

If GSW wins, Bron shouldn't get MVP, it's that simple.

honestly NOBODY on the warriors deserves mvp even if steph or klay have monster games on sunday

it should be lerbons to lose.......win or lose

Man, all of you dudes talking about, "We know how the NBA is with their Stars."

If YOU were a shot caller, you would do the same damn thing.

So stop it man. 
Who knows? Just stating common knowledge :lol:

Wouldn't be down to be a commish though :x

Unless I'm making Goodell $

Last edited:
He is pretty small for an elite NBA player so he will definitely inspire a whole generation of guys who thought they're too small for the NBA to work hard. MJ and Lebron have inspired a lot of kids but realistically if you're not at least 6'6", you got no chance of performing like them especially with the flashy dunks.
Folks underestimate his talent just like most will never be LeBron they will never be Steph either.

In every other situation, both those guys cosign rewarding winners. MVP, All Star, All NBA, COTY, 6th Man, etc. Don't know what it is about LBJ that makes them flip flop. Everyone's definition is different but MVP has never been a "top performer" award.
The MVP award for the Finals SERIES is a "Top Performers" award.

If it isn't, please tell me what it is.

legit question if you lost in the finals and didnt win a ring, would you honestly even want to accept the finals mvp?

metta protecting the league

Of course someone who won a Championship with the Lakers would say this 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Who knows? Just stating common knowledge
laugh.gif

Wouldn't be down to be a commish though
sick.gif

Unless I'm making Goodell $
Man you could be the manager of a damn Gym.

If your #1 membership consultant is late for work by 10 minutes every day, you are more likely to tolerate that than if your worst consultant did it.

The better you are, the longer your leash. 

He's not new at that though.

Isiah, Iverson, etc. were all insanely athletic and scored a lot and won either Finals MVP or regular season MVP. And both were shorter than Steph.

What Curry has added is a higher percentage long-range shot.

Unless you are the ultimate bandwagoner and only watch the top team, you would get exposed to plenty of elite and insanely athletic small players over the years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom